• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lou Williams...

Diesel

• Premium Member

I saw where he's looking for a 2-3 year deal. 

I saw where Milwaukee is interested in him. 

I was wondering, do we have cap space to sign him?

With Hunter out, having Lou in, he can play OG and BU Bogi and Allow Cam to play more 3. 

• Like 1

If we do get Lou back and hopefully keep Knight on a 2 way that will complete our roster. It may also be the 1st time Schlenk brings 2 two way players back on 2way deals in Mays and Knight.

Chemistry, Internal Improvements and good health should make this one of the most dangerous teams in the league top to bottom.

Edited by sillent
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Delon Wright will fill his role providing more defense, I don't think we can find offer him a significant role or 2/3 years of contract

Delon Wright isn't known to be a 4th quarter microwave on the court. Also we wouldn't just be bringing Lou back for his on court production. Lou would be more like a mentor and insurance barring it takes Wright and Cooper awhile to get implemented into our system.

After signing Dieng and hopefully keeping  Knight there is really not much else we could need or ask for on this team. Lou would just be icing on the cake.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

I see  Lou as instant scoring when he gets in the game.   Now that Trae is signed for the Long Bid we will have to manage his time on the court carefully.   He doesn't need to average 38 mpg.  Bringing in Lou gives us a guy who knows how to score and how to play the game.   Cooper will come along and so will Wright but we have to be honest about those guys... it may take a moment.   We can't believe that a rookie will automatically get the speed of the game at this level. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I see  Lou as instant scoring when he gets in the game.   Now that Trae is signed for the Long Bid we will have to manage his time on the court carefully.   He doesn't need to average 38 mpg.  Bringing in Lou gives us a guy who knows how to score and how to play the game.   Cooper will come along and so will Wright but we have to be honest about those guys... it may take a moment.   We can't believe that a rookie will automatically get the speed of the game at this level. 

Problem is he was not that for the majority of the time with us averaging 17pp36mins on 38% shooting. He would have one of those microwave games like once every 4 or 5 games. Plus, he was not good playing PG especially defensively. We have a plethora of wings, we need quality backup PG minutes. Lou doesn't really fill the need. Wright has basically been playing starter minutes the last 3-4 years. He is a very solid, borderline starting caliber player. If we want to give Lou a role it will be as an end of the bench guy who can come in in case Huerter/Hunter/ or Reddish miss time. Unless he accepts a vet minimum offer I don't know that he'll be worth the money for us. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'd take a look at Malik Monk as the instant scorer off the bench.

Where would he get minutes from? If I were him, I'd look for a team that would give me a fair shot at playing 20+ minutes a night.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Problem is he was not that for the majority of the time with us averaging 17pp36mins on 38% shooting. He would have one of those microwave games like once every 4 or 5 games. Plus, he was not good playing PG especially defensively. We have a plethora of wings, we need quality backup PG minutes. Lou doesn't really fill the need. Wright has basically been playing starter minutes the last 3-4 years. He is a very solid, borderline starting caliber player. If we want to give Lou a role it will be as an end of the bench guy who can come in in case Huerter/Hunter/ or Reddish miss time. Unless he accepts a vet minimum offer I don't know that he'll be worth the money for us. 

When Lou takes the floor with either Bogi or Delon on the floor Lou doesn't have to be the PG.   Ultimately, we will have some lineups with ball handlers.   This is something that will disrupt teams that play to stop the PG position.   It worked against Philly when we realized that we play better when Trae Leaves and we keep Bogi on the floor.   Bogi doesn' t manage the game the way that Trae does but he's enough of a ball handler that we can keep the ball moving on offense.  Lou serves the same purpose and adds another scorer to the list. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Diesel said:

When Lou takes the floor with either Bogi or Delon on the floor Lou doesn't have to be the PG.   Ultimately, we will have some lineups with ball handlers.   This is something that will disrupt teams that play to stop the PG position.   It worked against Philly when we realized that we play better when Trae Leaves and we keep Bogi on the floor.   Bogi doesn' t manage the game the way that Trae does but he's enough of a ball handler that we can keep the ball moving on offense.  Lou serves the same purpose and adds another scorer to the list. 

I get that, but we have Huerter/Reddish in that same role. Unless we are assuming injuries, which hey, after last year it's something to keep in mind for sure, but if we don't have them, where are Lou Will's minutes coming at the expense off? If Lou wants a multi year deal worth more than the minimum can we afford to allocate cap space to that with an army of younger better talent on the brink of their extensions? I'm not shutting down the possibility but just spit-balling out loud. Personally I don't think so. For a vet minimum short term deal though, of course it's a no brainer. It gives us that insurance in case Huerter or Cam go down. 

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

I get that, but we have Huerter/Reddish in that same role. Unless we are assuming injuries, which hey, after last year it's something to keep in mind for sure, but if we don't have them, where are Lou Will's minutes coming at the expense off? If Lou wants a multi year deal worth more than the minimum can we afford to allocate cap space to that with an army of younger better talent on the brink of their extensions? I'm not shutting down the possibility but just spit-balling out loud. Personally I don't think so. For a vet minimum short term deal though, of course it's a no brainer. It gives us that insurance in case Huerter or Cam go down. 

Neither Huerter or Reddish is a ball handler.   I know that they can bring the ball up, but I cringe when I see Huerter being pressured... and I don't know if Reddish has the gene that will allow him to pass the ball sometimes.   Like I said before, in less than 22 mpg, Lou gave us 12/3.4 last season.   For somebody coming off the bench, that's not bad. 

I know we want to see more of Cam.. and that will be... but don't misunderstand, this is not a player we're picking up to develop or stop development, this is a guy who can play a role with no expectations.   Teams need that too.   Because some of the names I hear being called out are guys  who will expect more minutes. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Neither Huerter or Reddish is a ball handler.   I know that they can bring the ball up, but I cringe when I see Huerter being pressured... and I don't know if Reddish has the gene that will allow him to pass the ball sometimes.   Like I said before, in less than 22 mpg, Lou gave us 12/3.4 last season.   For somebody coming off the bench, that's not bad. 

I know we want to see more of Cam.. and that will be... but don't misunderstand, this is not a player we're picking up to develop or stop development, this is a guy who can play a role with no expectations.   Teams need that too.   Because some of the names I hear being called out are guys  who will expect more minutes. 

Bro, Lou is not exactly a great ball handler either. I'm not sure he's better than Huerter.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

I get that, but we have Huerter/Reddish in that same role.

We've tried them in the same role to varying degrees of success and failure.  Cam in particularly has srruggled.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Bro, Lou is not exactly a great ball handler either. I'm not sure he's better than Huerter.

He does pressure better than Huerter.   Huerter tends to play too fast and make mistakes. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Also, Don't consider the play against Jrue as a sign that Lou is not a great ball handler.  Jrue makes everybody look bad... right CP3, Book??

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Diesel said:

Also, Don't consider the play against Jrue as a sign that Lou is not a great ball handler.  Jrue makes everybody look bad... right CP3, Book??

It's not just Jrue, Lou lacks the footspeed to get around defenders so all it takes to get the ball out of his hands when he plays PG is to preassure him. There's a reason he has played mostly SG his entire career. 

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

It's not just Jrue, Lou lacks the footspeed to get around defenders so all it takes to get the ball out of his hands when he plays PG is to preassure him. There's a reason he has played mostly SG his entire career. 

I'm not mad at him playing OG.  I actually prefer it.. even when he comes in at PG.  Like I said...one of a few Ball handlers... not Floor General.