• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

14 Hawks Players Receive COVID Vaccine

RedDawg#8

• Premium Member

From Koonin's Interview via The Athletic:

The team recently announced that capacity is approximately going to be around 45 percent for the playoffs. Is there any flexibility in increasing that number? 

I believe so. What I tell you today probably won’t be true tomorrow. Not that we’re making stuff up, but the CDC announcement regarding masks this past Thursday caught mostly everyone off guard. What I’ve learned is just roll with it rather than panic. We were the third team to get approved for the playoffs. We worked with the state, we got the state to approve. Arenas were not designed for social distancing. If you’re vaccinated and are sitting within 15 feet of the court, you still will be tested and masked. It’s complex. All of the rules involving player safety are negotiated with the Player’s Association. I think of it this way: Within 15 feet of the court, it’s owned by the NBA. Our job is to execute outside of that, and that’s our rules. Our guiding principles are fan safety and employee safety because we move past the perimeter.

• Thanks 1