• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

14 Hawks Players Receive COVID Vaccine

RedDawg#8

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Seeing this makes me grateful we have Emory who has been on the conservative/cautious end of the spectrum.  You know they're treating COVID very seriously and not letting our guys skirt the rules. 

• Like 1

How does a state that never closed feature a pro team that has so far been pretty good about safety. Same with the Falcons, they didn't have many issues with Covid either.

Georgia literally out here making it's own laws of physics haha

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, macdaddy said:

So the doctor's here can weigh in on it but what i read said that the side effects are really the immune system getting triggered by the vaccine and going into action with fever, headaches and what not.   The side effects of the vaccine are often worse in younger people because their immune system is stronger than us older folks so it reacts in a stronger way.   

Hit e nail on the head.  Let’s you know you are building antibodies.  And the 94% immunity rate for Moderna and 95% for Pfizer is very nice!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

This makes sense as those were my symptoms from like midnight to like 4pm the next day after my 2nd shot. It also sounds like what the nurses were describing to me. She said that if a person was previously exposed to Covid they tended to react stronger to the first vaccine because their immune system recognized it. And those who hadn't been exposed tended to react more to the 2nd dosage because their immune system was trained after the first dose.

The age thing makes sense in a lot of ways along those lines.

Got my first shot last week, was about 6 hours the day after where I had serious PTSD thinking I was reinfected but popped a couple Tylenol, napped, and woke up feeling like sunshine ready for work.  If the players have symptoms and share the same time table then the flight out West will suck but they should be fine by game time.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Lets just attribute the poor shooting today to lingering side effects and jet lag.

Hopefully by Monday the guys are back to normal.

I hope so, but the Lakers do one of the best defenses in the league... so probably not fair to attribute our poor shooting to only external factors

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That's good. It must be just staff at this point because we were already at 14/17 players or 82% vaccinated. That was before Lou, who Im guessing got his first dose this time around.

I wonder what about the 2nd dose though. Right after the Bucks game would have been ideal to give them plenty of time to recover from symptoms.

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

That's good. It must be just staff at this point because we were already at 14/17 players or 82% vaccinated. That was before Lou, who Im guessing got his first dose this time around.

I wonder what about the 2nd dose though. Right after the Bucks game would have been ideal to give them plenty of time to recover from symptoms.

1st paragraph in article 

:

Thirteen Hawks players who received the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in mid-March (those who were eligible at the time, before Georgia expanded eligibility to anyone over 16 beginning March 25) received their second dose Thursday, the AJC has learned.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...