• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Could our new two-way player and @Diesel fav, Chaundee Brown Jr. be our cheap long-term replacement for De'Andre Hunter at SF

NBASupes

Brown has been good bulk, he's closer to Bazemore height, Torrey Craig's length, and he's very strong. Like Duncan Robinson who is a former Michigan Wolverine like Brown, he has a high role player ceiling which he showed the first time he played in Atlanta during COVID-gate. Most here know I am anti-spend for a wing because I am not a fan how Trae utilizes wings. The SF position in general is a position, I just think we need a 3&D more capable than Solo or Tony Snell like a Dorian Finney-Smith. I think Brown with development could become the next DFS. 

I love Hunter, I still believe he has two way potential, just not in Atlanta in a heliocentric offense. I wasn't buying it when everyone else was last year and called a hater or Cam lover for it but now that I see it the same, I am called a Trae hater or I don't believe in Trae. Silly fool! My opinion never has waned, it's our opinion that has. 

Brown G-league stats are solid. 33% 3PT shooter isn't good but seeing him shoot 40% especially with Trae tells me he needs someone to set him up otherwise, he could in trouble. 

https://stats.gleague.nba.com/player/1630602/

I like the fact that he gets 5RPG and 2APG in 30MPG as well. Shows that he's an active player at all times which is what we saw during COVIDgate. In terms of steals, he's only getting .6 a game but I like his activity on that end. 

Another thing I like about Brown is his G-league stats wasn't far off from his Atlanta stats. 

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/brownch05.html

While I been wanting a player like Otto Porter Jr. to start at SF, I know he's a shell of the defender he used to be. Maybe a player like Brown is the perfect SF moving forward for us making it easy for us to continue to build a championship roster. 

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That's the same height as Kent Bazemore and Torrey Craig 

Kent played mostly SG, he may have transitioned to playing more SF later but he was not a good SF, he was undersized.

You mean the same Torrey Craig you touted as 'generational defender' a couple years ago? and he's 6'-7"

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Kent played mostly SG, he may have transitioned to playing more SF later but he was not a good SF, he was undersized.

You mean the same Torrey Craig you touted as 'generational defender' a couple years ago? and he's 6'-7"

For that time period, he was special defensively, he lost his explosiveness burst and never got it back. He's 6'5.75 with shoes. That's like 6'6.

Bazemore didn't have bulk, Brown does 

Edited by NBASupes

We need to hold on to Hunter. I believe he will come around eventually once he truly understands his place in this heliocentric offense. He may not ever be the best spot up shooter for a guy like Trae but Hunters defense is needed and those times he plays aggressive and slashes to the basket it makes this offense even better.

I get where you are going but I’m not ready to give up on Hunter just yet.

5 minutes ago, JTB said:

We need to hold on to Hunter. I believe he will come around eventually once he truly understands his place in this heliocentric offense. He may not ever be the best spot up shooter for a guy like Trae but Hunters defense is needed and those times he plays aggressive and slashes to the basket it makes this offense even better.

I get where you are going but I’m not ready to give up on Hunter just yet.

He will never fit. It's like fitting a square peg into a round hole. Even his soph was pushed by LP forcing Trae to adapt and all it did was kill our offensive efficiency and offensive impact even if Dre's numbers looked good as a response. He needs to go to an offense where the wings are moving and the touches they get are high where he feels like he doesn't have to force anything or take shots he isn't exactly ready to take. You can't force people to change their games and be effective unless they are highly adaptable. Something Hunter has proven he's not. 

Royce O'Neale gets 60 touches a game. Shit's crazy. So much of ya'll really don't understand how hard it is to be a wing in a heliocentric offense. It's like many think this is 2k. 

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He will never fit. It's like fitting a square peg into a round hole. Even his soph was pushed by LP forcing Trae to adapt and all it did was kill our offensive efficiency and offensive impact even if Dre's numbers looked good as a response. He needs to go to an offense where the wings are moving and the touches they get are high where he feels like he doesn't have to force anything or take shots he isn't exactly ready to take. You can't force people to change their games and be effective unless they are highly adaptable. Something Hunter has proven he's not. 

Royce O'Neale gets 60 touches a game. Shit's crazy. So much of ya'll really don't understand how hard it is to be a wing in a heliocentric offense. It's like many think this is 2k. 

I didn’t say it wasn’t tough but my reasoning for holding on to him is defensive reasons much more than what he’s doing offensively. It’s tough to find a big 3 which is what I consider hunter so until we can find that I’d rather keep him. At the very least I believe he’s still going to become an impactful defender which we need even if he isn’t the perfect offensive fit.

Oh…and while I do like to play a game of 2k when I can during my busy work schedule I can assure you that I’m not basing my opinions on a game of 2k lol but thanks for the kind insult Supes. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JTB said:

I didn’t say it wasn’t tough but my reasoning for holding on to him is defensive reasons much more than what he’s doing offensively. It’s tough to find a big 3 which is what I consider hunter so until we can find that I’d rather keep him. At the very least I believe he’s still going to become an impactful defender which we need even if he isn’t the perfect offensive fit.

Oh…and while I do like to play a game of 2k when I can during my busy work schedule I can assure you that I’m not basing my opinions on a game of 2k lol but thanks for the kind insult Supes. 

I feel you. I like his defense but as long as he doesn't protect Trae well, he's never going to get the love he truly deserves in Atlanta on that end. We got fools on here saying he's a bad defender. The same fools who will say Trae is not that bad on defense. 

That's not directly to you. That in general to the general takes I've read on this site. In fact, you been pretty fair and balanced. 

• Thanks 1

I keep looking at Brandon Ingram. 

Collins and Hunter for Ingram would probably work. 

Depending on everyone's headspace around Zion, maybe throw him and OO into the trade mix. That would be a huge risk, so our FO would have to know something I don't to feel confident enough to pull that trigger. KG would love that move so much, it would almost be worth seeing it happen.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

I keep looking at Brandon Ingram. 

Collins and Hunter for Ingram would probably work. 

Depending on everyone's headspace around Zion, maybe throw him and OO into the trade mix. That would be a huge risk, so our FO would have to know something I don't to feel confident enough to pull that trigger. KG would love that move so much, it would almost be worth seeing it happen.

I like Ingram too.   However, I don't know about that trade....

The Pels are interesting. Maybe they will get what they want from a good draft. 

Official:  "Hunter, you dared to try and touch him.  That's a foul."

Until they refs quit treating Hunter as a green rookie, he can't be the defender that we need.  I know.  He does foul - a lot.  Some of those that are a fantom touch - Ugh!  We don't need any of those.

:hi:

• Like 1