• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

All I can say is... yikes... and, mods feel free to move this at your own discretion

sturt

His response was that he was going to go for the block, but his momentum took over and he couldn't control his body and just keep moving into the player.

Watching the video, and trying to be somewhat sympathetic ... I don't believe him.

Worst I've ever seen.  Beyond dangerous.

As LongTime said, the kid seems to suggest it was an accident.  Apologized iiuc.  I guess.

If I try to give BOTD, that play looks so weird and strange that I almost believe him.  Like it's more believable that he was that clumsy as opposed to that heartless.

Surely he didn't think he'd get away with it without a lengthy suspension, right?  I mean who would do something like that?  Is he a psychopath?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

As LongTime said, the kid seems to suggest it was an accident.  Apologized iiuc.  I guess.

If I try to give BOTD, that play looks so weird and strange that I almost believe him.  Like it's more believable that he was that clumsy as opposed to that heartless.

Surely he didn't think he'd get away with it without a lengthy suspension, right?  I mean who would do something like that?  Is he a psychopath?

I can't see that as a clumsy accident. 

I have watched it a few times now.. Running like a Bengal tiger chasing a gazelle, he braced himself and leaned in with his shoulder like a Ram would do before making contact.

-did you catch my superbowl shout out right there. 

• Haha 3

Yeah, the only BOTD that I can muster is exactly what you state, KG, it just looks like "Who the F would just plow into someone and undercut them like that? It's too unbelievable."  So in that case you just kind of wonder - did he really lose control and just keep flying forward not knowing how to avoid the collision?  Just odd, to be sure.  But, I like to think the best of people and not the worst, so I'll hope the young man who did this understands how he needs to behave in the future.  

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Not really buying the excuses. That type of foul can only happen in "organized" basketball because the repercussions are relatively minor. An ejection or suspension would be the least of his worries if he undercut somebody like that anywhere else.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

Yeah, the only BOTD that I can muster is exactly what you state, KG, it just looks like "Who the F would just plow into someone and undercut them like that? It's too unbelievable."  So in that case you just kind of wonder - did he really lose control and just keep flying forward not knowing how to avoid the collision?  Just odd, to be sure.  But, I like to think the best of people and not the worst, so I'll hope the young man who did this understands how he needs to behave in the future.  

Watched Grayson Allen do blatant stuff all through his college career.  Now look. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Not really buying the excuses. That type of foul can only happen in "organized" basketball because the repercussions are relatively minor. An ejection or suspension would be the least of his worries if he undercut somebody like that anywhere else.

Whoa, whoooaaa ... I'm not defending the guy.  I'm just saying it looks so weird and out of place.  He could've killed that guy.  Who'd wanna do that in the middle of a basketball game?

I think I have my answer.....

Just now, shakes said:

Horrible foul, one of the worst I've ever seen.  But, on the other hand, if bad things happen to Duke are they really bad things?

I can't lie.  I lold. 

• Haha 3