• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coorch'n

hazer

Personally I love El-P. BUT, like some, I have a few gripes (eggspeerance, gravitas, sub patterns, etc). In general think he's doing a good but not great job thus far. If El--P coorches us to 8th seed this year, all good. Here's my point: who's in for Atkinson as head assistant and VC as primary assistant too. I realize VC has his sights on the booth, but me feelz that's too far removed from the action for VC. El-P, Atkinson, VC, and Jent. When does Korva retire?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, hazer said:

Personally I love El-P. BUT, like some, I have a few gripes (eggspeerance, gravitas, sub patterns, etc). In general think he's doing a good but not great job thus far. If El--P coorches us to 8th seed this year, all good. Here's my point: who's in for Atkinson as head assistant and VC as primary assistant too. I realize VC has his sights on the booth, but me feelz that's too far removed from the action for VC. El-P, Atkinson, VC, and Jent. When does Korva retire?

This kind of mentality is why Atlanta sports teams have a combine 1 championship.  The City and its fans are willing to accept mediocrity.  When will we demand our Pop, Pat Riley, Phil Jackson or Heck I'll take Nick nurse.  I applaud the Raptors for firing their coach of the year because they felt that they could do better!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hazer said:

Would be interesting to get Atkinson back in the mix. See how it plays out during next season for LP and at least have that other option already on hand.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

This kind of mentality is why Atlanta sports teams have a combine 1 championship.  The City and its fans are willing to accept mediocrity.  When will we demand our Pop, Pat Riley, Phil Jackson or Heck I'll take Nick nurse.  I applaud the Raptors for firing their coach of the year because they felt that they could do better!

The fans have nothing to do with winning. Horrible cop out to blame the fans. Tampa Bay has some of the most fair weather fans you can imagine; but they have a Super Bowl win.

It starts with ownership and trickles down.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
54 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

The fans have nothing to do with winning. Horrible cop out to blame the fans. Tampa Bay has some of the most fair weather fans you can imagine; but they have a Super Bowl win.

It starts with ownership and trickles down.

You must not have witness Philly fans booing their teams

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

The Net's were 24-58 in Kenny's second season.  Well out of the playoffs.

I think I agree with you concluding that he isn't that elite coach that we should be looking for but I still think he is better than LP.  LP had more to work with.

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

I think I agree with you concluding that he isn't that elite coach that we should be looking for but I still think he is better than LP.  LP had more to work with.

Well let's go by something that's not subjective.

LP's winning percentage in his first two seasons  -32.9%

Kenny's  winning percentage over his first two seasons .- 27.2%

Let's not sit hear and say one is better when the results say otherwise. Saying someone had more to work with is subjective. 

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Well let's go by something that's not subjective.

LP's winning percentage in his first two seasons  -32.9%

Kenny's  winning percentage over his first two seasons .- 27.2%

Let's not sit hear and say one is better when the results say otherwise. Saying someone had more to work with is subjective. 

So if you just go based on record, LP is probably the worst head coach in the league then.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Steve Kerr's record this season 15- 50

LP's record this season - 20 -47

You used LP's 2 year coach history to compare With Atkinson but now you one to which to just this year when it comes to Kerr.  Which is it?

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Translation: Kerr won less games than Pierce.

Not during his entire coaching career

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

You used LP 2 year coach history to compare With Atkinson but now you one to which to just this year when it comes to Kerr.  Which is it?

Who moved the goal posts?  You said based on record LP must be the worst coach in the league.  This season that is Steve Kerr. Not sure if you're talking about over two seasons.  That still doesn't work because Atkinson still had a worst record over first two seasons.  

What point are you making? 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2