• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So...Game 3

JayBirdHawk

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I did not even realize that Trae only took one one. I love that he's making the right play setting up teammates, taking what the defense gives him, but I'd rather go down swinging with Trae forcing the action than watching these dudes miss shot after shot.

Exactly.  The last few minutes of the game are when the superstar should be looking for his own shot.  And besides, how many times has Trae been criticized for NOT riding the hot hand in games?  Well last night (and both really) HE was the hot hand while everyone else was ice cold.  

And no, @JeffS17 we don't KNOW they will continue to miss, but when you have Trae shooting 50% for the game and Bogie shooting 2-13, Hunter shooting 3-8, and Gallo 2-10 the odds are pretty good that Trae is going to have more success than the others late in the game when the pressure is on.  Everything we've seen from Trae says he rises to the pressure rather than shrink from it.  1 shot in 5 minutes just isn't a winning strategy, imo.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Oh, for real, Nerl? Man... that's a trip.

~lw3

You'd think a guy as injury prone as Noel would know better than to intentionally trip a player in mid stride. I used to feel sorry for him due to the injuries that stunted his career. But now? Not so much. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I did not even realize that Trae only took one one. I love that he's making the right play setting up teammates, taking what the defense gives him, but I'd rather go down swinging with Trae forcing the action than watching these dudes miss shot after shot.

ugh, the end of the game was ugly. Bogi was chucking like crazy... we can't afford to lose our composure like that. Truth is we let that one get away, should have 100% been a dub, fortunately we took 1 out of 2 on the road and have homecourt advantage. It's a five game series now, gotta take care of homecourt and we're through. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If Gallo can't get it together on offense...

4eo47S.gif

If Gallo can’t make his 3’s, bench him.  If he dances 2-3 steps before taking his shot, bench him.  He needs to be decisive.  

We paid him premium money to show up in the playoffs.  We need our return on investment.  

• Like 4

• Moderators

My concern is guys hitting their damn shots and driving to the hole.   We can't play scared and reckless.

Nate's rotations are going to be basically the same.  It's his style.   Although i'm expecting to see Solo tonight instead of Snell.  We need Solo's wildcardness.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

My biggest concern tonight is the rotations.  If Nate is going to be stubborn about minutes and not staggering the bench then we could be in trouble.  we can't go 4 and 5 minute stretches with Trae / Bogie both on the bench.  

1 - 2 starters need to be on the court at all times. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member

I think we see an aggressive Hawks team tonight and I think we see the refs calling an illegal screen on the Knicks early to set the tone that shit isn't going to fly anymore.  No more Taj Gibson, offensive tackle.  No more screen and shove/elbow from Randle.

I trust we regress back to the mean tonight on shooting and Gallo has a decent game.  I want to see Collins putting in work inside, Hunter driving to the rim early, and Capela posting up -- get Noel in foul trouble early.  Heurter needs to play with energy on offense and get into the lane and hit those short jumpers we know he can.  I want to see Trae splashing every open floater they give him, be greedy.  Put these guys away early and deflate their spirit.

Hawks 117 Knicks 103

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't agree with this. His teammates were missing wide open shots they normally make.  Keep making the right play.  I rather Trae make the right play than force up hero ball shots.  A wide open shot is more likely to go in than Trae off the bounce.  

Trae needs to be completely unleashed tonight, with all of his bag of tricks.

Do whatever it takes to win.  

And no complaints from our fan base when he does it.

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

I don't agree with this. His teammates were missing wide open shots they normally make.  Keep making the right play.  I rather Trae make the right play than force up hero ball shots.  A wide open shot is more likely to go in than Trae off the bounce.  

Heroes win playoff games.  Not role players.

• Like 2