• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pierce wants 70 threes per game! (NO...THIS IS NOT A JOKE)

JTB

Did anyone see this?! I don’t recall it getting posted on the squawk but big deal as LP ain’t joking!

Take a look:

https://clutchpoints.com/hawks-news-atlanta-should-shoot-70-3-pointers-vs-sixers-according-to-lloyd-pierce/

My first thought was...ok he’s just talking not really serious but I’m reading and this mofo really believes we should be throwing up a ton of 3s....I mean if they are good shots fine (meaning there open shots)...but to just toss up that many just cause I disagree with that philosophy! Completely blasphemous! But it’s the new nba era what can I say!

If we are going to have a coach encourage this type of play and give the “ultimate green light” to the whole team however and Schlenk is behind it ....then we may need to revisit the talks with Drummond and consider the extension he wants ...shit maybe Drummond can justify 30 mil if we are launching all these damn 3s!...

LP says he’s not joking so you can bet your ass we are going to need a very good rebounder! Drummond will probably avg 20 rebs in such an offense that is launching them away like that! No exaggeration.

i don’t think Drummond is worth 30 mil but if we are going to play like the rockets (yuck!) 😒😒😒...then I actually think he may be worth something close to that price per year. I love and hate this analytical thinking in this era.

• Sad 1

• Premium Member

It was a joke, discussed in News and Notes thread.(Edited).

He was speaking specifically against playing the Sixers and their size vs our size missing our big guys.

Read the article, view the videos.

Context- he was discussing how many wide open 3s we missed the previous game vs Toronto.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Seasonal affective disorder. What else could it be? Oh yeah, a joke....

Recurrent winter depression characterized by oversleeping, overeating, irritability, or saying stupid shit and relieved by the arrival of spring or by light therapy.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You should edit your thread title.

I would but then Supes said this .....

14 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He honestly does. So does Travis. 

so which is it ? Joke or no joke ?

7 hours ago, Thomas said:

We took 33 threes tonight and we missed 23 of them. Ever so slightly less than what we average for the season. So it is just a dream of his at this point.

I don’t know for sure if he was joking to be honest with you. I want him to be but I believe he’s serious.

Just not really sure what to believe on this one .

17 hours ago, JTB said:

I don’t know for sure if he was joking to be honest with you. I want him to be but I believe he’s serious.

Just not really sure what to believe on this one .

Do understand that, but was trying more to show that even with some improvement lately we still stink from three point land. 32% for the year and we shot a bit worse last night. The more we shoot the three with such percentages the more difficult for us to take any game with that strategy this year. Makes his comment alluding we will shoot more than 47 threes per game moving forward even more bizarre. 

Sounds like a bad plan, let the worse three point shooting team in the league jack threes all night. He probably thinks the long rebounds on misses will help our offensive rebounding stats.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JTB said:

I would but then Supes said this .....

so which is it ? Joke or no joke ?

The Hawks are averaging 35.5 -  3 pt attempts per game for the season. 

Houston is averaging 43.3 attempts per games.

Is there any team even averaging 50 attempts per game?

NBA teams average approximately 80-90 shot attempts per game on 2s and 3s combined.

So,  does 70 of those shots from 3 sound right to you?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1