• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Prince, Collins...and Zion?

Sothron

Just now, KB21 said:

Says the guy who thought Marvin Bagley was the best player in this past draft.

He is the best player to me long term. I felt good about my top 3. 

Bagley III 

Doncic

Ayton

Highest upside being Bagley and Trae. 

JJJ hasn't been that consistent or all that good. Raw and fouls a lot just like I told you

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I love all three guys and wouldn't mind any of the three. You could honestly make a case for each of them. I'm taking Zion just due to the fact he has the best potential to be ATG. But I think all three could be ATGs and better than anyone we had in franchise history to go along with Trae. That includes Nique and Pettit.

Whoa there. Pettit is the greatest PF in the history of the NBA. Nique is a top 50 all time player. You really think all three of those kids could be better than them?

20 minutes ago, KB21 said:

....and I'm very confident that Bagley will be a role player who doesn't impact winning much, and that JJJ will be the league's defensive player of the year at some point and is a legit two way player who can stretch the floor.  

Bagley has been pretty good considering his personnel fit in SAC for what they need for now as has JJJ for MEM. Any SAC fan will tell you that and I've watched the games. Bagley has played well and done more in less considering that SAC has a pecking order.

Let's talk about this 3 and D big JJJ and how his 3 didn't translate as a rookie like I told you it wouldn't and how he fouls all of the time as well. Care to speak on that Keith? 

21 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Whoa there. Pettit is the greatest PF in the history of the NBA. Nique is a top 50 all time player. You really think all three of those kids could be better than them?

Pettit is not the GOAT PF, that's Duncan then you got Malone, Barkley, Dirk and KG who are better. 

Yes, I feel those three freshman and Trae can be better than Nique. It might seem odd but I was never a career Nique fan. I too was on the border of calling him top 50 and i too feel the same way about his brother Mr. Carmelo Anthony. 

That said, will they be better as a fact. 100% Not. Injuries, bad fits, and outside things can happen.

I like the top 3 potential of this class more than last year long term. Still like Doncic out of the draft more then any of these guys for NBA readiness, even more than Zion.

4 hours ago, hawkman said:

If Zion dropped out of Duke and somehow ended up on the Hawks roster today. He would be starting against the Pacers tomorrow. I don't see anybody on this roster he comes off the bench for, nor anybody on the roster that would make me think twice about drafting him #1 overall..

Not one damn player. Zion is generational. We don't have that period.

25 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bagley has been pretty good considering his personnel fit in SAC for what they need for now as has JJJ for MEM. Any SAC fan will tell you that and I've watched the games. Bagley has played well and done more in less considering that SAC has a pecking order.

Let's talk about this 3 and D big JJJ and how his 3 didn't translate as a rookie like I told you it wouldn't and how he fouls all of the time as well. Care to speak on that Keith? 

JJJ 1.8 BPM

Bagley -2.7 BPM

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

If the Hawks draft Zion, it will be an ownership decision that is made based on ticket sales, not basketball reasons or winning (which is years away).  

Zion is averaging a point a minute with a 24 BMP and has looked impactful on both ends. Not sure how it’d only be about ticket sales. 

19 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

If we don't get an impact player in this draft it will be a monumental disappointment. We need ladyluck on our side.

Good luck towards finding the kind of impact player you are looking for in any draft.  Needle in a haystack.

14 minutes ago, GThawks3 said:

Zion is averaging a point a minute with a 24 BMP and has looked impactful on both ends. Not sure how it’d only be about ticket sales. 

Again, at some point, he's going to face someone that can force him away from the basket.  Right now, his jumper looks bad to me.  To be such a great athlete, he gets very little lift on his jump shots.  

Other than dunking.. what skills has this dude shown that he is the next coming. All I see is style over substance. I am make a list of players that can dunk. This kid can't shoot, plays suspect d, and is all physical. Don't you all remember Josh Smith or Harold Miner. Not saying that his kid will be a bust but i just don't see the skill to go along with the athletic ability. Look at Doncic very unathletic but is very good because he is a skilled player who knows how to play basket ball. Zion is a product of the youtube generation. People are comparing him to Lebron James when he has NEVER SHOWN HE HAS ACTUALLY TALENT OTHER THAN DUNKING.  I want an NBA championship not another DUNK champion trophy. You don't hang those from the rafters. Some of you guys....................

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Again, at some point, he's going to face someone that can force him away from the basket.  Right now, his jumper looks bad to me.  To be such a great athlete, he gets very little lift on his jump shots.  

I don’t see it. I’m not say he’ll average a point a minute but he’s way too athletic with absurd body control and he’s much better handler and passer than I thought. 

We’ll see though. Maui should be a good test.