• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Consensus #5 pick

Spud2nique

Consensus #5 pick  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Hawks get the 5th pick, who ya got?

• Obi Toppin
    • Killian Hayes
    • Tyrese Haliburton
    • Deni Avdija
    • Isaac Okoro
    • Cole Anthony
    • Devin Vassell
    • Aaron Nesmith
    • RJ Hampton
    • Precious Achiuwa

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/30/2020 at 07:00 PM

35 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Haliburton, and now

Killian Hayes.

Interesting that you are willing to draft these two in the top 5. I like both prospects but a bit later. You really like the guards at the top of this draft.

10 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Interesting that you are willing to draft these two in the top 5. I like both prospects but a bit later. You really like the guards at the top of this draft.

I do and I think its the same old NBA story. Everyone reaching for size and not skill. Schlenk says he likes players who can dribble, shoot, and pass. I am all in on that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I do and I think its the same old NBA story. Everyone reaching for size and not skill. Schlenk says he likes players who can dribble, shoot, and pass. I am all in on that.

So am I but I’m not about to reach on a guy in the top 5 that plays a position where he may not sniff being a starter.

Haliburton would almost have to be a trade down scenario to me unless we picked outside the top 5.

If we get Haliburton at 8, that’s an A- to me, at 7th pick, a B+, at 6, a B, but if we select him at the 5th pick, it’s a B-/C+ grade. You have to take into account the position where you draft a prospect. Otherwise, other GM’s love you for leaving them the meat 🥩 on the tray.

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

So am I but I’m not about to reach on a guy in the top 5 that plays a position where he may not sniff being a starter.

Haliburton would almost have to be a trade down scenario to me unless we picked outside the top 5.

If we get Haliburton at 8, that’s an A- to me, at 7th pick, a B+, at 6, a B, but if we select him at the 5th pick, it’s a B-/C+ grade. You have to take into account the position where you draft a prospect. Otherwise, other GM’s love you for leaving them the meat 🥩 on the tray.

I think Haliburton is a lock to be a starter with no bust potential. I have Hayes in the Starter to 6th man category. If he gets his shot ironed out from three, he is a lock to be a starter as well.

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Wow. 😳 Ok, as Jambrad would say, noted. 

He is rock solid. He will start day one, for the team that drafts him provided they need a PG.

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Only Ball would start if the pg’s in this draft this year. 

So you think if the Knicks take Haliburton he will not start. Interesting.

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

So you think if the Knicks take Haliburton he will not start. Interesting.

Knicks possibly and the Pistons maybe. Those are the only 2 teams that would start him and if they did I’d feel badly cuz he might get eatin up thrown in there like that. 

Again as a sophomore, Haliburton was 15 and 6.5 dimes. Trae was 28 points and 9 dimes.

Buzz, you may be falling into the trap of “falling in love with the draft cuz it’s closer now” syndrome.

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Knicks possibly and the Pistons maybe. Those are the only 2 teams that would start him and if they did I’d feel badly cuz he might get eatin up thrown in there like that. 

Again as a sophomore, Haliburton was 15 and 6.5 dimes. Trae was 28 points and 9 dimes.

Buzz, you may be falling into the trap of “falling in love with the draft cuz it’s closer now” syndrome.

I like his ball handling. shooting, defense, and size.

13 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I like his ball handling. shooting, defense, and size.

I've been on Haliburton for a while but I went with Okoro.  Haliburton will be solid but he's rail thin so the size/defense you're looking for may take a while to come to fruition.  Super solid player though.

Okoro has size/defense/athleticism to contribute right away.  That made the difference for me.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Wow. 😳 Ok, as Jambrad would say, noted. 

Aye, I'm tryna not to make eye contact with supes.  His guy Toppi is fallin' like a rock.  Plus I just picked his other guy as my 5-pick. 😳

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

I'm tryna not to make eye contact with supes. 

You get lost in Mcdreamy’s eyes 👀 too? Or is it Mcsteamy? 🤔 

Oh wait what.... ya.... oh ya for his guy dropping...ya me too... 😐 

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You get lost in Mcdreamy’s eyes 👀 too? Or is it Mcsteamy? 🤔 

Oh wait what.... ya.... oh ya for his guy dropping...ya me too... 😐 

Supes is all ...

angry-eyes.gif

(I'm kidding, ksupes.  Don't yell at me.)

• Haha 3

@Buzzard All this Haliburton praise and you vote for Hayes 😐 wtf 🤔 😆 alrighty then. 

Ya I know, Haliburton is next. But our whole argument was mainly if he would go top 5 and I said he wouldn’t and now you agreed with me voting Hayes 5th. 

Oh wait you voted for him 3rd or 4th. 😂 Even worse.

ps Haliburton is a solid pick for us but after the 5th pick, beginning at 6 perhaps.