• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coorch'n

hazer

• Moderators

Measuring a coach without factoring in roster is a terrible way to evaluate.

”I’m giving you LEGO’s to build a bridge out of.  And you get potato chips.  Now we’ll see who can build a bridge that stays up for longer when glasses of water are poured on it and declare the winner the best architect.”

That is the equivalent of looking at coaches without taking into account roster and team goals (trying to win or trying to tank, etc.). Worthless waste of words.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, AHF said:

Measuring a coach without factoring in roster is a terrible way to evaluate.

”I’m giving you LEGO’s to build a bridge out of.  And you get potato chips.  Now we’ll see who can build a bridge that stays up for longer when glasses of water are poured on it and declare the winner the best architect.”

That is the equivalent of looking at coaches without taking into account roster and team goals (trying to win or trying to tank, etc.). Worthless waste of words.

Agreed!

17 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Agreed!

You do know that you are now agreeing with all of us who are saying that you can't really judge LP's first two seasons because he hasn't had a roster put together to win. Once he has more talent, that's when we can get a better idea of what kind of coach he is. Hopefully, that's next season.

I'm pretty sure that's what @AHF is referring.

EDIT: Also, before you chime in and say well you said use records. I said to use records because Kenny and LP both did not have rosters to win in their first two seasons. Debating who had the worst roster is a moot point when neither were meant to win.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

What I'd really love to see is Schlenk get bold and toss aside Pierce and install Atkinson. Let Pierce build the rest of his resume' somewhere else, and capitalize on a more broadly regarded young head coach. That's playing my hunch for what would be best for the team going forward.

But that's a different question than what do I think Schlenk thinks... based on what he's said... and thus, what I should expect he'll do.

Hmm. Sounds like I've had this conversation before somewheres.

8 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

You must not have witness Philly fans booing their teams

What does that have to do with the price of eggs in China?

Fair weather fans in Tampa and Atlanta. Tampa has a Super Bowl win, Atlanta doesn't.

Rabid fans in Philly and New York ( Knicks ), one is on the upswing, one is not.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

What does that have to do with the price of eggs in China?

Fair weather fans in Tampa and Atlanta. Tampa has a Super Bowl win, Atlanta doesn't.

Rabid fans in Philly and New York ( Knicks ), one is on the upswing, one is not.

Fans are the customers...they dictate what kind of product they will pay for.

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Fans are the customers...they dictate what kind of product they will pay for.

If you have a monopoly it takes most of the decision making out of the customers hands. That is one of the reasons its illegal for most businesses. Maybe you did not notice, but before Trae Young, a 3rd of the fans were there to see the other team.

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

Per some Nets fans:

Atkinson is better assistant than head coach.

Failed to earn the trust of the vets. (Meaning KDvand Kyrie wanted him.gone)

Great at developing players

Offensive sets hurt the team, not great at X and Os, rely on individual players to win games, not enough running plays.

Like @hazerpropsed, let him join the staff. Or he can take the Knicks jobs. 

• Thanks 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

If you have a monopoly it takes most of the decision making out of the customers hands. That is one of the reasons its illegal for most businesses. Maybe you did not notice, but before Trae Young, a 3rd of the fans were there to see the other team.

But you made my point that Hawk fans were staying away when the Hawks were losing

4 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

But you made my point that Hawk fans were staying away when the Hawks were losing

You are making a all inclusive statement about how fans impact the direction a sports team takes. In no uncertain terms is how I am reading this, you are saying the fans control who is hired, fired, drafted, and signed. Yet offer no proof concerning 30 teams in the NBA, 30 in MLB, and 32 in the NFL, other that saying yes its so. The undeniable truth is fans want their teams to be contenders but we have no control over it.

Let's not digress into personal shots like that.  - AHF

22 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

You are making a all inclusive statement about how fans impact the direction a sports team takes. In no uncertain terms is how I am reading this, you are saying the fans control who is hired, fired, drafted, and signed. Yet offer no proof concerning 30 teams in the NBA, 30 in MLB, and 32 in the NFL, other that saying yes its so. The undeniable truth is fans want their teams to be contenders but we have no control over it.

Are you sure you have a quality education? I am asking this question in all sincerity because this is as ridiculous a stance I have ever seen on this board. That is saying a lot.

It's not his intelligence that's in question.  It's his agenda.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Failed to earn the trust of the vets. (Meaning KDvand Kyrie wanted him.gone)

Great at developing players

Couple things here. 🧁 is a 🐍 and comes in with the mentality of “who is you?” I would never take Durant’s opinion of a coach, specially because I know Atkinson developed the players better than anyone we’ve had here in a long time and that includes Quin Snyder for me. And Kyrie... 🤔 the Celtics thing didn’t work out and that was after forcing his way out of Cleveland.

Cupcake and Kyme (kg’s nickname L for him I’m borrowing it) have big egos and big heads and will never win a championship in Brooklyn together. That is one chemistry that’s doomed. I’m not saying it’s not lethal on paper if they were robots 🤖. They’d be perfect. But they are gonna clash like hell at the end of games just watch. Dang I got myself so worked up I might head over to realgm and say hi 👋 to the Net fans 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Per some Nets fans:.......................................

So, I take it that now merely being able to find two or more (ie, "some") fans of a given team counts as expertise, and thus authoritative support for the position/agenda one wants to put forward.

And mind you, I agree with the position/agenda in this case.

That's not the point.

Rather, if that's all it takes for someone to be persuaded that their position/agenda is superior, the point is just to say...

"Yikes."