• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Female Broadcasters

Over the years, I've really had a problem with how the NFL shoves blonde sideline reporters down our throats, female reporters in the locker room and the like.  That said....man am I proud of the ladies who shared broadcast duties during summer league.  Specifically, Kristen Ledlow and Ros Gold-Onwude.  They really know their stuff, and were a pleasure to listen to. Both beautiful ladies but aren't just cookie cutter blonde, big boobs on the sidelines.  Kristen and Ros killed it and deserve a few atta-girls. I really enjoyed their commentary and insight.

Atta Girl Ros and Atta girl Kristen.  Here's to hoping I hear/see more of you.

• Like 2

There are a lot of great female broadcasters and commentators.  I think Rachel and Doris do the best job as far as the NBA.  Jackie McMullin is great in a grandmotherly kinda way.  The Mendoza chick with baseball is very detailed and the older lady who had a front office position with the Raiders knows a whole helluva lot of football on CBS. The lead lady on NFL network Morning Show has to be on her game with those football nerds.  She knows about obscure interior linemen and special teams stats and sh@t.

Isaiah wasn’t paying too much attention to the game but hearing him talk basketball is golden.

I know there are but I really hate when I'm force fed someone on the sidelines who is being fed all her questions and is just there to eye candy or fill a quota.  The job done by the gals this weekend was unexpected and refreshing. I was very impressed.  I really enjoyed listening to Ledlow.  Ros had a tougher boat to row as she was totally carrying Isaiah that game. She was constantly having to right the ship as he drifted off.

5 minutes ago, Eddielives said:

"Chick" broadcasters?  Really?  I really hope you are more tactful and less tone deaf when referencing females in your personal interactions.

Nope!  I call cashiers sweetie and darling and I don't get offended when they do and yes the title was for effect only.

3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

All cashiers or just women?

Waitresses...little old ladies asking me to get stuff off the shelf...my nieces, my daughter-in-law....pretty much any woman would presents herself with a bit of grace and sweetness. I'm honestly disturbingly 1950's friendly to everyone but you guys.

17 minutes ago, thecampster said:

What I think is funny is that you feel so self-important that you think internet shaming would work on me!  How long have you known me and read my posts?

Lol. The only funny thing here is that you seem to think you were actually complimenting women in your original post. This is about you sir and if you think referring to females as "chicks" is cool, you're no gentleman and have a lot to learn. In fact your entire original post reads like a joke where a guy is actually thinking he's being respectful to females but fails miserably. But, sadly, it seems you don't really care and just want to turn it on me. Typical internet message board trolling. 

Yay! more internet shaming....ooo...tell me about how I'm a dinosaur from another time.  I love that one.  We all know you don't like me for other things...quit trying to latch onto something and blow it out of proportion. You're smarter than that.

• Premium Member

Ee...hem...as a female, can I weigh in. 

Chick is weird word.  Guys and gals typical use it when they are talking about someone not present not directly to that person. Like  'some chick ',  'that chick' , the chick from across the way, etc. 

I agree with your post about sideline 'eye candy' that don't know squat about the game. The good ones have put the work in and deserve your kudoos.

I don't mind sweetie and darling.

27 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Yay! more internet shaming....ooo...tell me about how I'm a dinosaur from another time.  I love that one.  We all know you don't like me for other things...quit trying to latch onto something and blow it out of proportion. You're smarter than that.

Yeah?!  Well, I don't like you either!!!!

Not really, I don't even know you.  I just saw a crowd gathering and decided to pick a side. :hmm:

On a serious note, I do think 'chick' has a generally negative connotation.  The offensiveness of others, like 'darling' or w/e, seem to be based on context.  'Chick' seems dismissive.

Just my $2.

On topic, I don't think the announcers were all that great.  Ledlow was bad, didn't catch much of Rose.  Similarly, to me, Jared Greenberg was bad too so it wasn't just the ladies.  I should say, though, that announcing is just like officiating.  I only really notice it if it's bad (or hawt).

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ee...hem...as a female, can I way in. 

Chick is weird word.  Guys and gals typical use it when they are talking about someone not present not directly to that person. Like  'some chick ',  'that chick' , the chick from across the way, etc. 

I agree with your post about sideline 'eye candy' that don't know squat about the game. The good ones have put the work in and deserve your kudoos.

I don't mind sweetie and darling.

Good because I consider you a sweetie

• Like 1