• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So...Game 3

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

With all the Shenanigans - Hawks had every chance to win this game.  With 5:06 left, the score was tied at 91 on a Capela dunk.  Then it all went downhill. 

Bogi - missed 3, Capela - missed bunny, Bogi - missed 3, Hunter - missed 3, Hunter - missed 3, Young - missed 3, Bogi - missed 3, Hunter - missed alley hoop, Hunter - got fouled, hit 1 free throw - that was all Folks. So that is 

1 point in the last 5 minutes.🤢

This is settling for 3s.  We can't do this!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

With all the Shenanigans - Hawks had every chance to win this game.  With 5:06 left, the score was tied at 91 on a Capela dunk.  Then it all went downhill. 

Bogi - missed 3, Capela - missed bunny, Bogi - missed 3, Hunter - missed 3, Hunter - missed 3, Young - missed 3, Bogi - missed 3, Hunter - missed alley hoop, Hunter - got fouled, hit 1 free throw - that was all Folks. So that is 

1 point in the last 5 minutes.🤢

Lotta misses those last 5 minutes.  But what I see more than anything else is this:   

Bogi - 3 Shots

Hunter - 4 Shots

Capela - 1 Shot

Young - 1 Shot

Last 5 minutes of a HUGE game, this can't happen.  I understand getting teammates involved.  I understand trusting these guys.  I understand they were open.  But after an entire half of pathetic shooting from the entire team (other than Young), I need my superstar to say F it, this is MY game now and take over.  I felt like he could score at will during each of the 2 games.  Even his miss, I think, rimmed out.  

I'm fine with getting teammates involved early on.  He has to do that for the team to be successful.  But the last 5 minutes, the last 2 minutes, whatever the game dictates needs to be Trae Time.  That's what superstars do when they sense the game getting away from their team.  They take over.  Trae dominated for 2.5 quarters and then got passive.  That can't happen.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Lotta misses those last 5 minutes.  But what I see more than anything else is this:   

Bogi - 3 Shots

Hunter - 4 Shots

Capela - 1 Shot

Young - 1 Shot

Last 5 minutes of a HUGE game, this can't happen.  I understand getting teammates involved.  I understand trusting these guys.  I understand they were open.  But after an entire half of pathetic shooting from the entire team (other than Young), I need my superstar to say F it, this is MY game now and take over.  I felt like he could score at will during each of the 2 games.  Even his miss, I think, rimmed out.  

I'm fine with getting teammates involved early on.  He has to do that for the team to be successful.  But the last 5 minutes, the last 2 minutes, whatever the game dictates needs to be Trae Time.  That's what superstars do when they sense the game getting away from their team.  They take over.  Trae dominated for 2.5 quarters and then got passive.  That can't happen.  

I usually agree with your posts but I really don't on this one.  The Knicks defense was all-in on stopping Trae.  If he were to have forced bad shots, the narrative would have been he tried to hero ball and couldn't make it work.  Trae isn't KD or Lebron or anyone that has size and can impose their will.  If he gets doubled, he's not going to get a good shot off.  I never want Trae to lose faith in his teammates because they missed some shots -- I want him to keep making the right play and take advantage of what the defense gives him.

Sorry for the rant but I feel pretty strongly on this because I've seen so many teams crumble because their star player starts going rogue and trying to take over the game himself.  This is fine if the defense is letting it happen through switching mismatches or soft coverage, but that wasn't the case last night.

• Like 1

We didn’t make shots but honestly that’s what happens in playoff basketball when teams tighten up both ways. 

I think we get back to Atlanta and just stick to our principles and tighten up some of the screening and the minor issues but I’m not too worried about how we showed out in game 2. A couple boxers feeling each other out a bit.

Gallo gets hot and it brings a whole nother dimension. That Travis Bickle haircut 💇 isn’t working great so far. We’ve seen it before in the regular season where he went 2-11, but he did it in a stretch of 5 or 6 games, we don’t have the time for that. He needs to get it going.

Collins donut 🍩 doesn’t worry me though, again he did it in the flow of our offense. 

Game 3 should be ours if we come in with our game plan and stick to it. Outside of Bullock and Burks, they struggle from the perimeter. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I usually agree with your posts but I really don't on this one.  The Knicks defense was all-in on stopping Trae.  If he were to have forced bad shots, the narrative would have been he tried to hero ball and couldn't make it work.  Trae isn't KD or Lebron or anyone that has size and can impose their will.  If he gets doubled, he's not going to get a good shot off.  I never want Trae to lose faith in his teammates because they missed some shots -- I want him to keep making the right play and take advantage of what the defense gives him.

Sorry for the rant but I feel pretty strongly on this because I've seen so many teams crumble because their star player starts going rogue and trying to take over the game himself.  This is fine if the defense is letting it happen through switching mismatches or soft coverage, but that wasn't the case last night.

I'm not advocating he forget his teammates all together, just saying when the game is on the line and the teammates can't throw it in the ocean, I'm OK with him playing hero in the last few minutes of the game.  Even if he misses he's doing no worse than his teammates.  I just think Trae creating and getting a shot up is a higher % play in some cases than continuing to go to the same guys that miss time after time.  At some point, it's just not their night.  

ON this team, Bogie is probably the only guy that I would say could be cold as ice and still drain a late shot.  The rest though?  Nah.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I'm not advocating he forget his teammates all together, just saying when the game is on the line and the teammates can't throw it in the ocean, I'm OK with him playing hero in the last few minutes of the game.  Even if he misses he's doing no worse than his teammates.  I just think Trae creating and getting a shot up is a higher % play in some cases than continuing to go to the same guys that miss time after time.  At some point, it's just not their night.  

ON this team, Bogie is probably the only guy that I would say could be cold as ice and still drain a late shot.  The rest though?  Nah.  

Yeah, you just dont know the guys will continue missing, thats hindsighting the results.  We've seen so many games of guys being cold then hitting big shots in the 4th.  Trae doesnt know they'll keep missing!

I still think we need to stagger Bogi a bit and let him run the second unit ~5-10 minutes of the game

• Like 1