• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Ceiling....

Diesel

vor einer Stunde, NBASupes sagte:

I watch a ton of Dennis. Impact isn't vague. It's just an all encompassing gauge. 

Dennis problem is his tools and athletic ability, while very good isn't Westbrook, young Rose, Wall, or others who are elite at it. He's not a good enough PG to justify starting in the NBA without elite athletic ability.

It's that simple. For someone who shoots like him, playmake like him, and makes decisions like him, he needs to be unstoppable to justify starting in the NBA.

The only thing he is very good at is the PnR and everyone knows that. Teams go under everything with him Dennis featured.

based on last year...tanking.

vor einer Stunde, Peoriabird sagte:

You pass on Doncic because he can't shoot.  If Doncic can't shoot then he will have a tough time scoring in the NBA because he isn't athletic

doncic can shoot. doncic his body type is sneaky athletic like larry bird. hes all nature and groove and could easily become "more athletic" if need be. but id rather see him minimalize that for his first year.

7 minutes ago, DS17Fanboy said:

doncic/young on the same level sports and franchise wise = a pipe dream, one started by a former golden state manager

To you maybe but as much as I like Luka, I questioned his athletic ability, speed in particular and his shooting form and defense. I have more questions about Trae but potentially, Trae has a higher upside.

3 minutes ago, DS17Fanboy said:

doncic can shoot. doncic his body type is sneaky athletic like larry bird. hes all nature and groove and could easily become "more athletic" if need be. but id rather see him minimalize that for his first year.

I think Luka can shoot but he will need to develop a lot just to become a pretty good shooter. Young already is. 

Until we see Luka in the NBA v. These level athletes, it's hard to say how good he can be. 

59 minutes ago, DS17Fanboy said:

he had a nice run...in college. then he no langer had a run...in college and dropped off hard. and he just doesnt have quickness and runs like shaq on pcp. hes a great leaper and i like his arms though, which makes up for it a bit, but he wont make crack defenders hesitate. ever...

Lol wow. You realize Trae was double teamed on 43.7% touches past half court? Most heavily guarded college player of all time. And dropping off Trae stil put up 27/8/4. If that’s dropping off I don’t know what to tell you. 

Amd please stop making up that Young has no quickness. He is quick and able to finish around the rim. That’s something I looked for when i watched him this year. Doncic is the one that struggles with quickness. 

1 minute ago, GThawks3 said:

Lol wow. You realize Trae was double teamed on 43.7% touches past half court? Most heavily guarded college player of all time. And dropping off Trae stil put up 27/8/4. If that’s dropping off I don’t know what to tell you. 

Amd please stop making up that Young has no quickness. He is quick and able to finish around the rim. That’s something I looked for when i watched him this year. Doncic is the one that struggles with quickness. 

I think Trae quickness is just above average as does Travis. It's his burst out of the screen and agility that reminds you of CP3 out of Wake.

1 hour ago, DS17Fanboy said:

this franchise is such a joke, but not as funny as the hawks fans. trae young aint shit and hes balding already.

I am so happy you’re not our GM. Trae Young is literally the ONLY player EVER to lead the nation in points and assists and did it as a 19 year old freshman. Also led the nation in 3 pointers but apparently that ain’t shit. Lmao

The overrating of Doncic continues. And because of that Trae gets trashed. Keep listening to the “experts” because that will get you nothing. 

Also found this online for the myth that people like to tell about howTrae will be too small to get his shot off.

__________w/o shoes__ wingspan

Trae (5th):___6’0.5”__6’3”

Kemba (9th):_ 5’11.5”__6’3.5”

Conley (4th):_ 5’11.75”__6’5.75”

Irving (1st):__ 6’1.75___6’4”

Curry (7th):__ 6’2”_____6’3.5”

Paul (4th):___ 5’11.75”_6’4.25”

Fox (5th):____6’2”_____6’6.5”

DSJr (9th):__6’2”_____6’3”

22 minutes ago, DS17Fanboy said:

He shot 30.9% last year from WNBA length 3?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GThawks3 said:

I am so happy you’re not our GM. Trae Young is literally the ONLY player EVER to lead the nation in points and assists and did it as a 19 year old freshman. Also led the nation in 3 pointers but apparently that ain’t shit. Lmao

The overrating of Doncic continues. And because of that Trae gets trashed. Keep listening to the “experts” because that will get you nothing. 

why are you even arguing with him? His Agenda is in plain view in his screen name and avatar, or course he's gonna hate on Trae. Take nothing serious

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DS17Fanboy said:

trae young aint shit and hes balding already.

Good thang a fat contract can fix that ??

The best comparison and ceiling to Trae imo would be Isiah (Zeke) Thomas. A guy who was a scoring and passing point guard with supreme vision and quickness. A natural leader who was gritty and as a tough a competitor as anyone. 

Trae’s passing is more like Nash but more of Isiah’s overall game. He’s more of an outside shooter than Isiah was early on though that’s for sure.

1981 #2 Isiah Thomas

2018 #5 Trae Young

1 minute ago, hazer said:

“Out-of-likes” like: ✅ 

Isn’t his mom supposed to be a hair stylist? Do something mama!!!

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

The best comparison and ceiling to Trae imo would be Isiah (Zeke) Thomas. A guy who was a scoring and passing point guard with supreme vision and quickness. A natural leader who was gritty and as a tough a competitor as anyone. 

Trae’s passing is more like Nash but more of Isiah’s overall game. He’s more of an outside shooter than Isiah was early on though that’s for sure.

1981 #2 Isiah Thomas

2018 #5 Trae Young

Sexton is more Zeke to me. Young is more Curry/Nash

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Sexton is more Zeke to me. Young is more Curry/Nash

Sexton isn’t comparable to anybody I can recall playing. Probably most like his own coach Avery Johnson. A supreme competitor with a built over the years jumper that didn’t come easy. Sexton will struggle if he can’t shoot from outside...imo...the only way to get separation from your defender in the nba is to prove you can stroke it from the outside. 

Time will tell I guess but I’m happy we didn’t end up with:

JJJ 4th

Wendell Carter 7th

Sexton 8th

Knox 9th

56 minutes ago, GThawks3 said:

Also found this online for the myth that people like to tell about howTrae will be too small to get his shot off.

__________w/o shoes__ wingspan

Trae (5th):___6’0.5”__6’3”

Kemba (9th):_ 5’11.5”__6’3.5”

Conley (4th):_ 5’11.75”__6’5.75”

Irving (1st):__ 6’1.75___6’4”

Curry (7th):__ 6’2”_____6’3.5”

Paul (4th):___ 5’11.75”_6’4.25”

Fox (5th):____6’2”_____6’6.5”

DSJr (9th):__6’2”_____6’3”

In the end its all about if you can play. 

48 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

All elite players are bald/balding :) 

Male pattern baldness has been scientifically proven to be somewhat correlated with high levels of intelligence (baldness is more prevalent among scientists, academics, etc.), so perhaps bald=highBBIQ.