• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Knicks will work out Garland.  If they take Garland at 3, Barrett all of a sudden becomes available at 4. I think TS wants Barrett.

If there was a player to move up and take not named Cam Reddish, it's only R.J. Barrett. 

I’m torn here...I love 8 and 10. But if this means we get RJ, I might have to give in. It costs a lot but he’s worth it. 

Id still like to do 10 and 17 for the Cavs 5th pick and take Culver there.

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

I hope this is just draft misdirection genius on the part of Schlenk in an attempt to devalue his real choices

Griff’s people 😆 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Knicks will work out Garland.  If they take Garland at 3, Barrett all of a sudden becomes available at 4. I think TS wants Barrett.

Please don't let this be true...I'll take Reddish!  Just don't draft Barrett:shok:

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Please don't let this be true...I'll take Reddish!  Just don't draft Barrett:shok:

You mean the best passer from the 3 spot? Why not? Him and Trae immediately become the best pg/sf passing tandem in the league. Nash is a mentor to one and The Godfather to another. Yes please.

R.J. is the most polished player in this draft outside of Zion. He has all PDS qualities at an elite level for his position. He can play on and off the ball. Now on defense, we have questions and is he a perfect fit, probably not but he gives us a legit #1 option. 

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Lets start a petition before its too late!

The shooting?

Just now, kg01 said:

If Garland lands at 3, trading up for Barrett makes sense even if it costs 8 and 10.  We can probably combine 17+ to get a higher pick (for the Destroyer 💀).

Agree except last part sub Kabengele for Goga unless clarke is on the board then take him. RJ changes us to another tier.

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

If Garland lands at 3, trading up for Barrett makes sense even if it costs 8 and 10.  We can probably combine 17+ to get a higher pick (for the Destroyer 💀).

Yes. 17+35+41 and we willing to take a contract. Nassir Little please :Nique:

Just now, NBASupes said:

Yes. 17+35+41 and we willing to take a contract. Nassir Little please :Nique:

Yes, please ... but not for Little.  The Destroyer has spoken.

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

The shooting?

Agree except last part sub Kabengele for Goga unless clarke is on the board then take him. RJ changes us to another tier.

Kabengs guards no one.  His address is #EZPassLane.

I would say I'm sorry to tell you that, but The Destroyer apologizes to no one.

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

R.J. is the most polished player in this draft outside of Zion. He has all PDS qualities at an elite level for his position. He can play on and off the ball. Now on defense, we have questions and is he a perfect fit, probably not but he gives us a legit #1 option. 

Don’t see it but if schlenk moves up for him I trust his judgment 

Just now, kg01 said:

Yes, please ... but not for Little.  The Destroyer has spoken.

Kabengs guards no one.  His address is #EZPassLane.

I would say I'm sorry to tell you that, but The Destroyer apologizes to no one.

Wait a sec, ur trying to tell me that Goganani is a better defender than Kabs? Please don’t make me chuckle.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You mean the best passer from the 3 spot? Why not? Him and Trae immediately become the best pg/sf passing tandem in the league. Nash is a mentor to one and The Godfather to another. Yes please.

In examining his underlying numbers, however, things take a bit of a dip. Barrett produced a 53.2 percent true shooting in college and, while that isn’t awful, it isn’t overwhelmingly positive. Much of that inefficiency stems from his shooting, where Barrett struggled to 30.8 percent from three-point distance and just 66.5 percent from the free throw line. Positively, Barrett was willing to take threes (including some suspect looks) and generated a lot of free throw volume along the way, but he’ll need to shore up both areas in order to reach (or even approach) his NBA ceiling. In short, Barrett is not shy about looking for his own offense, generating the belief in some circles that he acted selfishly at times, with poor shot selection and a default mechanism to rely on himself over others. At present, Barrett needs to have the ball in his hands, as he isn’t a knock-down shooter and wouldn’t present a great deal of gravity. On the flip side, there is a concern that Barrett won’t be able to dominate offensively against better competition, leaving his downside as a player that might need to feast on second units, rather than acting as a primary scorer for a quality team.

As a defender, Barrett’s ceiling could be limited due to his lack of elite athleticism, but he does have prototypical size for a wing. Throw in his clear strength and physicality and there is no reason that Barrett couldn’t be just fine on the defensive end, provided his motor improves considerably.

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

In examining his underlying numbers, however, things take a bit of a dip. Barrett produced a 53.2 percent true shooting in college and, while that isn’t awful, it isn’t overwhelmingly positive. Much of that inefficiency stems from his shooting, where Barrett struggled to 30.8 percent from three-point distance and just 66.5 percent from the free throw line. Positively, Barrett was willing to take threes (including some suspect looks) and generated a lot of free throw volume along the way, but he’ll need to shore up both areas in order to reach (or even approach) his NBA ceiling. In short, Barrett is not shy about looking for his own offense, generating the belief in some circles that he acted selfishly at times, with poor shot selection and a default mechanism to rely on himself over others. At present, Barrett needs to have the ball in his hands, as he isn’t a knock-down shooter and wouldn’t present a great deal of gravity. On the flip side, there is a concern that Barrett won’t be able to dominate offensively against better competition, leaving his downside as a player that might need to feast on second units, rather than acting as a primary scorer for a quality team.

As a defender, Barrett’s ceiling could be limited due to his lack of elite athleticism, but he does have prototypical size for a wing. Throw in his clear strength and physicality and there is no reason that Barrett couldn’t be just fine on the defensive end, provided his motor improves considerably.

College is different than the pros. All Duke players this past season are way better NBA players. You want an efficient college player, go for Matthew Dellavadipshit

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Wait a sec, ur trying to tell me that Goganani is a better defender than Kabs? Please don’t make me chuckle.

"Goganani"?  Ok, that's skrong. 😄

Now I gotta find a way to combine Kabengele with Enes Kanter ... Kabenter?

And yes, The Destroyer is miles ahead of Kabenter defensively.

Also, where do the Garland-NYK rumors leave Smiff, Jr.?