• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mike Muscala is back!

Peoriabird

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, sillent said:

Jaylen Adams PG is one of our 2 way players so IT might be gone. I don't know how I feel about that yet but Adams does look more in the mold of Young so I'm sure Schlenk is going in that direction.

The two-way player has limited NBA games or his contract converts to an NBA deal. We still need a full time 3rd PG.

3 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

Moose shouldn't be the backup center on a good team. He'll be fine for the losing that is coming for the next 2 or 3 seasons.

I think Bud saw Moose as our Olynyk but that did not quite pan out. Kelly is more efficient, better at drawing fouls, and hits the boards better. All things considered Moose is better than nothing.

I agree and think he is better served as a 3rd center or power forward.

• Moderators

No way he could get that much from any team in FA so this was a foregone conclusion.  He is above average at a couple things and not diasterously bad at anything so this is fine.  Wouldn’t have been sad had he decided to opt out but that was just never going to happen.

• Premium Member
Just now, Plainview1981 said:

And he averaged 4 points and under 2 rebounds in the playoffs that year. Not very productive... And he was 3rd on the depth chart behind Al and Pero that year.

On the 48 win team also

• Like 1

Just now, Peoriabird said:

On the 48 win team also

None of this changes anything. He isn't very good. 

Even with Splitter hurt most that year Moose could only average 9 minutes per game.

Again, the point is that he isn't very good and he shouldn't be on a team that is actually good.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

None of this changes anything. He isn't very good. 

Even with Splitter hurt most that year Moose could only average 9 minutes per game.

Again, the point is that he isn't very good and he shouldn't be on a team that is actually good.

I'm just messing with you man...Moose's career with the Hawks will be over after next year or sooner

• Like 2

Just now, Peoriabird said:

I'm just messing with you man...Moose's career with the Hawks will be over after next year or sooner

I mean, I don't hate the guy. I guess he is a fine enough spare minutes player and towel waver... You just can't count on him to play many minutes if you expect to win. 

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

43 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

I mean, I don't hate the guy. I guess he is a fine enough spare minutes player and towel waver... You just can't count on him to play many minutes if you expect to win. 

There was a time when I had high hopes for Moose to be above serviceable. Then played Summer League- he was one of the 'vets' he was so bad, falling all over the place, getting out muscled - I knew it was over. This was who he was.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

There was a time when I had high hopes for Moose to be above serviceable. Then played Summer League- he was one of the 'vets' he was so bad, falling all over the place, getting out muscled - I knew it was over. This was who he was.

It was either his 2nd or 3rd SL year...just pitiful.

• Like 1