• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

1 Injury ruined our Run.....

Diesel

• Moderators
2 hours ago, StonedDogs said:

A healthy Hawks vs a healthy Bucks. Bucks are pulling off the win because Collins and Capela were defensive liabilities, they were too small, couldn't rebound, Collins would shrink. Also Trae doesn't play defense so the defense breaks down on Trae leading to anyone wide open. On top of Trae poor ill-advised threes at the wrong time. He can't help it. Chris Paul is a true floor general. Morant is a floor general. Curry is under control with his shot selection. Trae and the young Hawks have to learn collective defense, rebounding and proper ball movement. Playoffs exposed all of it

We were very competitive with Milwaukee up and until Trae went down and that was without the guy who would have been our most important defender in the series:  Deandre Hunter and the guy who turned out to be one of the very best defenders after his return:  Cam Reddish.  If Hunter is there, suddenly the complexion changes because you aren't playing Solo huge minutes and you can make Hunter the primary defender for Giannis and suddenly we become significantly better on both sides of the ball.  If Cam isn't hurt, we come in with two ace wing defenders and guys like Capela can park themselves in the paint without having to constantly wade into no-man's land trying to cover for other teammates.

Also not hearing it about Trae / Morant.  I'm taking Trae all day in that comparison and that is with me readily conceding that Ja is an up and coming star.  But with fewer injuries, Ja's Grizzlies barely made the playoffs. 

Trae and the rest of our team do still have plenty to learn and Trae could pick up some important lessons from Curry and Paul for sure but they are both MVP-level, HOF PGs so that isn't much of a revelation for a guy who is 22 years old.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, AHF said:

We were very competitive with Milwaukee up and until Trae went down and that was without the guy who would have been our most important defender in the series:  Deandre Hunter and the guy who turned out to be one of the very best defenders after his return:  Cam Reddish.  If Hunter is there, suddenly the complexion changes because you aren't playing Solo huge minutes and you can make Hunter the primary defender for Giannis and suddenly we become significantly better on both sides of the ball.  If Cam isn't hurt, we come in with two ace wing defenders and guys like Capela can park themselves in the paint without having to constantly wade into no-man's land trying to cover for other teammates.

Also not hearing it about Trae / Morant.  I'm taking Trae all day in that comparison and that is with me readily conceding that Ja is an up and coming star.  But with fewer injuries, Ja's Grizzlies barely made the playoffs. 

Trae and the rest of our team do still have plenty to learn and Trae could pick up some important lessons from Curry and Paul for sure but they are both MVP-level, HOF PGs so that isn't much of a revelation for a guy who is 22 years old.

I will admit I am a jazz fan and people out here finally got a chance to see the Hawks. I personally watched their series from game 2 of Philly throughout the Bucks. They're exciting to watch no doubt about it and I think the country was pulling for them. I've seen a lot of Capela through the years and seeing Collins for the 1st time in that atmosphere, he just didn't look good imo. Shoots too many threes, can't produce his own shot and looked awful against bigs. But you guys know your team and your needs. I really liked Cam Reddish, that guy looks better pro than at Duke. You may have a steal. I've only seen Hunter in the Virginia/TT championship game. I just still think Hawks would have lost either way. I'm not a Trae hater but I listened to game two vs Milwaukee through headphones and twice I heard ppl from the crowd yell, "Keep shooting Trae!" Those 35 footers killed you guys and are a bit unnecessary so often. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 7/12/2021 at 9:15 PM, StonedDogs said:

I will admit I am a jazz fan and people out here finally got a chance to see the Hawks. I personally watched their series from game 2 of Philly throughout the Bucks. They're exciting to watch no doubt about it and I think the country was pulling for them. I've seen a lot of Capela through the years and seeing Collins for the 1st time in that atmosphere, he just didn't look good imo. Shoots too many threes, can't produce his own shot and looked awful against bigs. But you guys know your team and your needs. I really liked Cam Reddish, that guy looks better pro than at Duke. You may have a steal. I've only seen Hunter in the Virginia/TT championship game. I just still think Hawks would have lost either way. I'm not a Trae hater but I listened to game two vs Milwaukee through headphones and twice I heard ppl from the crowd yell, "Keep shooting Trae!" Those 35 footers killed you guys and are a bit unnecessary so often. 

Welcome to the board.  I think you are underrating a couple of our guys due to lack of exposure but look forward to getting your perspective when you have seen more from the team.

Hunter looked like the 2nd best player on the team to start the season and was the team's obvious best choice to defend Giannis.  Even hurt he was a difference maker when he was on the floor in the playoffs.

Trae does take too many long jumpers but is a huge net positive - he doesn't kill the deal even with a few unnecessary shots.  On the plus side, he shoots a surprisingly high % on those extreme jumpers.  Not sure where it finished this year but he shot near 40% in past seasons.  Even then 60% will be misses and they will always look bad to me when you take that shot at all early in the clock.  Game 2 was the team's one absolute stinker in the post-season so I would hesitate to draw too many conclusions from that game alone.  Trae averaged 29 points, 9.5 assists and 3 rebounds even including his injury games.  He is a stud.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/12/2021 at 12:10 PM, AHF said:

Giannis is a superstar and is absolutely the best thing to happen to Milwaukee basketball since Lew Alcinder.  The offense can flow a bit better when he is off the floor at times but without Giannis they are a much weaker team.  

The injuries that ruined our playoff runs were Hunter going out and:

ty-1-1.jpg?resize=300

To say we got unlucky by Giannis getting hurt. Come on. That's pure BS. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
On 7/10/2021 at 6:53 PM, Diesel said:

Being on the floor does not mean that you have been used in a way to get you going.   Middleton is being defended well.   However, Holiday has not been running the offense and his best offense is when Giannis is out of the lane and Holiday can drive.  Holiday is a great player going to the basket terrible at shooting a standstill jumper;  A great player posting up and a terrible player trying to hit a three.   When Giannis is in, Holiday is trying to do those things that he's terrible at.  Hell, I will give him 48 minutes of doing that because I know in the end, he will score maybe 12 points and have a horrible game.   If they had a coach who was a PG first guy, the team would play a lot better. 

Middleton is just a different player at home.  I'm beginning think that Holiday is not good on offense period

14 hours ago, AHF said:

Trae does take too many long jumpers but is a huge net positive - he doesn't kill the deal even with a few unnecessary shots.  On the plus side, he shoots a surprisingly high % on those extreme jumpers.  Not sure where it finished this year but he shot near 40% in past seasons.  

On shots 35+ feet

• Playoffs:  50% . . . . .  . . . .  ( 2 - 4 )
  • Regular season:  62%  . . . ( 8 - 13 )

On shots 30 - 34 feet

• Playoffs:  23% . . . . . . . . . . ( 6 - 26 )
  • Regular Season:  31% . . . ( 20 - 64 )

On shots 25 - 29 feet

• Playoffs: 31% . . . . . . . . . . ( 31 - 99 ) 
  • Regular season:  33% . . . ( 92 - 227 )