• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone concerned that Trae may get too big for his britches?

Wurider05

Not trying to be pessimistic but I am kind of getting some bad vibes about Trae. He seems like a nice kid and I like him but I can see some signs that he might be one of those guys that may come to think that he is bigger than the organization. He seems to love the limelight and I know that we haven't a real superstar in forever but part of me is saying that he is getting too much too fast.  While he definitely has some areas where he can improve as a player but I am talking about his personality not his play. His reported issues with Pierce is kind of telling. I hope that I am wrong but sometimes people's egos get the best of them as we have all seen in the past. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

He loves the limelight for all things basketball related....no harm in that. I'd take that any day of the week.

If he doesn't improve on the aspects of his games like defense (more so effort), turnovers, playing off ball etc and we aren't winning in the near future - that'll he my issue with him.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Wurider05 said:

Not trying to be pessimistic but I am kind of getting some bad vibes about Trae. He seems like a nice kid and I like him but I can see some signs that he might be one of those guys that may come to think that he is bigger than the organization. He seems to love the limelight and I know that we haven't a real superstar in forever but part of me is saying that he is getting too much too fast.  While he definitely has some areas where he can improve as a player but I am talking about his personality not his play. His reported issues with Pierce is kind of telling. I hope that I am wrong but sometimes people's egos get the best of them as we have all seen in the past. 

One thing is for sure . . . Pierce isn't going to win the battle, if it comes down to a choice between Trae and CLP.  The organization is going to take Trae 100% of the time, regardless of what his personality is.

Look at it this way, it may have been Trae's subtle push back against a few things, mainly his desire to win now, that prompted the GM to upgrade the team sooner than later.

• Like 4