• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Huerter for the three point contest

Spud2nique

12 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

:dry:

Haha.

Hey, if that Derrick Jones guy can mediocre his way onto the slam dunk contest, I'd say our guy has an outside chance at the 3point.

Then again, they beg and plead for slam participants while everybody in the league wants to be seen as a shooter these days.  Basically just talked myself out of optimism.

Thanks, cap.  :hmm:

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Haha.

Hey, if that Derrick Jones guy can mediocre his way onto the slam dunk contest, I'd say our guy has an outside chance at the 3point.

Then again, they beg and plead for slam participants while everybody in the league wants to be seen as a shooter these days.  Basically just talked myself out of optimism.

Saving you the dissappointment of getting excited about this idea and then reality come crashing down.  If anyone from this team is going, it will be Trae Young and the shootings %s will matter less than the # of fans who will know him.

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Haha.

Cap ? will get you like that. He will swoop in from last place and be on the brink of nfl fantasy elimination then come back to knock off a top seed...

i mean ummmmm ya...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Cap ? will get you like that. He will swoop in from last place and be on the brink of nfl fantasy elimination then come back to knock off a top seed...

i mean ummmmm ya...

That come back from last place is my goal this year! :aikido:

3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

On topic, I think Huerter should go over Trae. Trae is struggling with his shot and I would rather not see him take a mental hit on national TV. Now the Rising Stars game is another story; I would love to see Trae balling in that.

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

On topic, I think Huerter should go over Trae. Trae is struggling with his shot and I would rather not see him take a mental hit on national TV. Now the Rising Stars game is another story; I would love to see Trae balling in that.

Huerter definitely has better form..he’s kind of like a shooting machine. Trae has more of a chest push shot but it looks very comfortable and an easy release for him. For both of them really. And with Spell bombing threes last night, we look like we are gonna be good moving forward.

3 hours ago, Buzzard said:

@Buzzard you weren’t kidding around. McCaffrey is going bonkers here... 3TD’s??? One more and he ties Al Bundy! ?Nice start with Pitt D as well, on the flip side ur opponent had Big Ben. 

• Premium Member

No to the 3 point contest.

But anyway....this:

Kevin Huerter, Atlanta Hawks

a86faafe2003dea5b524e415bbd20a9e_crop_exact.jpg?w=2975&h=2048&q=85Scott Cunningham/Getty Images

It's understandable why coach Lloyd Pierce has taken it slowly with Kevin Huerter, who missed summer league, saw limited preseason action and checks in at 6'7", 190 pounds. But now it's time to set him free based on the comfort level he's demonstrated early.

One of the draft's top shooters out of Maryland, Huerter continues to look convincing from behind the arc, having hit 11 of his first 31 threes with a quick, effortless release. And though shooting has been identified as his signature, go-to skill, Huerter's mix of ball-handling ability and vision translates to valuable secondary playmaking.

He averaged 3.4 assists last year at Maryland, and he's dished out at least three assists in each of the four games he's logged 20-plus minutes.

Given the fact that Atlanta is rebuilding and he's a key piece moving forward, the time is now to let Huerter build confidence.

• Like 1