• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Deep C

hazer

20 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Just for perspective

In the past 10 years, the only players who have at least averaged 12 pts - 10 rebs - 2 blks . . . are these guys:

• Anthony Davis ( 5 times )
  • Dwight Howard ( 5 times )
  • Rudy Gobert ( 2 times )
  • Hassan Whiteside ( 2 times )
  • Andrew Bogut ( 2 times )
  • Deandre Jordan ( 1 time )

The 12 - 10 - 2 mark, is most similar to Andrew Bogut's last 2 years in Milwaukee.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&per_poss_base=100&season_start=1&season_end=-1&lg_id=NBA&age_min=0&age_max=99&is_playoffs=N&height_min=0&height_max=99&year_min=2009&year_max=2018&birth_country_is=Y&as_comp=gt&as_val=0&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&c1stat=pts_per_g&c1comp=gt&c1val=12&c2stat=trb_per_g&c2comp=gt&c2val=10&c3stat=blk_per_g&c3comp=gt&c3val=2&order_by=ws

12/8/1 are within the range he stated too, what about that list of players?

• Like 2

I like our bigs and it will come down to if we can score enough points. I cannot wait for the regular season to begin. I expect a lot from Prince and Collins; maybe more than I should.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

It's relative -  deep I guess but how effective?

Dedmon and Collins - A

Unless Plumlee's play reverts to  'Suns Plumlee' that got him his big contract from the Bucks he's 3rd sting 'break  glass' center.

Len is intriguing, he's still a young player with chance to be better than he's been.  I had to research his draft profile to see why he was picked #5.  Here's what it said...

Offensively, Len increased his production from just 11.9 points per-40 as a freshman to 17.5 as a sophomore, without seeing a major drop-off in efficiency. While he's still somewhat of a work in progress on this end of the floor, he shows tremendous potential in a variety of different areas, as he has excellent fundamentals, soft hands, good touch, and the framework of a versatile skill-set, to go along with his fantastic physical profile. 41% of Len's offense came with his back to the basket, and he showed to be able to score over some of the best centers in college basketball this season, such as Nerlens Noel and Mason Plumlee. He dropped some terrific glimpses of potential from time to time, using pivot moves, fakes, jabs and rip-throughs, and being able to finish creatively from many different vantage points thanks to the excellent extension he gets due to his length and agility. With that said, Len is not yet an efficient option in the post, as he converted just 38% of his field goal attempts in these situations this season. His footwork, countermoves, left hand, and the range on his jump-hook are all a work in progress, as he isn't always strong enough to establish deep post position against bulkier defenders at this stage, making it difficult for him to impose his will on opponents. He also lacks a degree of toughness and nastiness in this area both establishing himself and calling for the ball aggressively once he has his man sealed off, something that should improve in time with added experience and strength. Len was also not in a great situation to showcase his back to the basket game, as his team suffered from very poor offensive spacing for much of the season. They mostly opted to use an offensively challenged power forward alongside him instead of someone that can stretch the defense, which brought an additional opponent inside the paint at all times. Maryland's guard play also left a lot to be desired, as Len's teammates often did a very poor job of getting him the ball when he did have position established, seemingly having no idea how (or simply being unwilling) to make basic post-entry passes, something that surprisingly did not improve at all during the season. - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Alex-Len-6156/ ©DraftExpress

Can he regain any of what made him the #5 pick?

in 20 minutes last season, he averaged 8.5 pts, 7.5 rebounds, .9 blocks, 1.2 assists - increase is scoring efficiency particularly his paltry free throw percentage (68%), 10 pts, 8.5  rebounds will be 'shining'.  He needs to up his aggression so he doesn't get his shot blocked so often.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, hazer said:

Rock and/or (pick’n) roll ?

Screen and Roll

5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

How bout 12 points/8.0 boards/1.1 blocks? That might expand the list a bit. If he gets starter minutes, which he most likely won’t, these numbers aren’t out of the realm by any means imo.

I Agree

55 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Guys, do you realize Len per 36 avg are 15 ppg, 13,5 rpg, 1,6 bpg? Much better stats than Dedmon

Yes but he can't guard on the perimeter.  He's too bulky stiff.  Advantages inside, disadvantages outside.  Good but not perfect.

6 hours ago, gurpilo said:

Guys, do you realize Len per 36 avg are 15 ppg, 13,5 rpg, 1,6 bpg? Much better stats than Dedmon

5 hours ago, thecampster said:

Yes but he can't guard on the perimeter.  He's too bulky stiff.  Advantages inside, disadvantages outside.  Good but not perfect.

Yes. Which is the entire point of my posting this thread. Ded starts. Len is off the bench against 2nd stringers. We have Collins and Plumlee behind that, depending on matchup. This is DEEP, and flexible, and EXTREMELY versatile. This is an incredible advantage that most aren’t digesting. Yeah, maybe Detroit and Orlando are as deep or deeper. How many times do we play those guys? Hawks are MUCH deeper at C than last year, and will win more than 24 games. 28 to be exact. Hi, PeeBird...

• Moderators
11 hours ago, hazer said:

Yes. Which is the entire point of my posting this thread. Ded starts. Len is off the bench against 2nd stringers. We have Collins and Plumlee behind that, depending on matchup. This is DEEP, and flexible, and EXTREMELY versatile. This is an incredible advantage that most aren’t digesting. Yeah, maybe Detroit and Orlando are as deep or deeper. How many times do we play those guys? Hawks are MUCH deeper at C than last year, and will win more than 24 games. 28 to be exact. Hi, PeeBird...

You are right we are much deeper but it isn’t that big of a thing for us because we won’t enjoy much of an advantage over the opposition most of the time.  Dedmon is solid but not a big win driving matchup.  Collins could be but he will be playing mostly PF.  Len you hope plays the other guy even and Plumlee you just shrug and hope he doesn’t embarrass himself.  These guys shouldn’t be much better than Dedmon, Ilya and Collins from last year unless it is due to player development.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
It's relative -  deep I guess but how effective?

Dedmon and Collins - A

Unless Plumlee's play reverts to  'Suns Plumlee' that got him his big contract from the Bucks he's 3rd sting 'break  glass' center.

Len is intriguing, he's still a young player with chance to be better than he's been.  I had to research his draft profile to see why he was picked #5.  Here's what it said...

Offensively, Len increased his production from just 11.9 points per-40 as a freshman to 17.5 as a sophomore, without seeing a major drop-off in efficiency. While he's still somewhat of a work in progress on this end of the floor, he shows tremendous potential in a variety of different areas, as he has excellent fundamentals, soft hands, good touch, and the framework of a versatile skill-set, to go along with his fantastic physical profile. 41% of Len's offense came with his back to the basket, and he showed to be able to score over some of the best centers in college basketball this season, such as Nerlens Noel and Mason Plumlee. He dropped some terrific glimpses of potential from time to time, using pivot moves, fakes, jabs and rip-throughs, and being able to finish creatively from many different vantage points thanks to the excellent extension he gets due to his length and agility. With that said, Len is not yet an efficient option in the post, as he converted just 38% of his field goal attempts in these situations this season. His footwork, countermoves, left hand, and the range on his jump-hook are all a work in progress, as he isn't always strong enough to establish deep post position against bulkier defenders at this stage, making it difficult for him to impose his will on opponents. He also lacks a degree of toughness and nastiness in this area both establishing himself and calling for the ball aggressively once he has his man sealed off, something that should improve in time with added experience and strength. Len was also not in a great situation to showcase his back to the basket game, as his team suffered from very poor offensive spacing for much of the season. They mostly opted to use an offensively challenged power forward alongside him instead of someone that can stretch the defense, which brought an additional opponent inside the paint at all times. Maryland's guard play also left a lot to be desired, as Len's teammates often did a very poor job of getting him the ball when he did have position established, seemingly having no idea how (or simply being unwilling) to make basic post-entry passes, something that surprisingly did not improve at all during the season. - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Alex-Len-6156/ [emoji767]DraftExpress

Can he regain any of what made him the #5 pick?

in 20 minutes last season, he averaged 8.5 pts, 7.5 rebounds, .9 blocks, 1.2 assists - increase is scoring efficiency particularly his paltry free throw percentage (68%), 10 pts, 8.5  rebounds will be 'shining'.  He needs to up his aggression so he doesn't get his shot blocked so often.

I’m sure Trae won’t have a problem getting him the ball. It’s just when he’s got it what’s he gonna do with it? [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LamarHampton said:

Deep seems like the wrong word. Lots of warm bodies? Sure.

I am interested and cautiously optimistic about Len. I think Schtink is going to try and trade Dedmon hard this year and hopefully gets a taker so we get an asset so Len can get more minutes.

Plumlee? Meh. Good to have in a tanking year I guess.

Collins is good but still young and developing. I've always thought of him as a F/C, matchup dependent. Hope he gets burn at both positions, especially if & when Dedmon traded. That's a factor that could change up the minutes at C for all these guys.

PS - how can we get this far into a thread called "Deep C" without a joke about @kg01's momz? @Spud2nique and @macdaddy are slipping, smh.

? I’m so sorry ?... we gotta get on that!... 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LamarHampton said:

PS - how can we get this far into a thread called "Deep C" without a joke about @kg01's momz? @Spud2nique and @macdaddy are slipping, smh.

I lobbed that fat softball right up there and nobody’s taken a swing at it yet ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LamarHampton said:

I am interested and cautiously optimistic about Len. I think Schtink is going to try and trade Dedmon hard this year and hopefully gets a taker so we get an asset so Len can get more minutes.

Collins is good but still young and developing. I've always thought of him as a F/C, matchup dependent. Hope he gets burn at both positions, especially if & when Dedmon traded. That's a factor that could change up the minutes at C for all these guys.

Aye, I'm still on triple-secret probation.

• Like 1

• Moderators
9 hours ago, LamarHampton said:

Sorry.  I was literally sleeping!  Plus I don't work blue.   I'm the cos  er.......seinfeld of the group.

• Like 1