• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coorch'n

hazer

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Who moved the goal posts?  You said based on record LP must be the worst coach in the league. 

Based on LD's entire coaching record and winning percentage he is the worst.  Is there another coach out there with a worse winning percentage than Pierce?

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Who moved the goal posts? 

This is a reoccurring issue with a few posts. It’s the reason I can’t debate because the variables change. It’s hard to play by people’s rules when they keep changing them to win an argument. 

• Thanks 3

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Based on LD's entire coaching record and winning percentage he is the worst.  Is there another coach out there with a worse winning percentage than Pierce?

So you admit you moved the goal posts...lol.  

The intial argument was that Kenny was a better coach than LP.  Based off their first two years in the league which is the same sample size, LP was better. 

Kenny has a 118  - 190 overall record. 

LP has a 49-100 record.  

So yes, if you want to say Kenny is a better coach with two extra season to improve his record, we can have that debate.  However, that is not comparing apples to apples since LP isn't given the same amount of time to improve his record.  This is why I used their first two seasons.

Either way, LP didn't have the worst record in the league during his time as the Hawks head coach.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

I think it needs clarifying;

Are we talking THIS season only?

Are we discussing 1st 2 season head coaching records?

Are we discussing cumulative (including this season)?

Should we take into account wether a team was tanking or not?

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

This is a reoccurring issue with a few posts. It’s the reason I can’t debate because the variables change. It’s hard to play by people’s rules when they keep changing them to win an argument. 

I'm sorry I wasn't clear but let be sort this out.

1.  I said that Akinson was a better coach because he made the playoffs with no lottery picks in his 3rd year

2. @marco102 said lets be objective in use records period

3. I then said that if you used just records, LP is probably the worst coach in the league

4. Marco then proceed to use a small sample size to counter

5.  I said that I was looking at career winning percentage

6. Then he claimed I move the goal post.

I hope this is clear.

7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

1.  I said that Akinson was a better coach because he made the playoffs with no lottery picks in his 3rd year

2. @marco102 said lets be objective in use records period

3. I then said that if you used just records, LP is probably the worst coach in the league

4. Marco then proceed to use a small sample size to counter

5.  I said that I was looking at career winning percentage

6. Then he claimed I move the goal post.

I hope this is clear.

Go back and look at my first post i quoted you because you went back and edited it after you realized you were wrong.  You clearly said make the playoffs.  After I said he did not make the playoffs his first two seasons you went back and added in the 3rd season without lottery picks.  

Okay, well you are already handy capping LP if he makes the playoffs because you're going to say he had lottery picks.  ALSO, how are you going to say third season when LP hasn't even had a third season yet.

My intial question was what did Kenny do in his first two season that LP hasn't. Your INITIAL response was make the playoffs.  So just say you were wrong and keep it moving.  Because the one thing I can't stand is someone who lies to try to make themselves look right.  That's exactly what you're doing and everyone who scrolls through this thread can see.

Edited by marco102

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You didn't say the bolded though in your response to Marco's original response regarding Kenny's 1st 2 seasons.

LP did win more games his 1st 2 seasons than Kenny did.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hawks 1st 2 full seasons under LP: 53 wins

Bulls - 49

Cavs - 69 wins (and that's with LBJ 50 wins)

Suns - 40 wins

Grizzlies - 55 wins

Dallas - 57 wins

We are talking about the coach's entire record not particular years right?

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think it needs clarifying;

Are we talking THIS season only?

Are we discussing 1st 2 season head coaching records?

Are we discussing cumulative (including this season)?

Should we take into account wether a team was tanking or not?

12 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

We are talking about the coach's entire record not particular years right?

I did ask how you wanted in calculated. Do you want to include this season?

With cummulative records, LP will ALWAYS be at a disadvantage because of his small sample size.

Example: In Brett Brown's 1st 3 seasons with Sixers he won 47 games (LP won more in 2 seasons), the last 3 seasons 131 wins. 

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I said I somewhat agree with you that there i nothing special about Akinson but still feel he is better than Pierce because of His circumstance during his 1st year.

What circumstances? That he wasn't going to have a lottery pick?

His 1st year roster:

Screenshot_20200426-122454_Samsung Internet.jpg

LPs roster:

Screenshot_20200426-122536_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, marco102 said:

So you admit you moved the goal posts...lol.  

The intial argument was that Kenny was a better coach than LP.  Based off their first two years in the league which is the same sample size, LP was better. 

Kenny has a 118  - 190 overall record. 

LP has a 49-100 record.  

So yes, if you want to say Kenny is a better coach with two extra season to improve his record, we can have that debate.  However, that is not comparing apples to apples since LP isn't given the same amount of time to improve his record.  This is why I used their first two seasons.

Either way, LP didn't have the worst record in the league during his time as the Hawks head coach.

I just said if you go based on a coach's record, he is the worst.  I just everyone knew I meant his coaching record not just A specific year.