• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Our team loves a challenge

sillent

• Premium Member

The one problem that we're having is scoring consistency.   It's not a matter of play calling, it's a matter of ability. 

Hunter, Bogi, and Cam have ability but they are not being consistent. 

I watched the warriors play the Bulls and I left that game mad at the Hawks. 

The warriors play so inspired.   I remember people talking about Andrew Wiggins being a bad player.. In their system, not only is he playing well, he scraps.  He works hard for the rebound.  Curry Setting Picks.  And Iguodala has been rejuvenated.   I know it was a home game and all but this team is team.  They don't look beatable.  And they are not overpowering.  Just playing team ball so good that it outclasses the opponent. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Yeah... but the point is that we need that kind of team consistency.    We don't have a shooter like Curry or a playmaker like Green... but they don't have a player like Trae or a hard working efficiency guy like JC.   It's not that we have to mimic their play, we should mimic how hard they work to play as a team..

I can't stand watching Cam hit the floor.   Like against Denver... He gets the ball, Wright is out ahead of him on the break.. what does he do... NOT give it up and wind up losing the darn ball. -4.   Some of the dumb things we do can't be given to youth anymore... we've been here... we're just not learning because we don't have the desire. 

I feel like last year we played so well because we had something to prove and the desire to overcome mistakes were there.   This season, it's more like we've proved it. No desire.   Sometimes, I can see Trae just going through the motions. 

The Warriors play like they want it. Very Badly.  Even their bench players come in hungry.   And even though all the cameras are pointed at Curry... He's not a glory hog.  He wants it very badly.  I saw him setting picks last night.  I cursed at him... what the hell are you doing??  But then I saw it.  Every player plays selflessly. 

That's what we had last year.   Every player playing selflessly because we wanted to win more than we wanted to look good.  So far, we have a few times that we have shown up as a team.. I mean against Denver in the 2nd half, we went on a 15-2 run.   It was the second squad with JC and it was all team.  They got JC the damn ball.  Nobody was really taking heat checks.  Defense was ticked up. Kvon was scoring in rhythm and passing in rhythm...  It's beautiful.   But it didn't last. 

I don't want to say it's Bogi because he has heart and he hits shots.  I just believe that each player at this point should know their role.   I'm not down about the losing streak but the Denver game was a winnable game. 

We forgot that you don't have to stop Joker... Just stop the rest. Cut off Joker's passing lanes... Make him pick the ball up.  Keep a hand in his face and if he hits it.. OK..   but don't let him get other guys started.  It's the same Embiid plan. 

I believe that we will start running better.. we just need to avoid injuries and remember our roles. 

On 11/14/2021 at 12:54 AM, Diesel said:

Yeah... but the point is that we need that kind of team consistency.    We don't have a shooter like Curry or a playmaker like Green... but they don't have a player like Trae or a hard working efficiency guy like JC.   It's not that we have to mimic their play, we should mimic how hard they work to play as a team..

I can't stand watching Cam hit the floor.   Like against Denver... He gets the ball, Wright is out ahead of him on the break.. what does he do... NOT give it up and wind up losing the darn ball. -4.   Some of the dumb things we do can't be given to youth anymore... we've been here... we're just not learning because we don't have the desire. 

I feel like last year we played so well because we had something to prove and the desire to overcome mistakes were there.   This season, it's more like we've proved it. No desire.   Sometimes, I can see Trae just going through the motions. 

The Warriors play like they want it. Very Badly.  Even their bench players come in hungry.   And even though all the cameras are pointed at Curry... He's not a glory hog.  He wants it very badly.  I saw him setting picks last night.  I cursed at him... what the hell are you doing??  But then I saw it.  Every player plays selflessly. 

That's what we had last year.   Every player playing selflessly because we wanted to win more than we wanted to look good.  So far, we have a few times that we have shown up as a team.. I mean against Denver in the 2nd half, we went on a 15-2 run.   It was the second squad with JC and it was all team.  They got JC the damn ball.  Nobody was really taking heat checks.  Defense was ticked up. Kvon was scoring in rhythm and passing in rhythm...  It's beautiful.   But it didn't last. 

I don't want to say it's Bogi because he has heart and he hits shots.  I just believe that each player at this point should know their role.   I'm not down about the losing streak but the Denver game was a winnable game. 

We forgot that you don't have to stop Joker... Just stop the rest. Cut off Joker's passing lanes... Make him pick the ball up.  Keep a hand in his face and if he hits it.. OK..   but don't let him get other guys started.  It's the same Embiid plan. 

I believe that we will start running better.. we just need to avoid injuries and remember our roles. 

Please relax. I understand the concerns but we haven't even seen our squad for real. Maybe the last 2 games were the best definition of our true squad but we haven't begun to play our game for real.

Judging amy team less than 20 games in usually turns out bad for the judge. 

I know we wanted them to jump out the gate like they could have but I think we'd all rather them save their best for when it matters most.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 3/31/2022 at 12:56 PM, Atlantaholic said:

Yea, but we need to climb in the standings. Winning back to back road games against Charlottw and Brooklyn/Cleveland then having to take on either Milwaukee or Philly or Miami with home court disadvantage is a bit of a tall order. 

I'll just leave this here since it's more relevant. 

It's not a challenge if it's not a tall order.

• Like 3

• Moderators
On 11/13/2021 at 7:31 PM, sillent said:

I would not be surprised at all if we touched the bottom of the standings this year, just to rise all the way to the top.

The braves had good parity as well and I wouldn't be surprised to see us follow suit.

The moment we choose to play like a true team and keep the defense moving on one in and make it hard to score on the other everyone will be looking at our team in a whole new light.

Maybe a tweak is needed like having Cam start packing his bags.

It would be nice to have a Nathan Knight vs TLC... We could definitely find someone that can possibly help ignite some new energy.

Either way our team loves a challenge. Especially our floor general in Trae Young. I would not be surprised if we turned it all around as soon as we hit the bottom or near the bottom of the standings.

This was pretty spot on.  Nice job.  I had to make one tweak to make it completely accurate though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think many fully understood what I meant with this post. Not going to try to explain right now but hopefully the picture gets clearer after these next few games.

All I will say is we have a true villain on our squad whose towing with the league.