• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will we resign Carter?

bobrathbun4pres

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Great video!

Gilbert podcast is the best man. He gives alot of insight alot of fans like us would never know. And the fact he's coming from the point of view from a 2nd round pick that wasn't supposed to be anything, and grinded into a superstar vs your usual "superstar since birth" type of guys makes it even better

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Cwell said:

Man I honestly don't care about none of those advanced stats you keep pulling out. You can throw some turds into a stat machine and it can mold it around and turn into any narrative you want when it comes back out. Is there some upside there? Can he improve on that? no, because he's 43. No reason putting up per 36 stats because he can't play 36 minutes a night......because he's 43. He also can't play back to back games........BECAUSE HE'S 43! He hasn't shot higher than 42% from the field since 2013. That's fine for a young player because they can grow, Vince can't. Unless he's trying to ride coattails for a ring, he's needs to hang it up.

Long story short, he has no business wearing an Atlanta Hawks jersey next season.

We have a bunch of guys who have no future with us.   Who cares if they are 32 or 43?  If Schlenk or Lloyd don't want him then I'm all good with that.  If they do, I'm also good with that.

The idea that numbers are meaningless is silly in this day and age.  (It is also silly to assume they capture everything but there is a reason front offices have gotten more and more into these numbers).

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

It is time for the core to learn to play off each other through reps.  Vince was great just like Lin but Trae flourished after Lin left!

Facts. Guys need the game experience. Jeff Teague was not about to outplay Kirk Hinrich in practice, we saw what happened when he got a real chance though

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

It is time for the core to learn to play off each other through reps.  Vince was great just like Lin but Trae flourished after Lin left!

If you are saying he didn't flourish until after Lin left I'll disagree with that.  He took off starting in January and kept getting stronger.  He had a stretch right before Lin left (while Lin was still playing for us) where he averaged 27, 8.3 and 3.5.  Lin wasn't holding him back.  Trae already got going strong before he left and then kept it up.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

If you are saying he didn't flourish until after Lin left I'll disagree with that.  He took off starting in January and kept getting stronger.  He had a stretch right before Lin left (while Lin was still playing for us) where he averaged 27, 8.3 and 3.5.  Lin wasn't holding him back.  Trae already got going strong before he left and then kept it up.

Lord have mercy...I am just simply rebutting the argument that Lin or Vince needed to be on the team in order for a young player flourish.  Clearly Young didn't regress after Lin left...In fact his numbers got better.  Therefore that theory was at least debunked by Trae last year.

12 minutes ago, AHF said:

We have a bunch of guys who have no future with us.   Who cares if they are 32 or 43?  If Schlenk or Lloyd don't want him then I'm all good with that.  If they do, I'm also good with that.

The idea that numbers are meaningless is silly in this day and age.  (It is also silly to assume they capture everything but there is a reason front offices have gotten more and more into these numbers).

Way to twist what I said. Where did I say stats were meaningless? I'm talking about all these advanced statistics that aren't on a stat sheet at the arena at the end of a game. Stats that didn't exist 20 years ago, that's what I mean. I say Vince hasn't shot over 42% in 5 years, which he hasn't, and you don't come back with FG%, you come back with some super computerized bs i've never heard of. That's that Nick "never played a sport in his life" Wright stuff

What are these random numbers proving? That statement about front offices makes ZERO sense considering only a hand full of teams have won championships since I was in elementary school.

Edited by Cwell

• Moderators
Just now, Peoriabird said:

Lord have mercy...I am just simply rebutting the argument that Lin or Vince needed to be on the team in order for a young player flourish.  Clearly Young didn't regress after Lin left...In fact his numbers got better.  Therefore that theory was at least debunked by Trae last year.

The question is whether Lin was important to getting Young on track.  

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

Guys who won't be here in 2020-21:

Miles Plumlee

Evan Turner

Allen Crabbe

Solomon Hill

Do you really think that any of those guys will be resigned after their contracts expire next year?????  Which is what we are talking about with Vince??? and how many freaking minutes did Plumlee play last year????

• Moderators
Just now, Cwell said:

Way to twist what I said. Where did I say stats were meaningless? I'm talking about all these advanced statistics that aren't on a stat sheet at the arena at the end of a game. Stats that didn't exist 20 years ago, that's what I mean. I say Vince hasn't shot over 42% in 5 years, which he hasn't, and you don't come back with FG%, you come back with some super computerized bs i've never heard of. That's that Nick "never played a sport in his life" Wright ish

What are these random numbers proving? That statement about front offices makes ZERO sense considering only a hand full of teams have won championships since I was in elementary school.

The advanced stats generally mean more than volume stats.  Efficiency combined with volume and defense results in high scores in advanced stats.  Taking a ton of shots to score points helps your box score numbers but not your advanced numbers because that actually doesn't help win games.  Front offices and teams are much smarter about these things today.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Do you really think that any of those guys will be resigned after their contracts expire next year?????  Which is what we are talking about with Vince??? and how many freaking minutes did Plumlee play last year????

No.  They will all be gone. They have no future with this team.  That is exactly the same situation as Vince.  The fact that he is older doesn't matter.  All will be gone after this season so Pierce and Schlenk need to decide what they want from these types of players and whether Vince fits that need.

We have a chunk of our roster filling roster spots and cap space until next year when the cap space opens up in a big way for strategic, long-term investment possibilities.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Maybe Toronto don't want Vince??  I mean we could have bought Vince out too.   

If they wanted him and he wanted to be there, they could have gotten him from us last season.  We wouldn't have stopped them reuniting.

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

No.  They will all be gone. They have no future with this team.  That is exactly the same situation as Vince.  The fact that he is older doesn't matter.  All will be gone after this season so Pierce and Schlenk need to decide what they want from these types of players and whether Vince fits that need.

We would be resigning Vince not getting him in a trade to acquire future assets like we did with Crabbe and Hill.  Also are you inferring that they will play a significant roll like Vince did last year?

• Moderators
Just now, Peoriabird said:

We would be resigning Vince not getting him in a trade to acquire future assets like we did with Crabbe and Hill.  Also are you inferring that they will play a significant roll like Vince did last year?

I don't think Vince played a significant role last season.  He was 11th on the team in MPG.  Did a fine job in that small role.