• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Montrez comments to Luka

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

We know what happened and if it had been Luka saying the same to Montrez BLM and the National media would have had him suspended and ran out of the league.  Here is what Jay William's said: 

On Saturday, Jay Williams, the former NBA guard, went on social media and condemned Harrell’s comments.

“I can only imagine if Luka Doncic had said something like that to [Harrell] and it got caught on tape,” Williams said. “I can only imagine, during Black Lives Matter, how much of a big deal it would have been, considering today’s climate. It would have been a massive story. Luka would have lost all credibility in this space. Everybody would have been commenting on it. People would have asked LeBron about it, people would have asked Kawhi … it should be a big story. It’s unacceptable, man.”

17 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

We know what happened and if it had been Luka saying the same to Montrez BLM and the National media would have had him suspended and ran out of the league.  Here is what Jay William's said: 

On Saturday, Jay Williams, the former NBA guard, went on social media and condemned Harrell’s comments.

“I can only imagine if Luka Doncic had said something like that to [Harrell] and it got caught on tape,” Williams said. “I can only imagine, during Black Lives Matter, how much of a big deal it would have been, considering today’s climate. It would have been a massive story. Luka would have lost all credibility in this space. Everybody would have been commenting on it. People would have asked LeBron about it, people would have asked Kawhi … it should be a big story. It’s unacceptable, man.”

He apologized.  Let's not act like there haven't been white players caught on camera in the NFL saying the N word and were forgiven by their locker room and didn't loose their job.  cough cough (riley cooper).

Btw, I still think Montrez was wrong AF for saying that though. 

Edited by marco102

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, marco102 said:

He apologized.  Let's not act like there haven't been white players caught on camera in the NFL saying the N word and were forgiven by their locker room and didn't loose their job.  cough cough (riley cooper).

Btw, I still think Montrez was wrong AF for saying that though. 

Most likely was in the heat of the battle when he said it and there has been no issue in the media, NBA, or BLM. with apologies being made as it should be.

The problem here is the standard has been set.  A black.player can get away with this with an apology but rest assured if Luka had been caught on tape making the comment all hell would have broke lose across the country with the media and other groups.   There is a double standard here.  

12 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Most likely was in the heat of the battle when he said it and there has been no issue in the media, NBA, or BLM. with apologies being made as it should be.

The problem here is the standard has been set.  A black.player can get away with this with an apology but rest assured if Luka had been caught on tape making the comment all hell would have broke lose across the country with the media and other groups.   There is a double standard here.  

There isn't a double standard. ESPN reported on it.  It's all over the web and twitter.

Like I said Riley Cooper said much worse and didn't lose his job, started, apologized to his teammates for using the N word which is much worse than being called a white boy.  

I've called plenty of my white friends cool ass white dudes and they have no problem with it. 

I don't see why you are trying to make this out more than it is.  If Luka would have said you sorry ass negro.  Maybe it would have been blown up a little more, but he speaks spanish and just means black.

Like why do y'all support cancel culture so much? I'm not a fan of it on either side. 

One grown man admitted his misstake face to face with another.  The other accepted it, case closed.

Now if Trez had called him a much worse racial slur, I'd be supporting you.

Everything doesn't have to be right vs left you know.  Come to the center, it's much better.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, marco102 said:

There isn't a double standard. ESPN reported on it.  It's all over the web and twitter.

Like I said Riley Cooper said much worse and didn't lose his job, started, apologized to his teammates for using the N word which is much worse than being called a white boy.  

I've called plenty of my white friends cool ass white dudes and they have no problem with it. 

I don't see why you are trying to make this out more than it is.  If Luka would have said you sorry ass negro.  Maybe it would have been blown up a little more, but he speaks spanish and just means black.

Like why do y'all support cancel culture so much? I'm not a fan of it on either side. 

One grown man admitted his misstake face to face with another.  The other accepted it, case closed.

Now if Trez had called him a much worse racial slur, I'd be supporting you.

Everything doesn't have to be right vs left you know.  Come to the center, it's much better.

What other racial slur would Montrell have to use?  

9 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

What other racial slur would Montrell have to use?  

I don't use that language.  There is a deragatory word that people can call a white person.  If you aren't aware, I'm not bringing it to your attention.

I literally gave you an example of a white player saying the n word on camera and not losing playing time, the media did cover it, but teammates forgave him and he played. 

Like white boy does not equal the n word. 

Unless you think it does.  It was trash talking during a game and he took it a little too far. 

I mean if you're looking for reasons to be upset about the left taking over the world by all means proceed, but don't act like white boy is a racial slur.

I should reitterate, I don't agree with Montrez said.  Don't condone it whatsoever.  I just would have the same reaction if Luka said you sorry ass black dude.  I'm like whatever he's just trash talking. 

Edited by marco102

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, marco102 said:

I don't use that language.  There is a deragatory word that people can call a white person.  If you aren't aware, I'm not bringing it to your attention.

I literally gave you an example of a white player saying the n word on camera and not losing playing time, the media did cover it, but teammates forgave him and he played. 

Like white boy does not equal the n word. 

Unless you think it does.  It was trash talking during a game and he took it a little too far. 

I mean if you're looking for reasons to be upset about the left taking over the world by all means proceed, but don't act like white boy is a racial slur.

I should reitterate, I don't agree with Montrez said.  Don't condone it whatsoever.  I just would have the same reaction if Luka said you sorry ass black dude.  I'm like whatever he's just trash talking. 

Im good with that Im just pointing out if Luka had made those statements all hell would have broke loose. 

• Moderators

There is no term that is an equivalent to the N word.  Whites in the US have never been in the situation that blacks endured historically.  So I think it is inherently unequal.  Calling someone a white boy is more the equivalent of calling someone a black boy (although even that is not an equivalent, IMO).  Which would not be good.  Players need to wise up and not make race part of their trash talk.  

• Like 3