Our Likely Trade Pieces.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Likely to be traded are the following:

1.  JC

2.   Gallo

3.   Shariffe

4.  Bogi. 

I think JC will be traded if we don't get Ayton or Gobert.   I think us going after Ayton or Gobert may be a mistake, however I see the logic in it. 

So let's say CC stays.  Let's say we bulk up our C position with Mark Williams out of Duke... Just somehow he gets passed Charlotte.  We would have a three headed rotation of CC, OO, and MWill.

The match between CC and JC is still small.   We would need a Defensive PF who could score.  Everybody is yelling Siakim.  I say Fool's Gold.   Hold on to JC for a minute.

Shariffe is leaving if the rumors are true.  Not just the attitude, we can save on his salary. 

Gallo is going.   I see no way around it. 

Bogi is going.  I see no way around it. 

So with these likely trade Pieces, who can we get???  You can throw in some first rounders if you like.. but remember,#16... 7 foot C project. 

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

Likely to be traded are the following:

1.  JC

2.   Gallo

3.   Shariffe

4.  Bogi. 

I think JC will be traded if we don't get Ayton or Gobert.   I think us going after Ayton or Gobert may be a mistake, however I see the logic in it. 

So let's say CC stays.  Let's say we bulk up our C position with Mark Williams out of Duke... Just somehow he gets passed Charlotte.  We would have a three headed rotation of CC, OO, and MWill.

The match between CC and JC is still small.   We would need a Defensive PF who could score.  Everybody is yelling Siakim.  I say Fool's Gold.   Hold on to JC for a minute.

Shariffe is leaving if the rumors are true.  Not just the attitude, we can save on his salary. 

Gallo is going.   I see no way around it. 

Bogi is going.  I see no way around it. 

So with these likely trade Pieces, who can we get???  You can throw in some first rounders if you like.. but remember,#16... 7 foot C project. 

If you are drafting a center at #16 I think OO then is a trade piece.  Third string centers should be easy to come by.

If drafting Mark Williams means we trade one of our current centers, goodby Clint.  I must wonder who we got in the trade when we lost you.  Any ideas?

😎

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, Packfill said:

If you are drafting a center at #16 I think OO then is a trade piece.  Third string centers should be easy to come by.

OO has shown us enough on the defense end that we can hold on to him while we see if his offense and patience can be made better.   The argument for OO is that he hasn't had an offseason to work on his deficiencies yet.   I think that there's a whole lot there; but I would agree with you that his present potential makes his value good for trading.  I will still wait until the trade deadline 2023.  That gives us a chance to look at him and to look at the project C that we draft. 

• Like 1

Everyone should be available for the right price, Gallo should be gone, one of Bogi or Huerter should be traded for a defensive and big SG, CAP and OO should be available for an upgrade at C, Collins should be available for an upgrade at PF. 

I have been saying since day one, this team needs size and strength, we cannot compete with this roster. If you cannot get it on the market, go and get it through FA. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
54 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Everyone should be available for the right price, Gallo should be gone, one of Bogi or Huerter should be traded for a defensive and big SG, CAP and OO should be available for an upgrade at C, Collins should be available for an upgrade at PF. 

I have been saying since day one, this team needs size and strength, we cannot compete with this roster. If you cannot get it on the market, go and get it through FA. 

More than size and strength, we need good health and somebody that can score at the rim. 

We need reliable shooters. 

Or 3 pt shooters (most of the team) shoots between 39-36% from three.   Unfortunately among about 7 players, we're putting up an average of about 4 3pters a game.  IMO, we don't shoot that well.  Bogi averages 8 3pters per game and he shoots it about 36%.  It' s a nice percent, but I would rather see a 40% shooter shooting that much.  I don't know if I would want a doug mcDermott type though.  A KK whose only job is to shoot the three?

23 hours ago, Diesel said:

OO has shown us enough on the defense end that we can hold on to him while we see if his offense and patience can be made better.   The argument for OO is that he hasn't had an offseason to work on his deficiencies yet.   I think that there's a whole lot there; but I would agree with you that his present potential makes his value good for trading.  I will still wait until the trade deadline 2023.  That gives us a chance to look at him and to look at the project C that we draft. 

In order to get the right pieces around Trae the Hawks will have to give up assets.  No doubt OO has upside and that is why he has trade value.  If including him unlocks a good trade then I say go for it particularly if you have already invested in a new developmental back-up center.  Having two developmental back-up centers on a team looking to win now does not make sense to me.

• Premium Member

Our Squawkers finish the move...  I'm reading a lot about a Brogdon for Collins one on one swap.

How do we complete the offseason if we make that move.  Who is the new PF?

I'm going to give you the scenarios I don't like and then we can listen to other scenarios..

Scenarios

1.Bogi to NY/  Shariffe/Randle to N.O. for Zion Williamson. 

2.  Bogi to NY for Randle. 

So let's say we did get Randle for Bogi. 

This is our team:

Trae/Delon

Brogdon/Kev

Hunter/C Brown

Randle/JJ

CC/OO

• Premium Member
Just now, Diesel said:

Do explain?

As a one for one deal - I would pass considering age and injury history of Brogdan and our current glut at SG with Huerter and Bogi.

(I know you posted the followup Randle trade which is a NO)

• Like 2

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

As a one for one deal - I would pass considering age and injury history of Brogdan and our current glut at SG with Huerter and Bogi.

(I know you posted the followup Randle trade which is a NO)

I'm not in love with the followup Randle deal.  However, realistically, it's hard to find another PF if we were to trade for Brogdon.  We would have to do something like push JJ into the starting rotation.. .and either hold on to Gallo or trade Gallo and pick up some vet like Favors to back up JJ. 

Brogdon...

He's my third pick.  I would much rather have Lonzo Ball.   After that maybe Josh Hart... but Brogdon was my #3.  I looked around and there was a whole lot of conversation about that one on one swap.   Especially from Indy pundits

It makes a lot of sense opportunity wise because Halliburton has set down.   Then again, that's before I read about the Brogdon Nate Beef...

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

Collins for Brogdon feels like a Pacers windfall to me.  They need to give more value to even think about that deal.

What if they throw in Isaiah Jackson with Brog? Would that tickle your trading bone? And a first?

Edited by Spud2nique

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

What if they throw in Isaiah Jackson with Brog? Would that tickle your trading bone? And a first?

I'm giving up the Brog trade thoughts.   Brog had strong parting words about Nate when Nate was fired.   While I believe that we should pick up players in expectation for Nate's departure (maybe I said that wrong).. I don't think it would be fruitful to bring him here.   Plus, I would much rather have Lonzo.

• Thanks 1