• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBA 2k22 thoughts?

Sothron

• Premium Member

I have the game for PS5 so bear with me here.

So I'm enjoying the actual game play with one big issue that it is impossible to score on the fast break. The defenders no matter how slow they are in real life or the game will magically outrun even the fastest players to stop them from scoring on a fast break.

But my biggest issue is with MyNBA. I can't find a way in the features to turn the governor off so you can go back to the old MyLeague settings. Has anyone figured out how to get rid of the governor or at least edit it to give you maximum flexibility? I can't stand that our actual owner spends money on the team and the staff etc but in this game you are stuck with the default owners called governors.

And the Hawks one is super cheap. I can't even hire new staff because I am at the budget limit. I only want to deal with salary cap when it comes to the franchise mode not worry about soda prices or having money to hire a scout or assistant coach. How do you turn that off so you don't have to worry with it?

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Always wait for it to go on sale, depending on the general feedback by fans and reviewers is how long I'll wait. By January game is usually 50% off, towards the end of the season they basically give it away (put it on gamepass). If I hear good feedback I may get it around January and if I don't I'll just wait till it's free. Imo those games are not worth full price, very marginal improvements over iterations. 

I probably put about 20 hours into My Player this weekend lol 

I also did a fantasy draft in My NBA but haven't gotten any further than just the draft. I did the entire player pool (keep youngest player on the duplicates) and ended up with Lebron, MJ, Trae, JC, and Alonzo Mourning for my team. I'll try to check on the governor setting later. Pretty sure you can turn that off in the settings as you're setting up the franchise mode.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, ShooterSays said:

I probably put about 20 hours into My Player this weekend lol 

I also did a fantasy draft in My NBA but haven't gotten any further than just the draft. I did the entire player pool (keep youngest player on the duplicates) and ended up with Lebron, MJ, Trae, JC, and Alonzo Mourning for my team. I'll try to check on the governor setting later. Pretty sure you can turn that off in the settings as you're setting up the franchise mode.

If you can find a way to turn off that damn governor setting please let me know. 

@Sothron

with myNBA (is this what they are calling the franchise mode now?) are we still stuck with having to have the same inane conversations about 30 times a week? '21 was simply awful with that non-sense and I stopped playing after about a week of that nonsense.  I'm extremely hesitant to spend more on this game given how bad it got over the past two seasons.  

For the Governor thing, in '21 you had to earn experience to make trades and do other things. I wonder if you have to reach some achievement in the game to over-ride the Governor? 

I head out to Africa to 2 - 4 years in a couple of weeks, so i need to make a decision soon on this. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, frosgrim said:

@Sothron

with myNBA (is this what they are calling the franchise mode now?) are we still stuck with having to have the same inane conversations about 30 times a week? '21 was simply awful with that non-sense and I stopped playing after about a week of that nonsense.  I'm extremely hesitant to spend more on this game given how bad it got over the past two seasons.  

For the Governor thing, in '21 you had to earn experience to make trades and do other things. I wonder if you have to reach some achievement in the game to over-ride the Governor? 

I head out to Africa to 2 - 4 years in a couple of weeks, so i need to make a decision soon on this. 

I didn't do the MyGM mode. I did MyLeague which lets you ignore all the "you are the GM" stuff. For 2k22 they combined both modes into MyNBA which I hate. I can't get rid of the governor and unless someone on here tells us how to avoid it I'm guessing you can't. You can skip the GM conversation stuff if you want in setup.

So I caved in and bought the game for PS5. My early impressions of the game so far is that they placed a major emphasis on defense this year. No longer will you be allowed to automatically blow by your defender for an easy dunk or layup at the rim. The same can be said for your AI teammates. They play way smarter defense against the opponent especially when you miss a rotation and they cover it for you.

Shooting in this game feels much smoother than it did in previous years.

The MyCareer storyline is the most unique it's been ever. I'm liking how they incorporated having interests off the court into your progression.

I'm not liking how little they addressed the problems in MyNBA/MyGM/MyLeague. Adding one new feature to the mode while also ignoring various issues that plagued the mode in the past is shameful. Hopefully they address it in future patches.

Overall a great game. I would give it an 8.5/10.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ATLHawks3 said:

I'm not liking how little they addressed the problems in MyNBA/MyGM/MyLeague. Adding one new feature to the mode while also ignoring various issues that plagued the mode in the past is shameful. Hopefully they address it in future patches.

Thanks, your review was very helpful. I will not get them game until they fix MyNBA

• Like 2

On 9/13/2021 at 10:00 AM, Sothron said:

I have the game for PS5 so bear with me here.

So I'm enjoying the actual game play with one big issue that it is impossible to score on the fast break. The defenders no matter how slow they are in real life or the game will magically outrun even the fastest players to stop them from scoring on a fast break.

But my biggest issue is with MyNBA. I can't find a way in the features to turn the governor off so you can go back to the old MyLeague settings. Has anyone figured out how to get rid of the governor or at least edit it to give you maximum flexibility? I can't stand that our actual owner spends money on the team and the staff etc but in this game you are stuck with the default owners called governors.

And the Hawks one is super cheap. I can't even hire new staff because I am at the budget limit. I only want to deal with salary cap when it comes to the franchise mode not worry about soda prices or having money to hire a scout or assistant coach. How do you turn that off so you don't have to worry with it?

Most just mass edit the G-League.