• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Once Dedmon is healthy, does he or Len gets more minutes at C?

sturt

• Premium Member

Because I'm really not sure.

I understand the argument that Len might possibly be part of our longer term plans, but even if we accept that Dedmon is more likely to be trade bait, there remains good reason for either one to get the majority of the floor time.

Going to be tough with the way Len has immediately taken to the team and finding ways to get involved. Trae seems to really be on the same page. Getting Collins and Dedmon back is going to be nuts. Let the dunk show commence!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Wow.  I"m surprised.   I think Len has been much better than i thought and is getting us some easy buckets on the offensive end.   He seems more agile to me than Dedmon. 

Well, we haven't seen Dedmon play with Trae.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I think it should go to something like Dedmon 60% / Len 40% and vary from there depending on performance.  This reflects Dedmon's better career to date and Len's performance to start the year.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Well, we haven't seen Dedmon play with Trae.

Trae will make all of these big men look better than Dennis did.

• Like 2

• Moderators
Just now, AHF said:

I think it should go to something like Dedmon 60% / Len 40% and vary from there depending on performance.  This reflects Dedmon's better career to date and Len's performance to start the year.

I don't know.  Len is 25 years old.  Dedmon is 29.   If this year is about the future then I'm going with Len unless we are showcasing Dedmon for a trade. 

• Premium Member

I actually think when Dedmon comes back he'll more than likely start off the bench to ease him back into the flow. He's missed offseason workouts, training camp and preseason.

If Len keeps a hold on the starting spot - good for him and us.

• Like 1

• Moderators
Just now, macdaddy said:

I don't know.  Len is 25 years old.  Dedmon is 29.   If this year is about the future then I'm going with Len unless we are showcasing Dedmon for a trade. 

Why wouldn't we showcase Dedmon for a trade?  If you are already going to start marginalizing Dedmon (playing him fewer minutes than his performance would warrant to focus on developing a younger player), then you might as well trade him and how many playoff teams couldn't use a defensive big who is a pretty strong and versatile defender who can shoot the 3 and comes on a very tradeable contract?

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

I actually think when Dedmon comes back he'll more than likely start off the bench to ease him back into the flow. He's missed offseason workouts, training camp and preseason.

That didn't make sense...'start off the bench' .

I meant come off the bench. Lol.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm talking when Dedmon is healthy.  I agree that starting him off with more limited minutes makes sense like it does for most players who come back from injury.  I haven't seen much from Len that has looked as good as healthy Dedmon (granting that Len could keep developing and hopefully will).

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm talking when Dedmon is healthy.  I agree that starting him off with more limited minutes makes sense like it does for most players who come back from injury.  I haven't seen much from Len that has looked as good as healthy Dedmon (granting that Len could keep developing and hopefully will).

I'm interested in seeing a healthy Dedmon with Trae.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

16/11 4 assists 4 blocks last night?  He was a +19.  Highest on the team.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Conversely in the first 2 games 7 and 9points, 4 rebounds each, 1 total block.

True but i wouldn't say we havent' seen ANYTHING from Len that is better than Dedmon.  Last night was a monster game from him by any standard.

Against Memphis Len was +2 in a 20 point loss.  10 points higher than any starter.   

I'd say he's a better passer than Dedmon and has much better hands.   I like them both though.  It's great to have depth.  

• Moderators
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

16/11 4 assists 4 blocks last night?  He was a +19.  Highest on the team.  

Are we heavily weighting the best games from people so I should be calling out Dedmon's best games last season?  I'm not boxing Len in with 9 and 4 and 7 and 4.  

I don't get out of joint by Dedmon putting up 20 points, 14 rebounds, 5 assists, 0 TOs, 2 steals and 2 blocks in a game last season.

Just saying overall I see Dedmon as the better player today and more deserving of more minutes.