• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A Solo soliloquy

sturt

22 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I said in the 'Tidbits' thread - I can see the Hawks releasing him to add another player but keeping him around and engaged with the team and more importantly rehabbing with the Hawks. List of current FAs:

Power Forwards

Small Forwards

James Ennis is the best player available on that list. Coming off a season where he knocked down 43% of his threes on 2.5 attempts. 

1 hour ago, mrhonline said:

I'd definitely call the Thunder to see if you could "buy" Kenrich for a Solo/2nd/cash. The low cost on the 2nd year would be nice next year.

Make that a top 55 protected 2025 2nd round pick and you got yourself a deal.

• Premium Member
On 12/10/2021 at 3:00 PM, mrhonline said:

I'd definitely call the Thunder to see if you could "buy" Kenrich for a Solo/2nd/cash. The low cost on the 2nd year would be nice next year.

Kenrich Williams gives you a 3 pt shot that RHJ doesn't.

Then again, he's got significant FT issues, and while he's a good defender, RHJ is a step above him defensively.

I wouldn't be too upset either way,

On 12/10/2021 at 4:41 PM, ATLHawks3 said:

James Ennis is the best player available on that list.

Could live with Ennis, but prefer Williams, me.

The tradeoff is mainly that while Ennis is an average FT shooter to Williams' below-averageness, Williams has a definite leg-up on defense over Ennis.

All have some degree of reputation as hustlers. But, of the three distinguishing factors, I value making sure you have someone who is both a superior defender and solid FT... 3 pt shot is important, but for this particular role on the team, if you can't have all three, then that's the element I'm most willing to forego.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, Diesel said:

He's been in our system before.

Okay, had to figure out where you were getting that.

Now see that he was with us for one week in training camp.

To the other... he has about 600 minutes of NBA experience in two seasons... and he's yet to have a defensive rating above his team's average.

But all of that aside, unless the GM mentions that he's inclined to look for a specific position to fill, the reasonable assumption would seem to be that he'll look to fill Hill's slot with someone who projects to a SF/PF role that Hill held... and all the more, given that Hunter's not been available for most of the season, and the team's already thin there.

But let's say Schlenk wants to add a SG to the roster. Seems from here that Mays gets the call ahead of anyone else.

• Premium Member
17 hours ago, sturt said:

Okay, had to figure out where you were getting that.

Now see that he was with us for one week in training camp.

To the other... he has about 600 minutes of NBA experience in two seasons... and he's yet to have a defensive rating above his team's average.

But all of that aside, unless the GM mentions that he's inclined to look for a specific position to fill, the reasonable assumption would seem to be that he'll look to fill Hill's slot with someone who projects to a SF/PF role that Hill held... and all the more, given that Hunter's not been available for most of the season, and the team's already thin there.

But let's say Schlenk wants to add a SG to the roster. Seems from here that Mays gets the call ahead of anyone else.

My thing is that he can play some SF/SG.. He's 6'5" 230 lber.   He's not going to be moved around that easily.   He's a good 3 pt shooter... as far as PF... OO is coming back soon.   He will eat PF minutes.  I say look at Jeffries on a 10 day contract.   Much better than trading some of our players for some of the guys that are listed.   Or even signing these listed guys to a full term. 

• Premium Member

Somehow think you missed what happens at exactly :06 in that clip, Dies... hehe...

I'm remembering the Crocodile Dundee... "that's not a knife... this is a knife"... as I'm thinking about Solo bumpting Noel... "that's not a chest bump... this is a chest bump".... hehehe

Nah, Delly's not the target... here's your target...

2021-12-13_09-28-30.png

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, sturt said:

Somehow think you missed what happens at exactly :06 in that clip, Dies... hehe...

I'm remembering the Crocodile Dundee... "that's not a knife... this is a knife"... as I'm thinking about Solo bumpting Noel... "that's not a chest bump... this is a chest bump".... hehehe

Nah, Delly's not the target... here's your target...

2021-12-13_09-28-30.png

No I recognized it.  I just feel that we have more to gain for this position than just an enforcer whoose main work is pushing down a guy in an Australian game.  What's he going to do with Julius, Mitchell, and Taj?

15 minutes ago, sturt said:

Tomatoe Tomahtoe?

There is a difference around here.

Tomato - Big, juicy that fits nicely on a slice of bread.

Tommie Toe - Grape sized, but still a tomato.  Good size for a salad.

When my son was in service he mentioned that he would like to have a tomato sandwich.  "What in the world is that?" ask the chef.  "Do you know what a BLT is?"  "Certainly!"  "Well, you just omit the BL and you have it!"

:hi:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3