• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

They had 4 rookies on the team last year...Why was it not a problem last year but now it is a problem...If they want to trade or select 2 stash 2nd rounders or even a couple of injured player with potential..do that instead of giving away 1st round picks

Trading to move up is not giving away and 4 is not the same as 6.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

It’s tradition damnit! 😊 Ok fine your right it’s weird but vets are needed to guide the young guys I guess a bit. Vince was huge with our younguns last year. You always need a couple of those guys sprinkled in with some G leaguers, some journeymen on one year deals, some rooks too. 

So Bazemore Bembry, Plumlee, Collins, Crabbe, and Len aren't on the team anymore?

Just now, Peoriabird said:

So Bazemore Bembry, Plumlee, Collins, Crabbe, and Len aren't on the team anymore?

Oh I’m sorry I didn’t know I was required to name everyone on our roster. Was just trying to explain to you how rosters work since you apparently want 12 rookies on our squad. Hey, why stop ✋ there, we can get a rookie head coach too, how bout that?  The Atlanta All Rookies..change the name from Hawks too..

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So Give away the 2 2nd round picks for cash.  This ain't that difficult

You got some inside info. All I heard about so far is trading a package of them for OKC's 21st.

• Premium Member
Just now, Spud2nique said:

Lol ok now u seem to be trolling a tad. Why? Because that’s what I think my might happen. Aka, A guess.

I'm sorry...my frustration is not aimed at you.  I'm just confused about the process.  If Clark drops to 17, why would we not want him because he would represent 1 rookie to many.  Or if Jontay dropped to us then the response is No thanks we already have 3 rookies

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

I don't see it that way. Doncic a better play maker; no contest. But could RJ end up being a better scorer and defender? Possibly. This is the upside with RJ in my opinion: an elite two way player. I don't think Doncic has that potential at all.

Key word could.  To say RJ is better right now, as was suggested, and be serious about it is to be a serious joke.

1 minute ago, Eddielives said:

Key word could.  To say RJ is better right now, as was suggested, and be serious about it is to be a serious joke.

The draft is based on projecting. Doncic showed me last year he is a great play maker for his size. But the flip side is he is not a great defender and with his size he should be able to over power smaller players and be a more efficient scorer. Key word as you said is should.

10 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I'm sorry...my frustration is not aimed at you.  I'm just confused about the process.  If Clark drops to 17, why would we not want him because he would represent 1 rookie to many.  Or if Jontay dropped to us then the response is No thanks we already have 3 rookies

Well don’t use Clarke as an example. I’d take that guy 10th overall. But ya if a rookie fell to us I think schlenk would change up the game plan most likely. But going in I think 2-3. We shall see.

1 hour ago, EazyRoc said:

I really was just playing around with Supes.

However!

Your  focus on Luka to the detriment of our own young star leaves doesn’t leave you a lot of wiggle room to call anybody a troll and not be considered a hypocrite.

I don’t want this thread to devolve into another Trae vs Luka addendum so I won’t respond to this beyond this post.

That's cool.  We have different opinions.  Mine is just the one that is at least attempting to remove hometown bias.  If I tainted my outlook in favor of Hawks players then I'm basically part of some good ol' boy system and just looking out for my own.  I'm a little more progressive than that.

16 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I think Clarke and 17 is a bad example. By the time 17 rolls around what ever deal we made to move up inside the top 6 will be over. Unless you can predict Clarke will still be there at 17, then I gotta give you some serious props.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I think Clarke and 17 is a bad example. By the time 17 rolls around what ever deal we made to move up inside the top 6 will be over. Unless you can predict Clarke will still be there at 17, then I gotta give you some serious props.

There are mocks that are mocking him there.  The only question I have is why commit early when you can see how this thing plays out and it doesn't look good for you then get rid of the pick.

https://www.nbadraft.net/2019mock_draft

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/26719722/nba-mock-draft-latest-intel-all-60-picks-2019

There are mocks that are mocking him there.  The only question I have is why commit early when you can see how this thing plays out and it doesn't look good for you then get rid of the pick.

More than one team is trying to move up and 5 minutes of indecisiveness can cost you the chance of moving up.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

More than one team is trying to move up and 5 minutes of indecisiveness can cost you the chance of moving up.

Just don't think it is worth moving up unless they just hate Reddish which I understand but the team has plenty of holes to fill

Just don't think it is worth moving up unless they just hate Reddish which I understand but the team has plenty of hole to fill

Just based on rumors and that is all they are, Travis likes someone or two inside the top 6. None of us will know until draft night and even then something may not get done. I am not worried. I think we are in great shape come draft night.

8 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Just based on rumors and that is all they are, Travis likes someone or two inside the top 6. None of us will know until draft night and even then something may not get done. I am not worried. I think we are in great shape come draft night.

My guess is he wants two of the three wings. If Garland goes 4, he would have that option. 

9 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

RJ/Culver/Cam

Who does Schlenk want?