• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

KSupes, this is an emergency.  Say it ain't so ....

This smells fake as heyul, honestly.

I haven't gotten any new info from my guy. The others would be just a tad better than this guy as they hoarding the good stuff and telling me the leftovers. I texted him yesterday and he hasn't wrote back yet 

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

If you want my truth, here it is. Hawks got one job to do. Get Cam Reddish. If they want to trade 10/17/35 and take on contracts for Culver or Hunter, IDGAF. Just when #8 is here and I see Cam with the Hawks and with them in preseason. I will then look at this as, okay, we just like this player a ton and didn't want to miss on him. I am fine with that but don't f*** this up. Last year, we were lucky. Traded a generational player luckily for another. This year, you got one job. Land Cam. After that, do what you like.

Cam fits like a glove no doubt. Like I said, I’d be happy with either. But when I study Culver on tape, I see a player that adjust to a team and does ANYTHING that team might need to get the W. Obviously nothing concrete here, just an eye test from watching prospects the last 35 years. Culver has a 96/100 rating for a prospect to me and Cam has a 93/100. 

Same as a couple months ago for me still:

CCCK (Culver Cam Clarke Kabengele)

Gimme 2 of those guys and I’m happy 😊 

Also, not terribly mad if we get Hunter as he would boost our D like crazy while still having the ability to spread the floor on offense much like Cam would.

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Cam fits like a glove no doubt. Like I said, I’d be happy with either. But when I study Culver on tape, I see a player that adjust to a team and does ANYTHING that team might need to get the W. Obviously nothing concrete here, just an eye test from watching prospects the last 35 years. Culver has a 96/100 rating for a prospect to me and Cam has a 93/100. 

I'll rather Hunter over Culver. We need forwards. We only have one on the roster. That's Collins. We have no SFs at all.

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I haven't gotten any new info from my guy. The others would be just a tad better than this guy as they hoarding the good stuff and telling me the leftovers. I texted him yesterday and he hasn't wrote back yet 

It's not on Hoopshype which means it wouldn't be in the "real" stages yet.  Can't get too wound up until it's on hoopshype.com/rumors

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Tell him it's for kg.  He'll respond then. 😎

Doesn't KLove have like 4 years at $30M per year left on his deal???  That doesn't fit the "cap relief" concept in my mind.  He would be the Hawks max contract guy and then I would question whether his fit is there with the rest of the young Hawks age-wise?  

2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Doesn't KLove have like 4 years at $30M per year left on his deal???  That doesn't fit the "cap relief" concept in my mind.  He would be the Hawks max contract guy and then I would question whether his fit is there with the rest of the young Hawks age-wise?  

Man, KL contract sucks

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

A few years ago I would have killed to have Love here. Now...not sure. I'd be a huge stan of his, no question, as a Hawk but his health is a HUUUUUGE question mark. If we play him that means JC is going to have to play center and between those two our interior defense would be a mess. Love isn't as bad a defender as ppl think he is but he and Collins together?

Oh baby no. Our godfather @Gray Mule would be posting every day about the lack of defense by the Hawks. Games would be 123-120 almost every night.

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

A few years ago I would have killed to have Love here. Now...not sure. I'd be a huge stan of his, no question, as a Hawk but his health is a HUUUUUGE question mark. If we play him that means JC is going to have to play center and between those two our interior defense would be a mess. Love isn't as bad a defender as ppl think he is but he and Collins together?

Oh baby no. Our godfather @Gray Mule would be posting every day about the lack of defense by the Hawks. Games would be 123-120 almost every night.

I wouldn’t want KLove if he only had one year left on his contract. It’s the vibe he has around a team that gives the team a “softness” about them. I think he was a really good player on the Wolves 🐺 then he lost all the weight and his game didn’t benefit in my view but rather tailored itself for Lebron’s game in Cleveland.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I wouldn’t want KLove if he only had one year left on his contract. It’s the vibe he has around a team that gives the team a “softness” about them. I think he was a really good player on the Wolves 🐺 then he lost all the weight and his game didn’t benefit in my view but rather tailored itself for Lebron’s game in Cleveland.

They wouldn't let him get in the low post and really killed him by taking the ball so much out of his hands. He was a legit top five player in the NBA as a TWolf and got essentially neutered in Cleveland. He'd have more of a role on our team but I dunno...getting a KLove at his age and injury history in 2019? Eh. I'll support him because he's a good dude and he plays his ass off but we'd have to get Minnesota era KLove to make this worth it.

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

They wouldn't let him get in the low post and really killed him by taking the ball so much out of his hands. He was a legit top five player in the NBA as a TWolf and got essentially neutered in Cleveland. He'd have more of a role on our team but I dunno...getting a KLove at his age and injury history in 2019? Eh. I'll support him because he's a good dude and he plays his ass off but we'd have to get Minnesota era KLove to make this worth it.

I blame his chef 👩‍🍳! Didn’t that guy make him go vegan 🌱? It’s like tofu tuesday’s at  @kg01‘s!