• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBA to name top 75

capstone21

in the last  25 years or so, has there been 25 players that would go in front of him?
We know there are some locks like Kobe , Lebron, Curry, Duncan , Dirk , and Durant, but is there an argument for 25 guys?
There's guys like Paul Pierce who is nowhere good as Nique but he has a ring. So you know how that goes.

im gonna try to name the next 25 of the 75
1. Nique should be a lock since he was done dirty the first time.
2. Lebron
3. Kobe
4. Duncan
5 Garnett
6. Kidd
7. Payton
8. Durant
9. Allen
10. Curry
11.Mutombo
12. Wade
13. Harden
14. Iverson
15. R.Miller
16 A.Gilmore
17. Westbrook
18. Pierce
19. Leonard
19. Nash
20. Paul
21.McGrady
22. Carter
23. Irving
24. Giannis, 
25.Ming

Possible adds .Dumars,  Ginobili , Parker, Billups, B.Wallace. R.Wallace, Mourning, Dantley , Howard, Lillard, A.D, Rose, Webber 
G.Hill . T.Hardaway, A.Hardaway, etc

• Like 1

• Moderators

I've been working on this baby for weeks now!

I still got a LOT of old-timers, and even a couple guys I squeezed in from back in the day that didn't make the Top 50 cut in '96. I leaned heavy on Win Shares for the old list, and if you made the NBA Top 50 back then and are still Top 75 in WS now, you get in without a second thought. That's 29 of them already.

Now my problem is I've got legendary modern wings and centers that, due to combos of injury/illness and/or insufficient postseason success at their Superstar peaks, won't make my Top 75 cut. There's a bunch of them, and only one spot I've yet to fill.

I'll figure it out. But my #1 criteria for making this team is: Is your name Dominique Wilkins?

~lw3

• Like 4

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, pimp said:

im gonna try to name the next 25 of the 75
1. Nique should be a lock since he was done dirty the first time.
2. Lebron
3. Kobe
4. Duncan
5 Garnett
6. Kidd
7. Payton
8. Durant
9. Allen
10. Curry
11.Mutombo
12. Wade
13. Harden
14. Iverson
15. R.Miller
16 A.Gilmore
17. Westbrook
18. Pierce
19. Leonard
19. Nash
20. Paul
21.McGrady
22. Carter
23. Irving
24. Giannis, 
25.Ming

Possible adds .Dumars,  Ginobili , Parker, Billups, B.Wallace. R.Wallace, Mourning, Dantley , Howard, Lillard, A.D, Rose, Webber 
G.Hill . T.Hardaway, A.Hardaway, etc

I got most of these Top 25 in my 35 adds so far. I agonized over Artis, and left him off only because NBA probably won't count his peak ABA years from the early 70s in their consideration.

Yao is in my bubble big list with Zo, Sheed and Bosh (in no order). The 96-Shaq-style pick, for an active but not fully accomplished center in his prime, will go to either Embiid or Jokic.

~lw3

• Moderators

We litigated this in a prior thread, but when we looked at the panel who was selected to make the 50 All-Time selections, there was hardly anyone you could really point to as someone who would have watched a lot of Hawks basketball. Very heavy on the Northeast/Midwest/California contingents. Then with TNT, Hubie was the only exception that stood out to me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50_Greatest_Players_in_NBA_History

~lw3

• Moderators

One in particular is Hawks Blasphemy, one not-so-much, but here are my Top-75 ousters, among the players that made Top 50:

(alphabetical order)

Nate Archibald

Dave Bing

Billy Cunningham

Dave DeBusschere

Jerry Lucas

Pete Maravich

Earl Monroe

Bill Sharman

Nate Thurmond

Lenny Wilkens

That's just ten guys out, and then I went and added three previously-retired/soon-to-retire guys (Adrian Dantley, Joe Dumars, Dennis Johnson) to narrow the list of new adds even more.

~lw3