• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Deep C

hazer

Not a lot of discussion of just how stacked the Hawks are at the 5 this year. Is there a deeper team than Dedmon/Len/Collins/Plumlee in the entire league? This will be a huge factor, especially if we plan on running. Fresh legs, 4 strings deep. Imagine Bumlee against opposing 3rd and 4th string Cs. Posted time ?

Just now, hazer said:

Not a lot of discussion of just how stacked the Hawks are at the 5 this year. Is there a deeper team than Dedmon/Len/Collins/Plumlee in the entire league? This will be a huge factor, especially if we plan on running. Fresh legs, 4 strings deep. Imagine Bumlee against opposing 3rd and 4th string Cs. Poster time ?

Poster*

I ain’t ? at bigs ...more bodies more fouls more physical play! We like that in our old band Haz! You got this mthfker together take us ? ?! 

High ? and rolls with all the bigs you mentioned and make a run towards the basket for an oop cuz Trae will find you or if you’ve worked on your outside shot this summer fall back for a trey from Trae. I’m not ? at all I’m gonna get some ? and enjoy the ?.

Ps I’m turning into Mike Scott with my emoji ❤️ dang ? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I ain’t ? at bigs ...more bodies more fouls more physical play! We like that in our old band Haz! You got this mthfker together take us ? ?! 

High ? and rolls with all the bigs you mentioned and make a run towards the basket for an oop cuz Trae will find you or if you’ve worked on your outside shot this summer fall back for a trey from Trae. I’m not ? at all I’m gonna get some ? and enjoy the ?.

Rock and/or (pick’n) roll ?

12 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Très from Très ✌?+☝?

Speaking of depth:

PG: Young/Lin/Hamilton/Bembry/Dorsey

SG: Baze/Huerter/Dorsey/Bembry/Hamilton/Carter

SF: Prince/Anderson/Baze/Bembry/Carter

PF: Collins/Spellman/Dedmon/Prince

Dayuuuuuum Son ☀️ 

• Like 3

So how many games are we going to win with "the deepest 5's in the league".

Don't do this Mr. Hazer.   Dedmon is the only guy who is even halfway decent.  Len was a top 5 lottery pick, and Phoenix totally gave up on the guy when it came time to pay him.  Plumlee is good in 60 second stretches.  Those 3 on any good team, is your backup center.

Collins is about as much of a center as Draymond Green.  He can play the 5, but he isn't a 5.  Collins and Dedmon should be starting.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Collins is about as much of a center as Draymond Green.  He can play the 5, but he isn't a 5.  Collins and Dedmon should be starting.

This is how I feel but yet pod casters project him as a center and I can't figure out why.  Sam Veceni and his co host are convinced he projects as an offensive center and then rail on his rim protection as a defensive center.  Same with Rowland and Seigel.  Personally I don't see it.  I think he is a power forward and would flourish playing along side a center like Dedmon.

• Like 2

• Moderators
Not a lot of discussion of just how stacked the Hawks are at the 5 this year. Is there a deeper team than Dedmon/Len/Collins/Plumlee in the entire league? This will be a huge factor, especially if we plan on running. Fresh legs, 4 strings deep. Imagine Bumlee against opposing 3rd and 4th string Cs. Posted time [emoji95]

I like the mixture of skillsets at five, but I wouldn’t say we’re the deepest or most talented at the position. I like the Pistons and Magic depth at five better.

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

So how many games are we going to win with "the deepest 5's in the league".

Don't do this Mr. Hazer.   Dedmon is the only guy who is even halfway decent.  Len was a top 5 lottery pick, and Phoenix totally gave up on the guy when it came time to pay him.  Plumlee is good in 60 second stretches.  Those 3 on any good team, is your backup center.

15 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

This is how I feel but yet pod casters project him as a center and I can't figure out why.  Sam Veceni and his co host are convinced he projects as an offensive center and then rail on his rim protection as a defensive center.  Same with Rowland and Seigel.  Personally I don't see it.  I think he is a power forward and would flourish playing along side a center like Dedmon.

28 wins, 3rd string small ball Center he is.

1 hour ago, gurpilo said:

There are going to be posts in 2 months saying I cannot believe Phoenix let Len go. Mark my words.

I’m buying this. He needed a change of scenery and a chance. Let’s see if he gets a chance but I agree that he might shine. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m buying this. He needed a change of scenery and a chance. Let’s see if he gets a chance but I agree that he might shine. 

Define "shine".  The NBA is a league of production.  The players that shine, do multiple things at a decent level, or do one thing very well.

So from a numbers standpoint, what does Len "shining" look like?

8 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Define "shine".  The NBA is a league of production.  The players that shine, do multiple things at a decent level, or do one thing very well.

So from a numbers standpoint, what does Len "shining" look like?

Good question. I’d say I wouldn’t be surprised if he was able to warrant starter minutes and resurrect his career by showing he is more than just a decent rebounder if given minutes. I just think if he can add a couple of offensive moves, possibly a nice 20 foot consistent jumper that he can play as a key top 7 or 8 in the rotation for us.

The signing reminds me of a Paul Millsap deal even though Sap had already had some super productive years in Utah before arriving to us and developing to another level with us. Sometimes in these situations, a player might tend to realize they need to alter things in their game moving forward to be a valuable piece on their team.

Make no mistake though, Millsap is a hard hat lunch pail type of player. Len to some degree could have the opposite label slapped on him. He can change that here if he wants to change the path of his career.

From a numbers perspective, absolute “shining” for me would be about 12-15 points, 8-10 boards and 1-2 blocks. He gives us that and to me, he’s shining!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Good question. I’d say I wouldn’t be surprised if he was able to warrant starter minutes and resurrect his career by showing he is more than just a decent rebounder if given minutes. I just think if he can add a couple of offensive moves, possibly a nice 20 foot consistent jumper that he can play as a key top 7 or 8 in the rotation for us.

The signing reminds me of a Paul Millsap deal even though Sap had already had some super productive years in Utah before arriving to us and developing to another level with us. Sometimes in these situations, a player might tend to realize they need to alter things in their game moving forward to be a valuable piece on their team.

Make no mistake though, Millsap is a hard hat lunch pail type of player. Len to some degree could have the opposite label slapped on him. He can change that here if he wants to change the path of his career.

From a numbers perspective, absolute “shining” for me would be about 12-15 points, 8-10 boards and 1-2 blocks. He gives us that and to me, he’s shining!

Just for perspective

In the past 10 years, the only players who have at least averaged 12 pts - 10 rebs - 2 blks . . . are these guys:

• Anthony Davis ( 5 times )
  • Dwight Howard ( 5 times )
  • Rudy Gobert ( 2 times )
  • Hassan Whiteside ( 2 times )
  • Andrew Bogut ( 2 times )
  • Deandre Jordan ( 1 time )

The 12 - 10 - 2 mark, is most similar to Andrew Bogut's last 2 years in Milwaukee.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&per_poss_base=100&season_start=1&season_end=-1&lg_id=NBA&age_min=0&age_max=99&is_playoffs=N&height_min=0&height_max=99&year_min=2009&year_max=2018&birth_country_is=Y&as_comp=gt&as_val=0&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&c1stat=pts_per_g&c1comp=gt&c1val=12&c2stat=trb_per_g&c2comp=gt&c2val=10&c3stat=blk_per_g&c3comp=gt&c3val=2&order_by=ws

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

What's with the repetitive prediction of 28 wins with your post?

I double-quoted you and ‘Cyde, it was a straight answer to his direct question. And I’m consistent when discussing my wins predictions, unlike some who bounce from 18 to less than the record 13 season to low 20s back to 18. That’s what’s with it.

7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Just for perspective

In the past 10 years, the only players who have at least averaged 12 pts - 10 rebs - 2 blks . . . are these guys:

• Anthony Davis ( 5 times )
  • Dwight Howard ( 5 times )
  • Rudy Gobert ( 2 times )
  • Hassan Whiteside ( 2 times )
  • Andrew Bogut ( 2 times )
  • Deandre Jordan ( 1 time )

The 12 - 10 - 2 mark, is most similar to Andrew Bogut's last 2 years in Milwaukee.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&per_poss_base=100&season_start=1&season_end=-1&lg_id=NBA&age_min=0&age_max=99&is_playoffs=N&height_min=0&height_max=99&year_min=2009&year_max=2018&birth_country_is=Y&as_comp=gt&as_val=0&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&c1stat=pts_per_g&c1comp=gt&c1val=12&c2stat=trb_per_g&c2comp=gt&c2val=10&c3stat=blk_per_g&c3comp=gt&c3val=2&order_by=ws

How bout 12 points/8.0 boards/1.1 blocks? That might expand the list a bit. If he gets starter minutes, which he most likely won’t, these numbers aren’t out of the realm by any means imo.