• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You win

Why else would we be taking about trades either down or up if the value was flat after the first few picks?  It makes no sense.  There is always variance in value.  The key issues are correctly identifying that value and pricing the cost or benefit of moving up or down.  

I’m not sold on trading up but I’m saying I fully support it if Schlenk sees someone on a different level.  And I guarantee that if he does he won’t share that valuation versus the other available players publicly until after the draft (if ever).

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I have no updates as my guy is busy af as he put it but i been talking to my other insiders. Seems like we bow out of moving up to 4 and 5. Price too high. Hawks want to move up without giving up 17

Or future picks

So what are we offering? 8 and/or 10 and 2nds??? Taking bad salary?

This draft is my dream. 

Hawks picks starting at 10:15,  11:40, and 17:40. - These three have a tremendous amount of two-way potential.  Also, have high bust potential. We'll except 10:15.

With this draft I'd take a flier on Jontay Porter at Center at some point in the second.

• Like 2

I just want Cam Reddish at this point. Get him, and I am happy. Everything else is just icing on the cake. 

Hunter, I'll be cool with. 

Culver, I'll be pissed. 

Little, I'll be cool with. 

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Kevin Porter? How many guards do we need on this team?

I think KPJ has the uncoachable label. LP ain't gonna want that. 

For me #8 Cam

#10 Sekou/Clarke/Little

#17 Center

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I just want Cam Reddish at this point. Get him, and I am happy. Everything else is just icing on the cake. 

Hunter, I'll be cool with. 

Culver, I'll be pissed. 

Little, I'll be cool with. 

I think KPJ has the uncoachable label. LP ain't gonna want that. 

For me #8 Cam

#10 Sekou/Clarke/Little

#17 Center

You can't take guys seriously if they don't know we already have a starting shooting guard with 3 other shooting guards on the roster

Kevin Porter? How many guards do we need on this team?

Kevin is a wing when you consider he's 6'5.5" with a 6'9" wingspan can play 1, 2, or 3 with some development.   

@NBASupes is that he's uncoachable sourced or just your thoughts?  From what I've read, after the 1 game suspension, he was a model citizen at USC. He's also like top 5 youngest potential draftee too.  If Travis selects him, it means they are cool with his personality.  I kow we don't want to mess up the locker room right now.

You can't take guys seriously if they don't know we already have a starting shooting guard with 3 other shooting guards on the roster

Of those three, only Bembry has a chance of being on the team after the 19-20 season. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Kevin is a wing when you consider he's 6'5.5" with a 6'9" wingspan can play 1, 2, or 3 with some development.   

@NBASupes is that he's uncoachable sourced or just your thoughts?  From what I've read, after the 1 game suspension, he was a model citizen at USC. He's also like top 5 youngest potential draftee too.  If Travis selects him, it means they are cool with his personality.  I kow we don't want to mess up the locker room right now.

OK you just drafted 2 small forward so how many of those do you need?

Just now, Peoriabird said:

So wouldn't value be in the higher rated Center?

Yeah, sure.  These are all hypotheticals. I also said we should draft a center in the 2nd round.  If Dedmon resigns our drafted Center won't be getting many minutes, with Dedmon and Alex on the roster.  You take a developmental Center in the 2nd with some upside.  Hence my Jontay Porter, reference in my original post.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Yeah, sure.  These are all hypotheticals. I also said we should draft a center in the 2nd round.  If Dedmon resigns our drafted Center won't be getting many minutes, with Dedmon and Alex on the roster.  You take a developmental Center in the 2nd with some upside.  Hence my Jontay Porter, reference in my original post.

You can't count on Jontay...He is a luxury because of an injury risk.. Whereas Goga is better than all of our centers

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

8 - Cam

10 - Sekou or Clarke

Move up from #17 (three 2nd rounders) to #13

#13 Hayes

If Hayes goes #9, stay at 17. 

This would be unreal in terms of long term potential. 

I like this one too!  Just not too big on Clarke, but if his defense translates and we can get him to like 35% three point shooter I'm all in!

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I like this one too!  Just not too big on Clarke, but if his defense translates and we can get him to like 35% three point shooter I'm all in!

I think Clarke can become a good corner shooter.