• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Ceiling....

Diesel

7 minutes ago, DS5 said:

I disagree with IT, Teague and Bledsoe being better today. Even if those 3 and everyone you mentioned are better, you're saying that Dennis is still a top 15 PG in the league. That's not bad.

And let's not go crazy, we all know about his off court issues, and his on court production. But the locker room thing has taken a life of its own now.. There's nothing out there evidencing that he's a locker room problem. And don't quote TP's tweet, I mean something concrete.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Well, there are still others; Ben Simmons, Dennis Smith Jr. and Dragic and neck with Rondo and Darren Collison.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, DS5 said:

Completely agree with you. The off court issues are real and it shows his immaturity. But i was responding to the idea that Dennis is "not that good." I still think he's already a great player has the potential to be great with good teammates. That said, I'm all in on Trae and hope he becomes a superstar.

Dennis has a ways to go before being what I would call great at the NBA level.  Compared to the average NBA starting PG, his defense is subpar, his scoring is inefficient, his ballhandling is slightly above average and his ability to run the team is average.  That puts him as an average starter, IMO.

Well, there are still others; Ben Simmons, Dennis Smith Jr. and Dragic and neck with Rondo and Darren Collison.

I'm talking about pure point guards, so no on Simmons. Dennis Smith Jr? Other than a couple of highlight dunks, please tell me what about his game makes him better than Dennis? Rondo and Collison? Come on dude...

vor einer Stunde, EazyRoc sagte:

No particular order: Chris Paul, Steph Curry, Kyrie Irving, Mike Conley, Kyle Lowery, John Wall, Damian Lillard, Kemba Walker, Isaiah Thomas, Jeff Teague, Russell Westbrook, Eric Bledsoe

outside of kemba walker...he owned them all most of the games. again: dennis is a solid third option on a real team. he is not a carry the team offensively alone, while your little frame on countless plays is physically wrecking trough entire defenses. he wont last long in this league with the current play style and much of that caused his lackluster defense, which before the tanking year, whas never an issue.

better than teague and bledsoe though. IT is fun but big black hole on defense. you wont see teams game planning on dennis defense. ur biased guy.

• Like 1

Dennis has a ways to go before being what I would call great at the NBA level.  Compared to the average NBA starting PG, his defense is subpar, his scoring is inefficient, his ballhandling is slightly above average and his ability to run the team is average.  That puts him as an average starter, IMO.

I think if you put Dennis in a better team, he's at the very least a top 10 PG. We saw how good he could be defensively, when he doesn't have to carry the the team offensively and he knows we don't want to win. Same with his shooting. I disagree with you on his handles, not saying he's curry or cp3 but his handles are just fine and getting better each season. I really don't understand why everyone is so down on his play. Again I understand and agree with the off court bs, but to attack his on court production is just silly.

• Like 1

vor einer Stunde, AHF sagte:

his defense whas slightly above average before the tanking year, but would lock elite pointguards down when he wanted to

his scoring is average

ballhandling is fantastic

team running is interesting but quite good considering the change of rosters

28 minutes ago, DS5 said:

I disagree with IT, Teague and Bledsoe being better today. Even if those 3 and everyone you mentioned are better, you're saying that Dennis is still a top 15 PG in the league. That's not bad.

And let's not go crazy, we all know about his off court issues, and his on court production. But the locker room thing has taken a life of its own now.. There's nothing out there evidencing that he's a locker room problem. And don't quote TP's tweet, I mean something concrete.

Top 15 means he’s average. Like I said. There’s only 30 starting pg spots.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DS5 said:

I'm talking about pure point guards, so no on Simmons. Dennis Smith Jr? Other than a couple of highlight dunks, please tell me what about his game makes him better than Dennis? Rondo and Collison? Come on dude...

What does Dennis do well? Shooting, passing, vision, pnk, pnr, finishing, playmaking, or leadership.

None of those he does at an above average level and most are subpar.

12 minutes ago, DS17Fanboy said:

outside of kemba walker...he owned them all most of the games. again: dennis is a solid third option on a real team. he is not a carry the team offensively alone, while your little frame on countless plays is physically wrecking trough entire defenses. he wont last long in this league with the current play style and much of that caused his lackluster defense, which before the tanking year, whas never an issue.

better than teague and bledsoe though. IT is fun but big black hole on defense. you wont see teams game planning on dennis defense. ur biased guy.

I’m biased ? lol. OK.

Dennis is an average PG. I didn’t say he sucked, but he is what he is. He’s nothing special and when you combine that with off the court issues, I can see why the Hawks got their guy even though we have Dennis. 

• Moderators

When did Dennis ever grade out above average defensively and when has he ever been an efficient scorer?

He has been a negative DBPM guy every season of his career and has mixed some inconsistent but sometimes nice on the ball defense with consistently terrible off the ball defense.  

His career TS% is .516 and his career high is .533.  Nobody respects his 3pt shot which is a career average 32% and a career high 34%.

As a point of reference Teague (who is a very average starting PG) has a .547 career TS% and career high of .574.  Teague has shot 35.7% from 3pt range for his career with a high of 40%.  Teague has a better DBPM every season they have both played in the league and his second worst season of his career is better than Dennis' career average.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DS17Fanboy said:

his defense whas slightly above average before the tanking year, but would lock elite pointguards down when he wanted to

his scoring is average

No his defense wasn't. Never been. Everyone thought it could be above average based on his Rondo measurables but didn't have the discipline for sound defense.

Never got up on the player, never tried to play press/smothering defense in the halfcourt and always was undiscipline so always got caught reaching.

15 minutes ago, DS17Fanboy said:

his scoring is average

How is ballhandling fantastic? Team running is HORRIBLE. He can't lead a team and don't have vision or passing.

Wth did he 'shut down'? That is beyond wishful thinking.

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

When did Dennis ever grade out above average defensively and when has he ever been an efficient scorer?

He has been a negative DBPM guy every season of his career and has mixed some inconsistent but sometimes nice on the ball defense with consistently terrible off the ball defense.  

His career TS% is .516 and his career high is .533.  Nobody respects his 3pt shot which is a career average 32% and a career high 34%.

As a point of reference Teague (who is a very average starting PG) has a .547 career TS% and career high of .574.  Teague has shot 35.7% from 3pt range for his career with a high of 40%.  Teague has a better DBPM every season they have both played in the league and his second worst season of his career is better than Dennis' career average.

This is the VERY definition of owning someone. Lies made up for agenda. Teague may not be much if a floor leader but Dennis is worse. He looks for himself and not to create for others.

Everyone really needs to take a chill pill on Trae and one summer league game. Even though Steph is the poster child for 3point shooting point guards, Steve Nash set the first bar. And Nash is who Trae is most compared to by others who are not rabid fans.

It took Nash four years to break out; and Phoenix thought so less of him they traded him to Dallas after his 2nd season. With most young players, you know by their 3rd year what their real ( not perceived ) ceiling is. You have to give Trae some leeway here; otherwise we may trade away a future HOF.

• Like 1