• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teams that I believe will be the "Future" of the nba

sillent

I believe our Atlanta Hawks, the Denver Nuggets & the New Orleans Pelicans will be the new top tier of the league in a few years (as soon as 3). The Kings & Celtics as well as Pacers will be close behind & the Grizzlies, Magics & Bulls will be on the next tier after (2nd tier). 

It's going to be interesting to see a new age nba where these teams are the team to beat (barring Celtics) & don't get me wrong I don't see the 76ers & Brooklyn falling off from being part of the top tier conversation but for those most would least expect I believe the teams in the above paragraph will be the biggest changes & challengers in the league sooner than later.

The narrative will soon shortly transfer from the weak East to the Beast of the East very soon as the stars of now begin to past their prime & stars of the future begin to enter theirs. The East although seemingly weak now (definitely not top heavy) have more teams equipped for the future. The West may have more stars in the present but the majority of them only have so many yrs left in their prime. 

I don't recall the name of the group that song "Welcome to the New Age" but I believe in a couple yrs that tune will be ringing in the majority of our heads.

Edited by sillent
  • Like 4

Just don't forget those teams that are such a desirable destination for some star players and they always have the $$$ available for those that wish to go there and play.  Free agents have a way of looking there and sometimes a great trade is offered for some wanted star.

I agree about these future teams IF they do not lose their players!

:smug:

• Like 1

• Moderators
Just now, Peoriabird said:

I'm not as bullish on the Celtics and Magic

The C's strike me as a team on the edge.  They could step up into the top tier if they make some key moves but things haven't gone real well for them lately and I don't like the odds of them every being anything more than an also-ran.

The Magic wouldn't be in this conversation for me.  I don't see a single player on their roster that looks like they will be among the very best at their position.  Very unexcited by that roster even though they should at least become playoff worthy in the near term.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

I don't believe the Zion hype and even he does become the All-Star that every believes he'll become, I don't believe he'll make them into a world beater.  NOP just had the best player in basketball in Anthony Davis for seven years and only made the playoffs twice.

The new Dwight Howard of the NBA.

:blind:

• Haha 1

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Zion or AD?  I would agree for either.

Don't see it with either of those guys.  Howard's biggest problems were attitude (including the inability to mesh with teammates) and struggling to affect the game positively outside of the paint (needed to be under the basket on offense and struggled to defend outside of the post).  I don't see either of those as problems for those two as of today.

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, AHF said:

Don't see it with either of those guys.  Howard's biggest problems were attitude (including the inability to mesh with teammates) and struggling to affect the game positively outside of the paint (needed to be under the basket on offense and struggled to defend outside of the post).  I don't see either of those as problems for those two as of today.

There is more similarities to their situations.  Dwight came into the league with the same athleticism and exuberance as Zion and also left the Magic for the Lakers just like AD left NO for the Lakers.  Yes, neither have the attitude issues as of yet, but AD did waffle a lot with his trade demands.  I see immaturity with all three of them TBH.

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

There is more similarities to their situations.  Dwight came into the league with the same athleticism and exuberance as Zion and also left the Magic for the Lakers just like AD left NO for the Lakers.  Yes, neither have the attitude issues as of yet, but AD did waffle a lot with his trade demands.  I see immaturity with all three of them TBH.

I think it is a stretch but I see where you are going with it.  

• Like 1

Not too convinced about Zion's dedication to a fitness regimen/diet but just the same want to see at least half a season of him on the court first and then do some serious judging. Should give him a bunch of time to round into game shape and show what he can or will be delivering for his guys both physically and mentally.