• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Female Broadcasters

• Moderators

Female announcers in basketball makes a lot more sense since of the existence of women's basketball.  The NFL only has female announcers for sex appeal and equality (avoiding law suits and claims of sexism).  Honestly, I'd prefer retired NFL players as sideline announcers/interviewers over the females.  At least then there would be credibility and no issues in the locker room.

15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah?!  Well, I don't like you either!!!!

Not really, I don't even know you.  I just saw a crowd gathering and decided to pick a side. :hmm:

On a serious note, I do think 'chick' has a generally negative connotation.  The offensiveness of others, like 'darling' or w/e, seem to be based on context.  'Chick' seems dismissive.

Just my $2.

On topic, I don't think the announcers were all that great.  Ledlow was bad, didn't catch much of Rose.  Similarly, to me, Jared Greenberg was bad too so it wasn't just the ladies.  I should say, though, that announcing is just like officiating.  I only really notice it if it's bad (or hawt).

Really???  I thoroughly enjoyed Ledlow and Ros did more than just broadcast, she did sidelines as well and she was a real pro.  Isaiah was clowning and not taking the whole thing seriously at all and she kept the broadcast on track the whole time.   I don't impress easily and Ros impressed the Sweetie/Darling and Honey out of me.

39 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ee...hem...as a female, can I way in. 

Chick is weird word.  Guys and gals typical use it when they are talking about someone not present not directly to that person. Like  'some chick ',  'that chick' , the chick from across the way, etc. 

I agree with your post about sideline 'eye candy' that don't know squat about the game. The good ones have put the work in and deserve your kudoos.

I don't mind sweetie and darling.

You can WEIGH in anytime...

Good God I’m an a$$... ? 

I love women in the kitchen....

1 minute ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Female announcers in basketball makes a lot more sense since of the existence of women's basketball.  The NFL only has female announcers for sex appeal and equality (avoiding law suits and claims of sexism).  Honestly, I'd prefer retired NFL players as sideline announcers/interviewers over the females.  At least then there would be credibility and no issues in the locker room.

See, that's kind of how I see it. I could trust Tony Siragusa knew what he was talking about because he played in the trenches. I played football in a league growing up (parents made me pay my own way for equipment and sign up fees) and there is just a different insight when you've spent 2 hours pushing and shoving overfed farm boys in order to gain 10 yards in 3 tries. Until you've had your face stepped on by a fat kid in cleats, its hard to understand what a 300 lb lineman has actually gone through just to get to the NFL.  I'd just as soon hate listening to a guy try to call a competitive volleyball game.  Dudes pretty much don't play volleyball competitively. But if you've ever had a gal in your family sweat like a pig 5 days a week for 4 years, wearing skinned knees, elbows and black eyes going to the winter formal, you know just a smidgen of the work those girls put in. Here...watch these boys learn that a girls volleyball team is nothing to be trifled with.

But yah...when you see some buxom broadcaster school wannabee stand on the sideline and try to ask Julio how he beat the bump and run, its painful.  

But here, give Ros a listen interviewing Olynyk.  More than 2 prepared questions...actually knows something about the team.  

• Like 1

No, in all seriousness I love women who know their stuff like Doris Burke. She’s good and obviously knows the game well. I am not a fan of Kristen Ledlow (doing play by play). She was awwwful. Maybe a lot of jitters but she was not on point with anything. Smitty kept trying to encourage her but I think we should stick that ? in a cute dress and ..well back to the sidelines.

Ros Aswald Silver I hate. She started with the scrubs and is prolly best friends with Ayesha..go away Oz Goldbun whatever.

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

I don’t call ? sweetheart and darling at any point. That automatically takes away any potential hooking up of any kind. What am I their grandpa?

-The shaq of the mac 

Well if you were :airquote:attractive:airquote:, it might fix that. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah?!  Well, I don't like you either!!!!

Not really, I don't even know you.  I just saw a crowd gathering and decided to pick a side. :hmm:

On a serious note, I do think 'chick' has a generally negative connotation.  The offensiveness of others, like 'darling' or w/e, seem to be based on context.  'Chick' seems dismissive.

Just my $2.

On topic, I don't think the announcers were all that great.  Ledlow was bad, didn't catch much of Rose.  Similarly, to me, Jared Greenberg was bad too so it wasn't just the ladies.  I should say, though, that announcing is just like officiating.  I only really notice it if it's bad (or hawt).

LOL...come at me bro....or are you offended by bro?  Gotta keep internet boards PC and all.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Good because I consider you a sweetie

:first_move:

16 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You can WEIGH in anytime...

Good God I’m an a$$... ? 

I love women in the kitchen....

Damn. :negative:

7 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Well if you were :airquote:attractive:airquote:, it might fix that. 

:mosking: now that's a solid buuuurn

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, thecampster said:

So I just got done telling my purple and blue haired wife about this message thread and she says I can call anyone Chick that I want because she asserts that I'm the chick in this relationship.

:mosking:

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, thecampster said:

So I just got done telling my purple and blue haired wife about this message thread and she says I can call anyone Chick that I want because she asserts that I'm the chick in this relationship.

Well it rhymes with chick anyway.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ee...hem...as a female, can I way in. 

Chick is weird word.  Guys and gals typical use it when they are talking about someone not present not directly to that person. Like  'some chick ',  'that chick' , the chick from across the way, etc. 

I agree with your post about sideline 'eye candy' that don't know squat about the game. The good ones have put the work in and deserve your kudoos.

I don't mind sweetie and darling.

What about hon? Short for honey. I am 60 years old but even in my 40's I used that term. I was told once by a 20 something that she hated it and other women did as well.

The old adage that female broadcasters in sports are just "spoon fed" information, is about 20 years out of date.  Most of the females you see your your TV screens know what they are talking about.    When you listen to someone like Maria Taylor converse about football, you now right off the bat that she isn't just reading off of a teleprompter.  Doris Burke is quickly becoming the female version of Hubie Brown, with the basketball knowledge she kicks off the top of her head.

As for Rosa, she's a former hooper . . . and she can play defense.

now = know

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Well it rhymes with chick anyway.

giphy.gif

POTD... You win the internet for today :drinks:

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

What about hon? Short for honey. I am 60 years old but even in my 40's I used that term. I was told once by a 20 something that she hated it and other women did as well.

Millenials. 

I'm not one.