• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Open House at State Farm Arena - Oct. 20th

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Same here.   It's a horrible design and honestly super dangerous if there was any kind of need to evacuate.   There isn't a good way to get people down efficiently.   Luckily, there are fewer people up there now.   After game one i probably won't buy any tickets in there.  Instead i'll spring for "Terrace Level"

Think we got tickets in section 103

• Premium Member
Just now, macdaddy said:

Oo lala.  Big spender!  Treating hubby right!!

I'm planning to go early and look around.  Going to be fun!

No, I'm being treated. My birthday is in October, so I always ask for Hawks opening night tickets. Was on a 5 year streak until last year.

Think tickets came with a free $10 food coupon as well.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No, I'm being treated. My birthday is in October, so I always ask for Hawks opening night tickets. Was on a 5 year streak until last year.

Think tickets came with a free $10 food coupon as well.

Damn.  That's 10 hot dogs...each!

The way up to the second level is still the same but I didn't try to go into any seats. I think a lot of structural stuff was left the same and they built around it. They also still had a bit of work to do for some areas. The entire hawk shop was still empty/being remodeled, monitors down in a lot of places, etc. I'm getting there right when doors open on Wednesday to check everything out again because of that. 

15 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hey @macdaddy.....Opening Night Swag plus other giveways for specific games. You can get your free Trae Jersey 11/25, 12/18 or 12/26 (but check the *)

If u guys get anything and want to trade it for a Kevin Durant in San Jose sharks gear bobble head I got last week at Warriors Lakers I’m down. 

• Like 1

The pictures you left are great ones, thanks. For one of the few times ever, I'll agree with Hawks' management when they say that they got the most for their (and the city's) $$$ with the renovations rather than the hundreds of millions more they'd need to build anew at the Civic Center or elsewhere.

Remember when Philips...err...the Good Neighbor was first built and Stan Kasten gloated about the suites and premium seating all being on one side of the building? The effort to re-balance the arena that the new folks were talking about seems to have worked. The place appears to look more of an NBA arena, not a building that clearly separates the haves and have nots as it previously was.

And as for having to walk down to your upper-deck seat in the former 300-400 section, I'd love to have had a conversation with the architect when that idea came up. That conversation would likely start off with a few f-bombs and other choice words that I'm not allowed to use here. From a structural standpoint, I can see them not being able to do much to change that layout due to the amount of $$$ and time (translation: add at least another $50-100M and another year's construction to the price tag) it would've taken to do so. 

Speaking of which, didn't I call it right a few years ago when I told you that they'd have to shave the first several rows of the upper deck to get those suits and other things they wanted in there? It looks much better in its' current form than it used to, I'll say that. 

• Like 1

On 10/22/2018 at 8:11 AM, Dejay said:

The most ironic thing about the renovations is that when all is said and done, the arena will have a capacity of less than a thousand seats more than the Omni did and one of the smallest such capacities in the league. That might be one of the only things they have in common but still...

Reduces the number of empty seats for the TV cameras.