Hawks after Lonzo?

Spud2nique

15 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Yep.  5 yrs / 158 mill

He got the 25% pop because he made the All-Star team

They're fuq'd

Just now, warcore said:

They're fuq'd

I shouldn't say that... I forgot that they have 696969696 draft picks in the next few years. Maybe they can attach some of those when they need to move that contract.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

He is asking for more than Bogie.  his salary demands started at 20 MIL PLUS

Bogi is getting 18 per. Your talking about a couple million, that's a negligible difference. Besides he's an RFA, we would have the ability to match an offer, and teams would already know we plan on matching. Im not sure what you're talking about.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

That's a lot for a player you claim can't play defense.

It's not a claim.  It's facts.   

When you watch the Pelicans play, this is evident.  Matter of fact, it's more of he and Zion's defense that is the problem with that team.  Both guys have all of that athleticism in the world, but neither average at least 1 block or 1 steal a game.  And neither guy is a ( + ) player while on the court.

You know who is though?

New Orleans Pelicans: Is Lonzo Ball a Future All-Star?

• Premium Member

Few can claim to have been more on the Lonzo bandwagon this off-season than was I. Probably no one.

But that ship has sailed, from where I sit.

There's too much money invested in BogBog, and that now becomes a factor that discounts his value on the trade market. In other words, the discount others would demand on him as a stock is too severe to seriously talk about moving him. And yet, I agree, that if you're going to make a deal for Lonzo--unless a third team and other assets are being involved--BogBog is a rational piece to be included.

What's worse is, if this was thought such a glaring need, it would have been so much more reasonable to have just drafted Haliburton, and then turned to the free agent market for someone to play behind Capela... say, like, maybe Christian Wood?!?

No. Keep BogBog. He's not the defensive asset that Lonzo is, but he's likely a stronger offensive asset, plus I'm pretty damn confident you'll never read about him letting down in the playoffs and wearing his emotions on his sleeve the way that Lonzo was perceived to have been last season.

• Like 1

Cam + Rondo for Lonzo seems the easier and more likely trade scenario. The Athletic's Pelican beat writer even asked to include Rondo instead of Snell in one of the trade scenarios discussed with Kirschner (for whatever reason). 

I'd be down for trading Cam and Rondo for Ball, especially to move on from Rondo's contract. Would probably even throw in a 1st round pick to make it happen too. It's very possible Cam develops into a better player than Ball, but realistically that is probably at least 2 years away. And that might never happen too. It's also not like Lonzo is a finished product yet either; he's still a young and improving player himself. 

Travis likes player that can dribble, pass, and shoot. I mean...stranger things have happened. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yhvgbfj7

Edited by RandomFan

23 minutes ago, sturt said:

Few can claim to have been more on the Lonzo bandwagon this off-season than was I. Probably no one.

There's too much money invested in BogBog, and that now becomes a factor that discounts his value on the trade market. In other words, the discount others would demand on him as a stock is too severe to seriously talk about moving him. And yet, I agree, that if you're going to make a deal for Lonzo--unless a third team and other assets are being involved--BogBog is a rational piece to be included.

What's worse is, if this was thought such a glaring need, it would have been so much more reasonable to have just drafted Haliburton, and then turned to the free agent market for someone to play behind Capela... say, like, maybe Christian Wood?!?

No. Keep BogBog. He's not the defensive asset that Lonzo is, but he's likely a stronger offensive asset, plus I'm pretty damn confident you'll never read about him letting down in the playoffs and wearing his emotions on his sleeve the way that Lonzo was perceived to have been last season.

Drafting Hali and signing Christian Wood was the right move in retrospect, but c'est la vie.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sturt said:

How is Bog a stronger offensive asset, when all he does offensively is shoot the basketball?

Lonzo can shoot and literally run the team.  Lonzo is a much more valuable piece than Bogi.  To me, it's not even close.