• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Female Broadcasters

Just now, Eddielives said:

Like I said, let's put both of our ideas out there in the world beyond this website.  Let's see how the public would generally view the portrayal of women reporters as "chicks" and my defense of even those that are considered just bimbos and eye candy.  I'll take my chances that I'm just a bit more in the right than you guys not that I really give a shit about your fake ass offense.  So spare me your sad attempt to turn this around and pretend that you're offended.  Please, go to your workplace, your church, your local bar, your high school reunion, your next job interview, pto meeting and call all the females there chicks!  If you have a daughter of dating or marrying age, please tell how happy you would be to know that she winds up with a man that respects her and her fellow females so much as to refer to them so highly.  And please continue to be sure to assume that women with big boobs that are really pretty are probably in  their position because of their looks.  How dare I be such a pompous ass to stand up for such a derogatory post with my holier than thou progressive mindset.  I mean the nerve of me!  But we live in a world where even our president can brag about grabbing pussies and how his power and money grants him the ability to treat women like trash so why am I even surprised!

LMAO, I'm glad you say it as my fake ass offense. Because that's exactly what it was. My point anything you say can and will be twisted this day and age and you can't please everyone. 

HOWEVER, my point stands that there are plenty of women who would be offended that you as a man took it upon yourself to speak for all of them and that's the truth.   

Also, being "progressive" should mean that you see other people's point of view.  Try to understand there point of view and in a pragmatic way try to make them see the error of there ways or just move on without name calling and shaming.  Like why did you get in your feelings because I pointed out that some women would be offended by your comment and I was offended that you would assume all women say your point of view?  A progressive mind would say, hey maybe you're right some women may feel that way, but good sir I'm not speaking for all women.  I'm just coming from my soapbox. 

I also don't get why you have to label yourself "progressive".  What does that even mean? Labels are what's wrong with this socail media age.  Everyone thinks that's what they are so they try to be it. Try being more than a label my good sir! 

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

LMAO, I'm glad you say it as my fake ass offense. Because that's exactly what it was. My point anything you say can and will be twisted this day and age and you can't please everyone. 

HOWEVER, my point stands that there are plenty of women who would be offended that you as a man took it upon yourself to speak for all of them and that's the truth.   

Also, being "progressive" should mean that you see other people's point of view.  Try to understand there point of view and in a pragmatic way try to make them see the error of there ways or just move on without name calling and shaming.  Like why did you get in your feelings because I pointed out that some women would be offended by your comment and I was offended that you would assume all women say your point of view?  A progressive mind would say, hey maybe you're right some women may feel that way, but good sir I'm not speaking for all women.  I'm just coming from my soapbox. 

I also don't get why you have to label yourself "progressive".  What does that even mean? Labels are what's wrong with this socail media age.  Everyone thinks that's what they are so they try to be it. Try being more than a label my good sir! 

Please excuse the grammatical errrors.  Damn edit function where art thou.

12 hours ago, macdaddy said:

It's all context so I'm not going to judge (too much).   But so many of these "terms of endearment" can be used in a condescending way.   You may call a woman sweetie or hon if she's a cashier or waitress but not if she's your doctor or accountant.  Why is that?  

So uhm....my wife's doctor calls me sweetie.  I'm assuming because I am. 

So guys...true admission time here. I'm a sexist.  I prefer one sex over another.  Given an evening to chat, engage, enjoy myself, I'd much rather spend time with women.  I enjoy their company more and find most guys boring and tedious. I find women more interesting and oh ya...they like me more too.  Eddie's comment is so far out of bounds on this and he doesn't have the ability to see it.  I call the cashier sweetie because in my house, I do the grocery shopping which means I'm always talking to them. When I go through the checkout line, I always greet the cashier with a smile, ask them how their day is going and am empathetic either way.  In general, the vast majority greatly appreciate that I'm considerate and see them more than just a robot who needs to hurry the hell up and check out my groceries. I'm genuine...regardless of if they're black, white, redhead, blonde, curvy or bone thin and as long as they've been even the least bit sweet during the interaction, I will always say goodbye with a kind and bordering on flirty "Thank you sweetie". More often than not, I get a shy grin, maybe even a blush and it is almost blatantly obvious that I made her day. It's never creepy and always intentionally flattering.

If you find yourself getting the stink eye from women you are nice to or from using good ole southern phrases, consider that you might be doing it creepy. For example, saying "thanks Hun" while staring at her breasts is much differently than saying "thank Hun" while offering a polite smile, meaning thank you in earnest and making eye contact. It's all in the execution and intention. Women are much better than we are at discerning your intentions.

So why am I able to do pull this off. Because I truly like women. Not just as sex objects, but as people. True I enjoy it when one cooks for me or bakes for me, but I also enjoy when one compliments me, educates me or challenges me. A male feminist isn't one who stands up for every small injustice. He is one who appreciates everything a woman is and the vast majority of women do like to be appreciated for their femininity, as long as you aren't leering and slobbering.  If Eddie hung out with me for a few days, he might even start asking for tips because...imagine this...most women like me as a person, irregardless of my looks.