• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young... The Unlikely MVP.....

Diesel

6 hours ago, Diesel said:

Let's put some facts out here.

Trae is probably the best offensive player in the NBA right now.  Leads the league in Assists and possibly Points.   He is consistent and efficient.  Yet, he will be passed up because he's not the best defender also. Very few PGs in the History of this game has put up scoring and assist numbers like Trae's..  And you say he's not All NBA.. and you want to prop up lesser guys who has great teams around them to help bolster their defense... as more deserving than Trae??

B.S. 

He's the worst defender and arguably, I agree that he might be the best offensive player in the NBA right now

• Moderators

I’ve got my own view from the eye test but is he the worst this season by any metric? Curious if any metric this season is among the worst seasons by any player in NBA history as well.  Two different questions but both worth noting in the context of this discussion, I think.

(People know I think defensive metrics are much less useful than offensive ones as far as accurately reflecting contributions but still interested in these two data points for those who I suspect have already looked at the issue in connection with this thread).

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, AHF said:

I’ve got my own view from the eye test but is he the worst this season by any metric? Curious if any metric this season is among the worst seasons by any player in NBA history as well.  Two different questions but both worth noting in the context of this discussion, I think.

(People know I think defensive metrics are much less useful than offensive ones as far as accurately reflecting contributions but still interested in these two data points for those who I suspect have already looked at the issue in connection with this thread).

Nope, he's not the worsted this year let alone in history. Whether it's defensive win shares, standard box +- or Raptor. He's top ten in every net value metric though, well ahead of any PG including Ja 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1