• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will we resign Carter?

bobrathbun4pres

• Premium Member

C-Viv is doing it again.

Should we take that to be him reporting that re-signing VC is a long shot, or should we take it that he's personally come to the conclusion, ie, him commenting...?

Big city newspapers publish like they're small town anymore... because they employ people who at another time wouldn't be writing for a big city paper.

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If it is projected that Hunter and Parsons as taking some PF minutes, then at least for someone, re-signing Uncle Vince won't work b/c they perceive that to impose on his role.

(I'm not the "someone" in that, of course.)

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, pimp said:

I wouldn’t project Parsons to take minutes from anyone. Too injury prone. Dude could just fart once ,and end up with a sprained ankle ,and a dislocated shoulder.

🤕

He's the new Miles Plumlee. He'll get minutes basically here and there when healthy but won't be taking any minutes from anyone.

Roster spot:  Question.  Who would you rather have  Adams or Vince Carter?  Hawks can waive Adams, opening up a spot on the roster.  Personally, I hope Atlanta can keep VC for his final season.  We really need him, considering all our very young players - - Two rookies from last season and three draft picks this summer.

:smug:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

He's the new Miles Plumlee. He'll get minutes basically here and there when healthy but won't be taking any minutes from anyone.

12th man. Abit a good one. Most 12th man around the league are your Bonga or Miles Plumlee types. 

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Roster spot:  Question.  Who would you rather have  Adams or Vince Carter?  Hawks can waive Adams, opening up a spot on the roster.  Personally, I hope Atlanta can keep VC for his final season.  We really need him, considering all our very young players - - Two rookies from last season and three draft picks this summer.

:smug:

VC

• Like 3

• Premium Member
21 hours ago, sturt said:

If it is projected that Hunter and Parsons as taking some PF minutes, then at least for someone, re-signing Uncle Vince won't work b/c they perceive that to impose on his role.

(I'm not the "someone" in that, of course.)

Parker is the back up power forward and will get at least 20-25 minutes per game. Hunter might not see any minutes at the 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

12th man. Abit a good one. Most 12th man around the league are your Bonga or Miles Plumlee types. 

Hmmm.. I don't know if a "good one" is necessarily accurate. Few NBA players have been worse than Parsons during the last three seasons. I guess if he is 100% healthy he could be a good one. Plumlee was actually a good one last year the few moments we asked him to suit up and play. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Hmmm.. I don't know if a "good one" is necessarily accurate. Few NBA players have been worse than Parsons during the last three seasons. I guess if he is 100% healthy he could be a good one. Plumlee was actually a good one last year the few moments we asked him to suit up and play. 

Agree.  Parsons of the last 3 years is unmitigated trash.  He would need to get healthier and rebound to contribute.  I'd leave that open as a possibility.

Think Parker will indeed work out for us with the "remaining in the league" nice paycheck incentive but still do not see him getting much more than eighteen minutes per whether we go racetrack with JC at center for a few minutes or not. Two birds with one stone by keeping Parker healthy and keeping JC on the floor as much as reasonably possible. Parker plays one position for us. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

The latest with Vince Carter’s free agency and the Hawks’ waiting game.

Not even one second passed before John Collins exclaimed, “Hell yes!” when he was asked if he hoped the Hawks would re-sign Vince Carter in free agency. Two sources with the Hawks said Thursday that the team would welcome Carter back if that’s what he chooses to do, but both sources were unsure where Carter stood on a possible return with the Hawks and if he’ll find the perfect situation for him this offseason.

The Hawks currently have two open roster spots, and one of them is reserved for Carter if he wants it. 

Head coach Lloyd Pierce has been vocal — and public — about wanting the team to re-sign Carter but not mainly from a pure leadership standpoint.

“I just want the opportunity and whatever rookie is there, I just want to help them flourish and become whatever it is they want to become,” Carter said.

• Like 3

Nothing against any vet presence but really....what is going on for Jeremy Lin right now. Definitely something I am not seeing. Bottom dollar for a guy that can help at pg....or is the question that he helps too much. Oops, getting all Sturt on this one I guess. Still for us anyway thinking a positive influence at a needed position is a good thing.   

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

Nothing against any vet presence but really....what is going on for Jeremy Lin right now. Definitely something I am not seeing. Bottom dollar for a guy that can help at pg....or is the question that he helps too much. Oops, getting all Sturt on this one I guess. Still for us anyway thinking a positive influence at a needed position is a good thing.   

So you are in favor of trying to sign Lin? Just curious I don’t care either way. Actually I lied 🤥 I very much care lol but as the Yorkers say..it is what it is.

• Like 1

A vet "true point guard" backing up Trae was always my preference before the Baze trade along with a youngster. Still is really and Lin would have been an option. Pretty sure its water under the bridge now.

• Like 1

:air_kiss:

Holding my fingers crossed, waiting and hoping we re sign VC.  If we needed him last season, we have twice the reason this season with three more rookies on the roster.  A playing coach, on the floor at practice and sometimes in the game, with the players while on the road.  One of them and not one of the coaches.  A mature fellow player and a good example on how to be a professional man away from the game.  Please.  Resign VC.  And, he can still play and contribute!

:yahoo:

• Like 3