• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Guessing Game

MarylandHawk

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, LongTimeFan said:

Package Dunn, Bruno, and OKC's #1 in 2022 (lottery protected, so almost assuredly converts to two second rounders in 2024 and 2025) to OKC for their second round pick (#34) in 2021.  Throw in our second rounder this year if necessary (#48 via Miami).  This frees up approximately $7.5 million and gives us approximately $10 million to spend on free agents after allocating approximately $3 million for our two draft choices.

Use our #20 on Jaden Springer (future back-up point guard) and OKC's #34 on JT Thor (back-up power forward) Both players will likely spend most of next year in the GLeague.  

Wave or trade Goodwin.  Renounce rights to Snell.  

Resign Knight and Mays to two-way contracts.  Assign to GLeague for most of the year.

Sign TJ McConnell as vet back-up PG (three years/$25 million).

Resign Solomon Hill as vet back-up 3/4 (one year at $2 million).

We have now used all available cap space ($112 million).

Resign JC at (hopefully) $22 million per year (four-year contract, meaning we likely matched an offer).  We're now $10 million over the cap.  (We can actually sign him for up to $29 million per year without going into the luxury tax this year.  See below for final calculations).

Sign Lou Will as vet back-up #3 guard (two years at $8 million) using bi-annual exception.  (Now $14 million over the cap).

Sign Gorgui Dieng as vet back-up #3 center using portion of mid-level exception (how much of $10 million? $6 million per year for 3 years?).  We're now $20 million over the cap.

We now have 15 players under contract, plus two two-way contracts.  

We are under the luxury cap by $7 million.

Just my thoughts ... fire away!  😄

Man, that got salary numbers too. So you have Schlenk on speed dial. Lol. 

• Haha 2

PG Young, (Duece McBride/Jared Butler), Lou Will

SG Bogdan , Reddish, Skylar Mays

SF Hunter, Huerter, Solo Hill

PF Collins. Gallo, Nathan Knight 

C Clint, Onyeka, Bruno

Bonus 2 way players

PF/C Jay Huff (possible Gallo replacement)

C Ibou Dianko Adji (Rudy Gobert type)

I believe we stay the course and run it back keeping 2 vets in Solo and Lou Will. Drafting our backup of the future in Duece McBride or Jared Butler depending on what we value more there offense/defense and availability.

Bruno gets to stay since OO will be out and with the 48th pick we get one of Huff or Ibou (whoever is projected higher) and pick up the other one who will possibly be undrafted.

Keep it simple, don't alter chemistry and shore up 2 positions of need backup PG and a defensive 7fter. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, sillent said:

C Clint, Onyeka, Bruno

Bonus 2 way players

I believe we stay the course and run it back keeping 2 vets in Solo and Lou Will. Drafting our backup of the future in Duece McBride or Jared Butler depending on what we value more there offense/defense and availability.

Bruno gets to stay since OO will be out and with the 48th pick we get one of Huff or Ibou (whoever is projected higher) and pick up the other one who will possibly be undrafted.

Keep it simple, don't alter chemistry and shore up 2 positions of need backup PG and a defensive 7fter. 

Wow no outside FA huh? We keepin this lil party 🎉 private huh. Ok ok I can dig it. #wemove

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, sillent said:

C Clint, Onyeka, Bruno

Bonus 2 way players

Wow. You really kept it the same.  Lol. If it aint broke...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MarylandHawk said:

Wow. You really kept it the same.  Lol. If it aint broke...

Exactly. Too often big and small unnecessary changes are made to a team that destroy chemistry and end up causing teams to rebuild (OKC, NYC before Carmelo, Raptors moving Gasol/Serge). 

We got as far as we got without our full roster not once. The internal growth should be ridiculous with individual players plus more chemistry. The free agents out there don't push us over the edge like a Gallo and Bogi last year.

Most importantly since they've treated us like Rodney Dangerfeild it'll feel that much better if we keep it in house and win it all.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
On 7/26/2021 at 10:26 AM, LongTimeFan said:

Package Dunn, Bruno, and OKC's #1 in 2022 (lottery protected, so almost assuredly converts to two second rounders in 2024 and 2025) to OKC for their second round pick (#34) in 2021.  Throw in our second rounder this year if necessary (#48 via Miami).  This frees up approximately $7.5 million and gives us approximately $10 million to spend on free agents after allocating approximately $3 million for our two draft choices.

Use our #20 on Jaden Springer (future back-up point guard) and OKC's #34 on JT Thor (back-up power forward) Both players will likely spend most of next year in the GLeague.  

Wave or trade Goodwin.  Renounce rights to Snell.  

Resign Knight and Mays to two-way contracts.  Assign to GLeague for most of the year.

Sign TJ McConnell as vet back-up PG (three years/$25 million).

Resign Solomon Hill as vet back-up 3/4 (one year at $2 million).

We have now used all available cap space ($112 million).

Resign JC at (hopefully) $22 million per year (four-year contract, meaning we likely matched an offer).  We're now $10 million over the cap.  (We can actually sign him for up to $29 million per year without going into the luxury tax this year.  See below for final calculations).

Sign Lou Will as vet back-up #3 guard (two years at $8 million) using bi-annual exception.  (Now $14 million over the cap).

Sign Gorgui Dieng as vet back-up #3 center using portion of mid-level exception (how much of $10 million? $6 million per year for 3 years?).  We're now $20 million over the cap.

We now have 15 players under contract, plus two two-way contracts.  

We are under the luxury cap by $7 million.

Just my thoughts ... fire away!  😄

Got Dieng and Solo right. 

• Premium Member
On 7/25/2021 at 11:11 PM, sturt said:

Schlenk has told us that he's going to get a new #2 PG.

Beyond that, of course, we have new reason to suspect a legit vet 5th big is going to be pursued to get Double O's minutes for at least half the season.

Beyond that, there has been a rumor that Gallo can be had, with MIN being ID'd as one suitor (... and while I was an early skeptic on that point, I've received new intel that leads me to believe I shouldn't be dismissive.)

Beyond that, a study of the 2021-22 and 2022-23 payrolls just knowing what we know, it screams that these next two seasons are our prime window to win a title.

Beyond that, the General projects to have something close to $4.5m in cap space to secure some asset... $6.5m if he trades out of the first round (opening up the cap hold)... $11.5 if that, plus Dunn surprises everyone and opts out... $13.5 in trade if in addition to trading out of the first round and separating from Dunn, he ships out Bruno.

Beyond that, the General projects to have $9.5m of MLE and 4.5 of Bi-Annual exceptions.

Beyond that, the Hawks seem to have brought in a heckuvalotta players for workouts who are iffy as far as being drafted at all... seemingly hinting that either Mays and/or Knight are added to the 15-man, or won't be in ATL for 21-22.

Any guess right now on a 15-man is complicated by the Gallo rumor. Can't have much confidence, as a result, in anything beyond the starting 5, Huerter, Cam and Double O being 8 of the 15.

So, I can't even begin to pretend to offer an intelligent guess at what will be. Only what I'd like to be.

My newest...

2021-07-26_09-43-03.png

Got Dieng and Solo too!  

• Like 1