• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2021-2022 Post/In- Between Game Thread: Thoughts, Updates, Tidbits etc.

JayBirdHawk

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

That's interesting.  Wal-mart generates as much revenue off the 80 yo greeter and, as such, can justify the expense of frequent testing?  Super weird.  /sarcasm

C'mon, you know better than to make that comparison.

Ok so it's about economics and/or optics. Thank you. At least we can stop pretending marathon Covid testing for vaccinated healthy 20 somethings is any way rooted in science.

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Dealing with the loss of a parent at such a young age. He'll probably be out a week or so. 

Prayers up for him.  That's got to be so tough.

he's had a rough life already in that aspect.  Didn't his older brother drop dead out of nowhere in high school?

4 minutes ago, shakes said:

he's had a rough life already in that aspect.  Didn't his older brother drop dead out of nowhere in high school?

It was from a skateboarding accident I believe. 

7 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Ok so it's about economics and/or optics. Thank you. At least we can stop pretending marathon Covid testing for vaccinated healthy 20 somethings is any way rooted in science.

You find the funniest things to get wound up about.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Ok I'm not saying it's not rooted in science.  But .... who said it's "rooted in science" anyway?  Like, who's your beef with?  Not that I care.  I just find it funny.  "It" being the perceived outrage.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ok I'm not saying it's not rooted in science.  But .... who said it's "rooted in science" anyway?  Like, who's your beef with?  Not that I care.  I just find it funny.  "It" being the perceived outrage.

The league is claiming science. They're called health and safety protocols. I'm pretty sure Silver does not want them called economic liability protocols.  

Edited by bleachkit

11 minutes ago, marco102 said:

It was from a skateboarding accident I believe. 

You find the funniest things to get wound up about.

If the league wants to disrupt games and schedules for Covid protocols then that's their right. Seems like in a vaccinated world they could dial it back just a smudge. 

20 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

The league is claiming science. They're called health and safety protocols. I'm pretty sure Silver does not want them called economic liability protocols.  

Eh, I think your applying a pretty loose interpretation of the word "science" to make your point.  Seems my original answer is the best answer.  And these are "health and safety protocols".  I still don't know why you're so upset.

4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I mean several players who had Covid reported it taking months for them to get back to feeling like they were fully healthy.   I'm pretty sure that guys aren't that cool just winging it and playing against a team that has a huge outbreak.  

Just tell them bleachk says it's ok. 🙃

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Lamarcus Aldridge literally has COVID right now.  Do you know how dangerous that is for him with that heart condition even being vaccinated? 

There are probably plenty of players with comorbidities that we don't know about.  You should take some precautions.  

They have loosened protocols this season. What inconvenience has this caused you? 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Lamarcus Aldridge literally has COVID right now.  Do you know how dangerous that is for him with that heart condition even being vaccinated? 

There are probably plenty of players with comorbidities that we don't know about.  You should take some precautions.  

They have loosened protocols this season. What inconvenience has this caused you? 

So even young healthy vaccinated  people are in danger of Covid? If that's the case why are we having games at all, with thousands of people in attendance? The notion that basketball players need stricter protocols than nursing home residents is laughable. Politics and money always come before reason I guess.  

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Eh, I think your applying a pretty loose interpretation of the word "science" to make your point.  Seems my original answer is the best answer.  And these are "health and safety protocols".  I still don't know why you're so upset.

Just tell them bleachk says it's ok. 🙃

You're absolutely right. We need to protect our most vulnerable in this society. Millionaire 20 something NBA players. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

So even young healthy vaccinated  people are in danger of Covid? If that's the case why are we having games at all, with thousands of people in attendance? The notion that basketball players need stricter protocols than nursing home residents is laughable. Politics and money always come before reason I guess.  

I'm confused too.   What exactly do you have issue with?  Testing players?  Players not being allowed to play when they are sick?  

Post COVID-19, Jayson Tatum says he still needs inhaler to open lungs up before games (nbcsports.com)

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm confused too.   What exactly do you have issue with?  Testing players?  Players not being allowed to play when they are sick?  

Post COVID-19, Jayson Tatum says he still needs inhaler to open lungs up before games (nbcsports.com)

Heh, I'm about to back away slowly from ol' grumpy on this one.  He's in his grumpy bag on this covid stuff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Yeah, there's been enough of them to get long covid that didn't die and ruined their quality of life. Not so sure what you are so upset about. My job requires testing every time we go to the office to meet clients rather we are vaccinated or not. 

We aren't the NBA so what exactly is the issue? 

You seemed to have just not responded regarding LaMarcus Aldridge because it falls against your agenda. 

43 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Like I said, I don't have an issue with testing per se. The league and the players negotiated on this. But it's truly sad that a 20 something NBA player  gets tested day and night, while the 80 year old Wal mart is greeter, whose risk is literally a 1000x greater, is not tested. It just speaks to how misplaced our values are. 

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Like I said, I don't have an issue with testing per se. The league and the players negotiated on this. But it's truly sad that a 20 something NBA player  gets tested day and night, while the 80 year old Wal mart is greeter, whose risk is literally a 1000x greater, is not tested. It just speaks to how misplaced our values are. 

Methinks your problem should be with Walmart and not the NBA. If a company can afford to test their employees daily then they have the right to. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, marco102 said:

Yeah, there's been enough of them to get long covid that didn't die and ruined their quality of life. Not so sure what you are so upset about. My job requires testing every time we go to the office to meet clients rather we are vaccinated or not. 

We aren't the NBA so what exactly is the issue? 

You seemed to have just not responded regarding LaMarcus Aldridge because it falls against your agenda. 

I'm not saying NBA players don't get Covid. They are humans so of course they get it. Nobody is at zero risk.