• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's Optimus Prime Speech of Today....

Diesel

That is awesome, Diesel

To coin the moniker "Never trust the Hawks" or "how Georgia professional teams is going to mess up this time" has been a mainstay in the national eye.   

For many years, we have good teams that played here and did everything right but still end up short.   This is a good test for our young guys to understand that you have to close a team out when you have the opportunity or it is going to bite you back hard.

Tonight, we are going to see a Knicks team is going to do everything in the power to win and the refs is not on our side and the media isn't either.  Tonight, we got to finish the drill and end this series or its going to be another nightmare.

• Like 3

As the focus has been on horrible reffing in this series it has also had something to do with a couple of big time losses as well. SB had the refs call a  old on Matthews on the game sealing drive in scoring position. A call even the announcers were surprised by with how little was seen. You could make that call on every play but certainly not in the prime of prime times. And of course the strike zone mystery when the Marlins were handed the pennant over us. So think even more satisfaction with how blatant it has been beating both the Knicks and refs in this series even if it is early in the playoffs.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Diesel said:

We need to understand and play like this is our elimination game.   Every game we play, we ought to play like if we lose, we will be watching Kenny Smith laughing at us saying we've gone fishing.     For us, this is our Buster Douglas moment.   The moment when everybody had counted us out... we've been knocked down... and we hit the floor and got up.   This is the moment that we exercise all the demons of Atlanta Sports.   When the whole world is watching, this is the time for us to strike the hardest, turn back the Knicks, the refs, and the media and let them know that .....  Atlanta Got something to say in these playoffs!!

Also we want to see Stephen A cry. He still think the Knicks will bring it back to Atlanta Friday.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, hawkzlova123 said:

I do feel like we win this game

But if we don't, it won't be the end of the world. Game six will be a MUST however

I still remember the Game 6 in 1988 and it was the same feeling I had after Game 6 of last year's NLCS, Game 6 of '91 World Series, and SBLI. Even though there was still a Game 7, I already knew that the season was over and was proved right each time with only one exception (1995).

Let's not take any chances tonight...

Edited by Dejay
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Thomas said:

As the focus has been on horrible reffing in this series it has also had something to do with a couple of big time losses as well. SB had the refs call a  old on Matthews on the game sealing drive in scoring position. A call even the announcers were surprised by with how little was seen. You could make that call on every play but certainly not in the prime of prime times. And of course the strike zone mystery when the Marlins were handed the pennant over us. So think even more satisfaction with how blatant it has been beating both the Knicks and refs in this series even if it is early in the playoffs.

On the same drive (I believe after the hold), Sanu caught it and they grabbed his face mask (should have been an automatic first down).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dejay said:

I still remember the Game 6 in 1988 and it was the same feeling I had after Game 6 of last year's NLCS, Game 6 of '91 World Series, and SBLI. Even though there was still a Game 7, I already knew that the season was over and was proved right each time with only one exception (1995).

Let's not take any chances tonight...

That series was ours to take but the getting even with Philly sealing the deal with stealing the Dr. from us was not meant to be.  History is often not so much fun. Would have been a great series of seven games do believe.

• Like 1