• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Philly Jimmy

Spud2nique

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

There's a reason he still can't shoot.  He will not mix well with Jimi.  jmho

Honestly I have a big problem with how the Sixers were constructed. To me, Embiid and Simmons might not even belong together. That’s why the Jimmy thing just might work. 

Embiid

Simmons

Butler

Leave anyone you kick to Redick. Man, I dunno I’m also a big Jimmy fan and was hoping he would get dealt to the Rockets ? because to me it was the perfect recipe to knock off the scrubs. Now, maybe the Sixers can come out of the east to sneak up on them.

• Premium Member

The Wolves made the best trade they could. RoCo is a solid NBA starter and Saric is a spread 4 that will play well next to KAT.

The reality is that if we had a time machine the Wolves would have been far better off never making the trade to bring that poison on our roster. I've went from loving Butler to hating him with a passion.

It is what it is. The Wolves  now have two solid starters that fit well with the franchise KAT and the guy we are still hoping develops in Wiggins.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

There's a reason he still can't shoot.  He will not mix well with Jimi.  jmho

Jimmy’s simple, he just wants to play with plus defenders.  Simmons doesn’t look it but his numbers suggest he surely is.  Butler and Embiid will be best pals, both dogs.

43 minutes ago, Sothron said:

...and the guy we are still hoping develops in Wiggins.

5 years in playing virtually every game, I think he is what he is, especially under coaches who aren’t known for player development.  His career shows a guy who’s zest for playing doesn’t match those who saw his potential as a prep player.  For a player of his athleticism to have a career -2.1 DBPM or take twice as many threes as free throws this year is quite unfortunate.

• Moderators

Covington and Saric are expendable for a true difference maker.  What will determine this is whether Butler commits to Philly longterm or his ego rages and he is gone.  All about his mentality.  There are some fit issues but the talent upgrade will make it a good move if he commits to finding a role behind Embiid for the longterm.

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Covington and Saric are expendable for a true difference maker.  What will determine this is whether Butler commits to Philly longterm or his ego rages and he is gone.  All about his mentality.  There are some fit issues but the talent upgrade will make it a good move if he commits to finding a role behind Embiid for the longterm.

I think he stays. Just a hunch but I think Athey have their big 3 set now with Fultz becoming expendable and he should never have been drafted first imo.

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

The Wolves made the best trade they could. RoCo is a solid NBA starter and Saric is a spread 4 that will play well next to KAT.

The reality is that if we had a time machine the Wolves would have been far better off never making the trade to bring that poison on our roster. I've went from loving Butler to hating him with a passion.

It is what it is. The Wolves  now have two solid starters that fit well with the franchise KAT and the guy we are still hoping develops in Wiggins.

I think you guys actually become a good team now. Basketball isn’t always about obtaining the best player but rather the key ? pieces. Like you said, Dario and Cov fit perfectly next to KAT. 

Im not holding much hope for Wiggins though, but maybe this excels his play as well.

Hoping Saric has a better go with Thibs than Bjelica and Mirotic did, he'll likely still opt for Taj over him next to Towns.

Philly improved simply because they have another capable shot creator in the halfcourt to attack defenses rather than just forcing the ball into Embiid despite him getting stonewalled by Horford.  Once Wilson Chandler gets his legs underneath him he should slide into the starting lineup, provide better defense than Saric with decent spacing.  Fultz should definitely be the leader of the bench mob with McConnell and Musky.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaceCase said:

Hoping Saric has a better go with Thibs than Bjelica and Mirotic did, he'll likely still opt for Taj over him next to Towns.

Philly improved simply because they have another capable shot creator in the halfcourt to attack defenses rather than just forcing the ball into Embiid despite him getting stonewalled by Horford.  Once Wilson Chandler gets his legs underneath him he should slide into the starting lineup, provide better defense than Saric with decent spacing.  Fultz should definitely be the leader of the bench mob with McConnell and Musky.

So were you and lw3 boys in Philly or are y’all just ? from Philly? ? ✌️ 

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

So were you and lw3 boys in Philly or are y’all just ? from Philly? ? ✌️ 

First of all, I'm not from Philly, I've just moved wor.. I've worked there.

Second of all, Lethal is like 15 years older than me so that would be weird if we were boys.  Could he have fronted me a g pack...er.. bumped into me at Dalessandro's?  It's possible.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MaceCase said:

First of all, I'm not from Philly, I've just moved wor.. I've worked there.

Second of all, Lethal is like 15 years older than me so that would be weird if we were boys.  Could he have fronted me a g pack...er.. bumped into me at Dalessandro's?  It's possible.

?? 

• Like 1