• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A Solo soliloquy

sturt

• Moderators
On 12/13/2021 at 1:42 PM, Gray Mule said:

There is a difference around here.

Tomato - Big, juicy that fits nicely on a slice of bread.

Tommie Toe - Grape sized, but still a tomato.  Good size for a salad.

When my son was in service he mentioned that he would like to have a tomato sandwich.  "What in the world is that?" ask the chef.  "Do you know what a BLT is?"  "Certainly!"  "Well, you just omit the BL and you have it!"

:hi:

Love it.   My Dad, also a vet, was a huge tomato sandwich guy and consequently i am too now.   They are delicious.   

He also was a big potato salad sandwich guy which isn't for everyone but potatoes on bread?  yes please.   Just have to put that one piece of iceberg on there to make it nice and healthy.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Love it.   My Dad, also a vet, was a huge tomato sandwich guy and consequently i am too now.   They are delicious.   

He also was a big potato salad sandwich guy which isn't for everyone but potatoes on bread?  yes please.   Just have to put that one piece of iceberg on there to make it nice and healthy.  

I love a BLT.  How do you make a tomato sandwich?  (Seasoning, condiments, other ingredients, etc.  GM's recipe for me would probably be something like tomato with mayo since I find little else needed to make it great with the bacon and lettuce in the mix.)

• Like 1

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, AHF said:

I love a BLT.  How do you make a tomato sandwich?  (Seasoning, condiments, other ingredients, etc.  GM's recipe for me would probably be something like tomato with mayo since I find little else needed to make it great with the bacon and lettuce in the mix.)

Lot's of tomato slices, salt and pepper and either just mayo or my dad's preference: 

vcYGOTTsg%2BCASBLl8WXTHU=&risl=&pid=ImgR

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 12/20/2021 at 3:27 PM, macdaddy said:

Lot's of tomato slices, salt and pepper and either just mayo or my dad's preference: 

vcYGOTTsg%2BCASBLl8WXTHU=&risl=&pid=ImgR

Never seen (or maybe never noticed) that sauce before.  Sounds good to me.  Salt and pepper are simple but such a good base for so many things.

• Like 1