• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Squawk Game Day Rituals

bird_dirt

What superstions or rituals do folks here do on game days? Anyone pick up any new wrinkles during the postseason? 

I have to wear an Atlanta (but not Hawks) related shirt during the games. Basically rotating through my Stratosphere Skateshop t-shirt collection.

I ***t you not, I was working late during the Philly games when the Hawks were down by 18 or whatever. Got home and changed shirts around halftime, and they came back to win. I was like

xB1RqLGoBNh3W.gif.cf2c0f8053ea57f1b318048a7b801f4c.gif

It happened again the next game when they were down by 23. Got home, changed shirts and they won. By this time I knew I had something special. 

6XHWT7J5mAda0.gif.70dbc68774f131e5343ebaad56ebe41b.gif

Hawks win the series and here I am walking into the ECF. I start looking ahead and wondering if I order a new shirt from Stratosphere online if it will arrive in time for the Finals.

vRf4Z1OZ21j9e.gif.376fda6d870ded26e5a3cb0f69a548b6.gif

But then Jrue brought me back down to earth

BnKNkHXuplRQI.gif.5a1eb6c1a1360e2b07f53f36e49169c7.gif

I'm hoping my new JBap shirt brings some luck this season.

Whatchu got? Any good stories? Any clear correlation that totally proves the power of superstions? 

• Haha 4

I try to always wear a Hawks sweatshirt, hat, or something (I even have a tie I've worn with suits!).  
My son and I always check in with each other before a game to make sure we're both watching.  

8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I have a red Trae shirt that did pretty well in the playoffs but it wasn't 100%.   I have a black Trae shirt but it's the old volt numbers.  Honestly it did better.   And i have a bunch of random tshirts.  I always try to have some kind of Hawks gear on.  If i don't they will lose so it's obviously totally dependent on what i do.  

Still trying to figure out the exact amount of beer that creates a win.   

I only have a SAR jersey, and I think it has a negative effect. 

The juju in the t-shirts definitely seem to have a limited supply. They work for a few games, then need to be changed when the juju gets depleted. Haven't figured out if or how to recharge them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bird_dirt said:

What superstions or rituals do folks here do on game days? Anyone pick up any new wrinkles during the postseason? 

I have to wear an Atlanta (but not Hawks) related shirt during the games. Basically rotating through my Stratosphere Skateshop t-shirt collection.

I ***t you not, I was working late during the Philly games when the Hawks were down by 18 or whatever. Got home and changed shirts around halftime, and they came back to win. I was like

xB1RqLGoBNh3W.gif.cf2c0f8053ea57f1b318048a7b801f4c.gif

It happened again the next game when they were down by 23. Got home, changed shirts and they won. By this time I knew I had something special. 

6XHWT7J5mAda0.gif.70dbc68774f131e5343ebaad56ebe41b.gif

Hawks win the series and here I am walking into the ECF. I start looking ahead and wondering if I order a new shirt from Stratosphere online if it will arrive in time for the Finals.

vRf4Z1OZ21j9e.gif.376fda6d870ded26e5a3cb0f69a548b6.gif

But then Jrue brought me back down to earth

BnKNkHXuplRQI.gif.5a1eb6c1a1360e2b07f53f36e49169c7.gif

I'm hoping my new JBap shirt brings some luck this season.

Whatchu got? Any good stories? Any clear correlation that totally proves the power of superstions? 

This is skrong.  Real skrong.

My superstitions revolve around which kg's I allow to watch the games.  kg05 was nearly undefeated in the playoffs but couldn't hang as late as the others.

• Like 4

• Moderators
23 hours ago, hazer said:

This t-shirt (which I wore in person to the 105-94 a$$-whoopin’ they put on the Knickerbockers on 5/28), this hat (which I place on the coffee table between me and the 70”), and a 6-er of ice-cold Leffe drank from my lucky glass goblet 🍺 

image.jpeg.eab9d5e762d25607e23a62b4256a5120.jpeg
image.jpeg.b080be4d6424857b4cd04ff1a96e9a2a.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.ae0b2d57a88c42c4faccc62c5755c8fc.jpeg

My new best friend!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2