• Current Donation Goals

• Raised 390.00 USD of 700.00 USD target

"Prediction Time" fun, the sequel: How many games before...

sturt

• Premium Member

HERE'S THE 2018-19 SCHEDULE: https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/ATL/2019_games.html

Just for schucks... my adult version of Saturday morning cartoons as I grab my Chick-Fil-A biscuit and diet Coke...

1a) Someone has a 30 point game...

1b) And who has it?

2a) Someone has a double-double...

2b) And who has it?

3a) Someone anyone has a triple-double...

3b) And who has it?

4a) Someone gets traded...

4b) And who will it be?

5a) We defeat some team that, by most accounts, is a contender and we would have no business beating...

5b) And who will that team be?

I'll play.

1) No one.   This is not hate.  I just see this as an offense in which we don't have a bonafied #1 option scorer, and an offense in which the wealth will be shared.  Point total high by anyone will be 28 points.

2) Trae Young vs Dallas ( home opener ).  Seeing that this is our ONLY National TV game of the year on either ESPN or TNT, that will be the game in which Trae and the boys will play their best.  16 pts - 12 asst for Trae that night.

3) No one.  I don't think Trae can get enough rebounds on this team to get one.

4) Vince Carter - to the Raptors

5) Boston at home on January 19th.  We have 3 days of rest/practice to prepare for Boston.  Meanwhile, the Celtics would have played both Toronto ( Wed ) and Memphis ( Fri ), before traveling to ATL to play the Hawks on Saturday.

• Like 1

First off damn you chick fil a is bomb and I’m jealous.

1. Yes

1b. Trae/Prince

2. Trae

2a. Trae @NY Knicks 1st game

3. Nobody 

4. Baze

4a. Rockets

5. We beat the world champion GSW in mid November (next month) in the Bay Area with me in attendance!!!

ps Gimme a bite of that biscuit @sturt and I don’t mean ur food! 

? haha my bad ? 

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if we got 30 points and the double-double done the very first game. Prince has proven he can go off at any point and he seems to be feeling it right now. Especially with the MSG energy. And Len is going to have plenty of opportunities for rebounds with Collins and Dedmon out. 

I don't expect anyone to get a triple double, but if anyone does it'll be Trae. Probably in an ugly, low scoring game with lots of long rebounds. 

I think Baze and Dedmon are the two trade candidates other than a random, insignificant Babbitt type trade of someone not getting any minutes. 

If OKC counts as a contender then I'll say the November 30 game.

For the thread:

1 game / Prince

1 game / Len

No one

Someone no one cares about before the deadline, potentially followed by a Baze or Dedmon trade

Nov. 30 @ Thunder

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Mine...

1) Prince had 5 30-point games last season, the last one being a win at BOS, and interestingly when you look at his game logs, most of his highest scoring games came against playoff-bound teams. 

I'll take Prince in game #6 @ PHI

2) Collins had 3 double-doubles within his first 10 games last season. Of course, the ankle thing is a concern, but I'll guess he'll be back within that first week, and ready to rock and roll and make some noise by the third week.

Give me Collins in game #8 vs. SAC

3) There's a very limited number of players on this roster who are capable of the feat, at least at this level. Best bet is Bembry, who is capable of filling up the AST, REB and PTS columns with something close to 10. So, it's not likely to happen at all, of course, but I can imagine Bembry in a late season game against an opponent that has very little to play for accomplishing it...

Let's say Bembry in game #67 vs. BRK

4) Hard to know what injuries could befall what team at what juncture in the season, and I'm inclined to think that's really the key piece of knowledge that would answer the question. As soon as some wing goes down, Bazemore's going to be a hot commodity assuming he keeps up his 2017-18 pace, and same for the C position, assuming Dedmon gets back to 100%. So, in this case, it's more a prediction based on general likelihoods... I think it's safe to say that some significant player on a contender roster goes down in the first half of any season, and I think it's safe to say that there's just more wings who are significant than there are centers.

Law of sturt's perceived averages dictates by game #41 (Jan 9), Bazemore will be on someone else's roster

5) I don't see us winning any games against the elite teams. But of the likely playoff teams, the only one we took 2 games from last season was WAS. Also, I think the question is as much about the opponent's schedule as it might be about our own status at the time. There is an opportunity I see on December 18th, as WAS will be playing 3 games in 4 days, and conceivably looking past us to their game the next night on the road in Houston.

So, Game #30, WAS at home will be the highlight win of the season, as underwhelming as that might be.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Aside...

@Spud2nique, for all the time I've lived in TX, I had a Chick-Fil-A within 10 minutes of my home until this summer when we moved closer to Houston for a new job. I'm now about 25 minutes away, and where I work is due east, while the closest Chick-Fil-A is due south... I was not happy. It took until August for it to dawn on me.... why not buy about 20 of them at one time, and just freeze them... pop one in the oven when I get up, get showered, and voila.... ready for me as I go out the door.

Life is good again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sturt said:

HERE'S THE 2018-19 SCHEDULE: https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/ATL/2019_games.html

Just for schucks... my adult version of Saturday morning cartoons as I grab my Chick-Fil-A biscuit and diet Coke...

1a) Someone has a 30 point game...

1b) And who has it?

2a) Someone has a double-double...

2b) And who has it?

3a) Someone anyone has a triple-double...

3b) And who has it?

4a) Someone gets traded...

4b) And who will it be?

5a) We defeat some team that, by most accounts, is a contender and we would have no business beating...

5b) And who will that team be?

1) Prince first 5 games.

2) Len opening night

3) I don't see it this year, we are too balanced.  Nobody will be the focal point enough to get that (Prince close but he'll be capped at more like 20/7/7.

4) Plumlee will be gone by the end of December if we are even close to 500. Baze by the deadline.

5) Toronto - Nov 21.

Just now, thecampster said:

1) Prince first 5 games.

2) Len opening night

3) I don't see it this year, we are too balanced.  Nobody will be the focal point enough to get that (Prince close but he'll be capped at more like 20/7/7.

4) Plumlee will be gone by the end of December if we are even close to 500. Baze by the deadline.

5) Toronto - Nov 21.

Caveat - the trade one is hard because injuries will determine that more than performance/fit.

3 hours ago, sturt said:

1a) Someone has a 30 point game... Yes

1b) And who has it? Prince, Trae, Collins, Baze, Bembry and Dorsey totalling 6 players on our team doing it. I wouldn't be surprised if the sanities Vince and Lin do it as well. 

2a) Someone has a double-double... Yes

2b) And who has it? Collins, Trae, Prince, Dorsey, Dedmon, Len, Lin , Bembry, Spellman, Vince, Poythress and believe it or not but Plumlee might get one as well this year.

3a) Someone anyone has a triple-double... Yes

3b) And who has it? Prince, Collins, Len, Lin, Bembry (Dorsey may get real close)

4a) Someone gets traded... Maybe

4b) And who will it be? If anyone gets traded Baze looks like the most likely candidate.

5a) We defeat some team that, by most accounts, is a contender and we would have no business beating... Yes

5b) And who will that team be? Warriors, 76ers, Celtics, Rockets, Toronto and Milwaukee. I'll be even more surprised if we beat the Lakers this year. Just got a feeling LeBron is still going to want to show his dominance on the East.

1) Fresh Printz, opening night

2) Ice Très AND Alexi, opening night

3) Not happening this year

4) Gaze, by the deadline

5) Bahst’n, at home on 11/23

4 hours ago, sturt said:

@sillent.... all good, but I think you missed the part of the question that appears in the subject header.... ie, "how many games before..."

@Spud2nique, just realized, ditto for 3 of the questions.

Ok yes I did

4 hours ago, sillent said:

1.) 1st game (Knicks) Prince goes for 30+

2.)"          " (Knicks) Alex Len/Trae get a double double

3.) Kings (Nov 1st) Bembry/ Dorsey get a tripple double and if not than Knicks (Nov 7th) Bembry/Len get one.

4.) Baze is considered but no viable/valuable offers before the deadline.

5.) 76ers Mon Oct 29th and if their rep has deflated before than Toronto Nov 21st right before we shock the Celtics the game after.

9 hours ago, sturt said:

Aside...

@Spud2nique, for all the time I've lived in TX, I had a Chick-Fil-A within 10 minutes of my home until this summer when we moved closer to Houston for a new job. I'm now about 25 minutes away, and where I work is due east, while the closest Chick-Fil-A is due south... I was not happy. It took until August for it to dawn on me.... why not buy about 20 of them at one time, and just freeze them... pop one in the oven when I get up, get showered, and voila.... ready for me as I go out the door.

Life is good again.

Well you made me have some today. Original chicken sand some nuggets and those delicious criss cut! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2018 at 10:19 AM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I'll play.

1) No one.   This is not hate.  I just see this as an offense in which we don't have a bonafied #1 option scorer, and an offense in which the wealth will be shared.  Point total high by anyone will be 28 points.

2) Trae Young vs Dallas ( home opener ).  Seeing that this is our ONLY National TV game of the year on either ESPN or TNT, that will be the game in which Trae and the boys will play their best.  16 pts - 12 asst for Trae that night.

3) No one.  I don't think Trae can get enough rebounds on this team to get one.

4) Vince Carter - to the Raptors

5) Boston at home on January 19th.  We have 3 days of rest/practice to prepare for Boston.  Meanwhile, the Celtics would have played both Toronto ( Wed ) and Memphis ( Fri ), before traveling to ATL to play the Hawks on Saturday.

On 10/13/2018 at 3:33 PM, hazer said:

1) Fresh Printz, opening night

2) Ice Très AND Alexi, opening night

3) Not happening this year

4) Gaze, by the deadline

5) Bahst’n, at home on 11/23

Nailed the pair, in order, only missed which game by 2 ? 

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

On 10/13/2018 at 10:19 AM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I'll play.

LOL!

1 hour ago, hazer said:

Nailed the pair, in order, only missed which game by 2 ? 

Actually had the order backwards but still had both double-doubling same game.

1.) 1st game (Knicks) Prince goes for 30+ Actuality: Prince went for 28 2nd game vs Griz. Trae Actually was 1st to 30 + 3rd game vs Cavs

2.)"          " (Knicks) Alex Len/Trae get a double double Actuality: Len and Trae both got double doubles but it was in 3rd game vs Cavs not 1st game vs. Knicks. 

I guess I slightly underestimated the nerves of a young team so early.