Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

KSupes, this is an emergency.  Say it ain't so ....

This smells fake as heyul, honestly.

If this is real I’m not mad.

love plus 5th pick and 8th pick! Shiiiiiddddd I will take it!

5th pick culver 8th pick Cam

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't see T-Mac outside of his fluidity. I see if everything works out as a player long term who has some Iso-Joe, Batum, PG13 and shades of Klay Thompson with his quick trigger once he improves his shooting.  Also I see Malachi Richardson and the elite feel for space like Pero Antic. I think Iso-Joe combined with Batum while looking like a more athletic and fluid Klay is the goal. T-Mac is just way too athletic. He had great explosiveness and it helped for finishing even if Cam and T-Mac first step and open base is similar. Cam's explosiveness is Joe like but his core strength is Batum like. 

As I stated on RealGM: 

I have to say, if you look at Feb 14 of 2019. You look at this class differently. 
Look at Cam Reddish, he had a .390 projected 3pt. That's beyond elite. Consider this, .368 was Kevin's projected 3pt estimate. Think about that for a minute. 
https://web.archive.org/web/20190214164840/http://www.tankathon.com/big_board

Cam before the injury was on pace to be a 3/D solid prospect. I still believe that it's possible for most teams long term that Cam is just that. For us, Cam could be an extremely elite 3/D prospect that has playmaking and transition elite abilities while being a big time shot maker. 

I don't know if Cam will ever be a two way beast but he could be something better than that even in a 3/D role for us. Only time will tell. I can say, he is much more advanced than PG and Batum were as prospects.

February was his 2nd best month and in 8 games he averaged:

17.1 PTS, .385 FG%, .342 3P%, 4.3 TRB. He took 117 shots to score 135 points. That does not move the needle a whole lot for me when I look at his full season.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/cam-reddish-1/splits/2019

If we take Reddish, I am not going to hate because I think Travis knows a heck of a lot more than me. But I will be surprised if we do.

4 minutes ago, JTB said:

No one in this draft, nor any combination of guys in this draft are worth that contract.  May as well take Wall's contract to get the 9 pick too.  Go all in on driving our cap into the side of a building.  No, that's not a bad enough wreck.  Let's just drive our cap into the grand canyon. Thelma and Louise style.

6 minutes ago, JTB said:

Like the player. Not sure I can stomach the contract.  4 more years when he's already 30 is a big ask.  BUT......the Hawks are in a good spot financially so maybe it wouldn't hurt too bad? I dunno.  Again, I like the player and would welcome his production (when healthy) to the team.  

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

No one in this draft, nor any combination of guys in this draft are worth that contract.  May as well take Wall's contract to get the 9 pick too.  Go all in on driving our cap into the side of a building.  No, that's not a bad enough wreck.  Let's just drive our cap into the grand canyon. Thelma and Louise style.

It’s only for a year! So what’s the big deal? Love contract will be for one season. Great deal to me.

1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

Like the player. Not sure I can stomach the contract.  4 more years when he's already 30 is a big ask.  BUT......the Hawks are in a good spot financially so maybe it wouldn't hurt too bad? I dunno.  Again, I like the player and would welcome his production (when healthy) to the team.  

4 more years ? I thought love had one year left on his contract 

6 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

February was his 2nd best month and in 8 games he averaged:

17.1 PTS, .385 FG%, .342 3P%, 4.3 TRB. He took 117 shots to score 135 points. That does not move the needle a whole lot for me when I look at his full season.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/cam-reddish-1/splits/2019

If we take Reddish, I am not going to hate because I think Travis knows a heck of a lot more than me. But I will be surprised if we do.

It's his ability, game tape, and skills. Reading a stat sheet don't tell you shit about him as he was miscasted with Duke. Not just on offense but in transition and role. He had low rebounding numbers because we wanted him to get back to protect R.J. and Tre who love going for rebounds. He had 7-8 REBs in HS and EYBL. 

https://theathletic.com/822553/2019/02/25/nba-draft-college-coaches-poll-what-do-coaches-think-of-dukes-core-players-other-than-zion-williamson/

Jarret “Frozen Custard” Culver/SG

Cam “Code” Reddish/SF

Kevin “$$$-Cant-Buy-Me-$$$” Love/PF-C

That’s a damn HAUL from this draft son, dramatically changes the team and puts them squarely in the playoffs. Higher than 8th, which they would’ve already made last year had not J-Bap missed an entire month.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JTB said:

You take Cam 5th. You can afford someone to take Culver, you can't afford someone to take Cam. 

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Bro ....

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/cleveland-cavaliers/kevin-love-6132/

I'm gon' turn my head while you read that.  I hate to see a grown man cry.

Oh damn! I knew something was up with that trade.

honestly I believe it’s a real offer on the table now. Geeeshhh well uhhhh look man if we can add culver and cam with picks 5 and 8 by taking on a once upon all star in love I still say do it.

we have a ton of cap next off season and schlenk will just have to be very very strategic on how he does deals to stay flexible.

loves contract is bad but maybe we can get Minnesota love to come back ! You never know 

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You take Cam 5th. You can afford someone to take Culver, you can't afford someone to take Cam. 

Whatever just get cam and culver to go along with this love deal and I’m happy.

id do it in a heartbeat still even after learning (me learning anyways) that love has 4 more years left.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It's his ability, game tape, and skills. Reading a stat sheet don't tell you shit about him as he was miscasted with Duke. Not just on offense but in transition and role. He had low rebounding numbers because we wanted him to get back to protect R.J. and Tre who love going for rebounds. He had 7-8 REBs in HS and EYBL. 

https://theathletic.com/822553/2019/02/25/nba-draft-college-coaches-poll-what-do-coaches-think-of-dukes-core-players-other-than-zion-williamson/

I have a hard time believing one of the, if not the, greatest coaches in NCAA history misplayed a great player this badly. At the end of the day, he took a lot of shots over the course of a season and did not get close to his high school efficiency. This is not unusual. Going from high school to the ACC is almost as big a jump as going from the ACC to the NBA.

You think Reddish is at least a very good starter. I think there is a real chance he ends up being a light rebounding inefficient player. A reach in other words. I do watch college ball but I am not a scout. We shall see who Schlenk takes; and I am behind the Hawks 100%.

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I have no clue why Hawk fans continue to be in love with Kevin Love

I’m honestly not . I just have a good feeling that if Love can stay healthy maybe Trae and the rest of this crew can get him back to that or close to his Minnesota status if he actually plays.

plus one bad contract for a player who fits and has been an all star before and still in his prime age time span to get the 5th and 8th picks is gold

• Premium Member
Just now, JTB said:

I’m honestly not . I just have a good feeling that if Love can stay healthy maybe Trae and the rest of this crew can get him back to that or close to his Minnesota status if he actually plays.

plus one bad contract for a player who fits and has been an all star before and still in his prime age time span to get the 5th and 8th picks is gold

Minnesota won like 30 game a season while he was there right?  Why would you want that?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Did it help Cleveland?  If not, how would it help us?

Cleveland don’t have an elite passer like Trae or a Amare Stoudamire like stud in John Collins like we do.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I have no clue why Hawk fans continue to be in love with Kevin Love

It's that one game when he had like 30/20 against us for the Twolves ... and still lost.  Or maybe it's the fact that he's a horrible defender.  Could it be because, in his prime, he never led a team anywhere meaningful?  Now that he's well past his prime but being paid like a top3 player in the league, now he'll put it all together?  Or perhaps it's because he's a mental wreck at times (that's the truth, not even trying to be funny).

Oh but he does have like 2 good outlet passes per game so there's that.

It's maddening.