• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Prince, Collins...and Zion?

Sothron

10 minutes ago, hazer said:

He just turned 18 a few months ago. I grew 2” from when I graduated HS at 17 to when  I turned 20. Since we’re discussing maybes, what if Zion grows 2 more inches at his age like I did. Wow...

The age range for epiphyseal closure for men is 16-21.  He's at an age where he may or may not still have some growth centers left in his long bones.  

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

You want to make another bet?

Just now, hazer said:

Yes, next year ✅

Especially if we land Zion, somebody like Sekou with the Mav’s pick, and a star in a trade or FAcy. Hawks could feasibly snag 8th seed with them plus Trae and Collins.

18 minutes ago, JCDBaptist said:

I know that you are a doctor but I didn't stay at the Holiday Inn last night so those words are throwing me off a bit. Hit me with those words after this week.

Maybe they are close and maybe they aren't. At worst though he could be a more athletic Draymond. 

If he can be a more athletic Draymond, I'm game.  Where do I sign to get that?  Because if he is that, then he is an elite defender at multiple positions who is capable of spacing the floor offensively.  

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

If he can be a more athletic Draymond, I'm game.  Where do I sign to get that?  Because if he is that, then he is an elite defender at multiple positions who is capable of spacing the floor offensively.  

I will add to this that he has shown no signs of being an elite multiple position defender.  He's got to get the AAU coached out of him, and Coach K quit actually coaching years ago.

3 minutes ago, hazer said:

Especially if we land Zion, somebody like Sekou with the Mav’s pick, and a star in a trade or FAcy. Hawks could feasibly snag 8th seed with them plus Trae and Collins.

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Name it.  I'll guarantee you that the Hawks are not in a position to make the playoffs in 2020.  

See above, get back with me next year ☝?

2 minutes ago, JCDBaptist said:

This is what I see and stated. Seems Reddish is taking a backseat willfully but hos stroke looms better to me.

Yeh sometimes Barrett gave me Bazemore vibes with his out of control drives to the basket lol. He is more suited to that type of game than Bazemore though mind you.

12 minutes ago, DBac said:

Yeh sometimes Barrett gave me Bazemore vibes with his out of control drives to the basket lol. He is more suited to that type of game than Bazemore though mind you.

Barrett is a lot of today's Bazemore but far more skilled and has the world of potential due to his ability to finish and score in 1v1 situations. Once he gets more skilled, you won't be able to guard him. He is that gifted. 

I like Reddish. Reminds me of rookie T-Mac out of HS but with more range.

3 hours ago, Royjr9 said:

I said previously if it’s my choice between the duke trio I take reddish because there is something special with him. He would make the hawks better. I also mentioned bol bol too for the shooting, rebounding, blocking.  Zion is nice but truthfully questions about him will not get answered this year because teams in college will have a hard time defending him. 

Wouldn't that mean that Zion is the "special one", and not Redish?

If college coaches in the best conference in the nation will have a hard time defending him, that's says a lot about Zion's "special talent", than anything else.

Some of ya'll are overthinking this Zion thing.  You all know elite talent when you see it.

1 hour ago, hazer said:

If he's "only" 6 - 5, his vertical is much higher than 40 inches.  When your head is AT the rim on a dunk, you have some serious hops on you.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KB21 said:

LOL!

There have been 3 generational players drafted in the past 15 drafts, but somehow, there are going to be at least three generational players in this draft?

I strongly feel there are three potential ATG in this class very much similar to 98 and 03. That said, there is only one generational player in this class and that's Zion

21 minutes ago, KB21 said:

LOL!

There have been 3 generational players drafted in the past 15 drafts, but somehow, there are going to be at least three generational players in this draft?

Maybe not generational, but it's not beyond the realm of possibility that all 3 are at minimum multiple year NBA All-Stars.

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Maybe not generational, but it's not beyond the realm of possibility that all 3 are at minimum multiple year NBA All-Stars.

Every draft gets this kind of hype.  In 2014, Andrew Wiggins was the next LBJ and Jabari Parker was a sure fire superstar along with Julius Randle.  

So Zion, with all of the dunks and athleticism, this may be his best play so far this year.   If he can do THIS on a regular basis, there is absolutely no question who the #1 pick in the draft is.   This should start at the 2:25 mark.   If not, go to it to see the play I'm talking about.

54 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Wouldn't that mean that Zion is the "special one", and not Redish?

If college coaches in the best conference in the nation will have a hard time defending him, that's says a lot about Zion's "special talent", than anything else.

Some of ya'll are overthinking this Zion thing.  You all know elite talent when you see it.

I m not over thinking it with Trae, Collins, Huerter and spellman reddish would prolly be the better fit. His three point shooting and ability to take over games makes this easier for Trae while making him look better to me. Zion is good if he can shoot it from deep then yes he would be a good fit.otherwise I go with the six 9 guy that can bomb from deep. 

• Like 1